Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

Just out of curiosity, how many g's can you feel on Banshee? I've heard "Banshee-forceless" and "OMGOSH THIS IS LIKE TOO MUCH!". (Comparison to Beast, FoF, etc.)

I can't give you a number, but it's almost certainly more than Beast's, however it's not quite to the point where it's "too much"; its what you would expect out of a massive B&M Invert.

It delivers some very good sustained forces. Nothing too extreme, but nothing anywhere near light. In my humble opinion, i think it is the most consistently intense ride in the park. No MCBR makes for a balls to the wall ride experience from drop to stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I was wondering if anyone may know if we will be able to pick our own seating on the Banshee anytime soon. I'd love to ride in the front (especially with my fear of 'protein spills' coming back and hitting me on the ride). Has anyone tried to request a certain seat? When I rode yesterday we were assigned a seat, we wanted to go for the front, but we were honestly happy to just sit down anywhere lol.

Can't wait to experience the Banshee at night (: the Banshee is a thrill unlike any other at KI. I'm very excited for other "firsts" I will have with it.

And sorry for continually whining about shirts. >_<

On Media Day, they were usually happy to accommodate seat requests when possible, though they sometimes have to say no to front seat requests if that line is already too long (back to the separator. I would imagine the same would be true throughout the season for the most part, especially since some people will have to specifically ride in row 4 (which have slightly longer seatbelts).

I got in 10 rides today. When we left the park the line was down to 30-45 minutes. The ride ops were really busting their butts. Pretty amazing for the second day of operation and first Saturday of the season.

I won't be able to add much to what has already been said. Banshee is an amazing ride. It is probably the most complete coaster I've ever been on. Meaning from beginning to end it is exciting. Absolutely no dull moments. Kings Island really hit this one out of the park.

• Like 7

I was wondering if anyone may know if we will be able to pick our own seating on the Banshee anytime soon. I'd love to ride in the front (especially with my fear of 'protein spills' coming back and hitting me on the ride). Has anyone tried to request a certain seat? When I rode yesterday we were assigned a seat, we wanted to go for the front, but we were honestly happy to just sit down anywhere lol.

I think they'll take requests for the front if it's not too long. We asked for the front when we got up there and the kid said that the line was too long at the time (there were probably 4 cycles in front of us). We were bummed, especially since he let the people a little bit behind us get in line for the front after we got on our train. Oh well, we'll get plenty of front seats through the year.

• Like 2

You've got to hand it to B&M on this one. The pacing is excellent and every element delivers... BIG TIME...

There's really not a boring thing about the ride. Even the chain lift is exciting since you cross through the first loop. I'd also like to say that it is anything but forceless...yes the layout is "drawn-out" but the 68 mph speed compensates for that!

Zero g-roll+dive into valley > first drop > helix finale > in-line twist > dive loop > 1st vertical loop > 2nd vertical loop > batwing

If you can, ride in the front seat. The back is good but I'd have to say a front seat ride on Banshee is the best front seat ride at Kings Island now.

• Like 3

I've got a question. Since there are no storage bins, will they allow you to carry (or clip to your belt) your souvenir cup with you while you ride? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other coaster with no bins is Firehawk, and on Firehawk they do not. I would assume the same to be true on Banshee but I can't be sure.

Just out of curiosity, how many g's can you feel on Banshee? I've heard "Banshee-forceless" and "OMGOSH THIS IS LIKE TOO MUCH!". (Comparison to Beast, FoF, etc.)

I can't give you a number, but it's almost certainly more than Beast's, however it's not quite to the point where it's "too much"; its what you would expect out of a massive B&M Invert.

So inbetween few and a little bit? After riding it the amount of times I have, I can accurately tell you that I feel a few-no g's on it. Hey, I may be crazy, but that's just what I know.

Banshee will probably be a little bit more, maybe packing a small punch, although not the punch like D-Back.

^^This kind of crap really ticks me off! What's wrong with people? How can someone be so selfish and steal shirts away from other guests? And also, where were the staff in charge of handing out t-shirts? How could they not notice that these people were already carrying multiple shirts. If they went to grab another shirt, speak up and tell them no and to get the heck away. What a bunch of nonsense.

^There were some people, like myself, who were unable to go to media day or participate in the fundraiser because of work and other obligations. For some of us, opening day was our only chance for a Banshee t-shirt (other than to buy one of course). For me, not getting a t-shirt is not the end of the world. Would I have liked to had one? Of course, but I'm not going to stress about it. However, it's the principle of the whole thing that gets to me. To know that people pretty much stole t-shirts and milked the system and that the workers just stood around and let it happen. Just ridiculous.

I'm not sure who handed out the t-shirts, but I can tell you why these people were able to defraud the system. Banshee doesn't allow for loose articles in the station. Therefore the person would have had to leave the shirt they already got behind in order to enter the queue again... unless they were wearing them. You can't expect a person who is seeing hundreds of people walk by every few minutes to remember who they gave t-shirts to and who they didn't with any degree of certainty. So it's not like they would have seen them carrying the shirt and been able to deny them a second under the basis of it being one per customer.

I saw people going through the Fast Lane several times carrying shirts over their arms.

• Like 2

Oh, and if anyone thinks that those shirts are worth $50, you're out of your mind.

One seller successfully sold two shirts on eBay for $50 each. Someone's Fast Lane Plus wristband was (more than) paid for.

Obviously its late now, but I wish there was an easier way to have stopped people from exploiting that system. Maybe a hand stamp (yes I know that would be easy to get rid of) or a mark on their fast past band.

Oh, and if anyone thinks that those shirts are worth $50, you're out of your mind.

One seller successfully sold two shirts on eBay for $50 each. Someone's Fast Lane Plus wristband was (more than) paid for.

I hate the fact that I didn't have their idea. I have to say, it's brilliant. I kinda object to what they did, though, on the basis that I think the shirts really were SUPPOSED to be one per person.

Perhaps next time they could hand out paper slips good for one shirt later in the day, and you must provide identification to pick it up. When you get it, your name goes on a list and you can't get any more shirts. Though the issue there is that there may be more than one Bob Smith at the park that day, plus pre-driving age kids don't typically carry ID...

Still, I think the system could be improved somehow for the next major attraction. Unless the park wanted this to happen as a way to sell more Fast Lane passes.

• Like 1

Would be nice if KI would find out who the sellers are (of those selling that had Fast Lane simply to acquire multiple shirts to sell on ebay) and if they have a season pass, revoke it and ban them. But I doubt that would happen.

Edited by disco2000
  • Like 1