Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

IMO, if they are going to sell a souvenir that you refill. They should be a place for it when you go on the ride that the cup is designed after. Not everybody can go 2 hours+ without a drink. All the other stuff, basketballs, stuffed animals, by all means they should be banned from que lines. Ps I rent a locker for all my other stuff, wifes bag of stuff that wifes need lol. I guess what I want is not a bin, but a cup holder lol....that doesnt spill during 7 inversions lol.

• Like 2

I have my Kings Island/ any amusement park clothes for all weather that keeps me from ever needing a bin or locker. I carry my phone, car key, gold pass, Drivers License,and a credit card in a bag in a zipper pocket. It's not going anywhere, it's become a science. No need for carry cups, I get free shots of water all day and on occasion buy a soda from a gas station on the drive home.

• Like 6

Still haven't been yet. Hoping it'll be on par with Afterburn/TopGun (Carowinds) and Raptor to my standards, but I'm really happy to hear great things. Hell with Robb Alvey saying honestly positive things about the ride speaks volume. Hold your tongue TPR haters, but they dude's been on like a million coasters his opinion is honest.

But most of all I'm glad to hear the restraints don't kill you like the wing coasters. Hopefully I'll pick a pass and get to ride soonish.

• Like 4

Guess my first experience on Banshee was summed up in the interview (lol) http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/record-breaking-Banshee-roller-coaster-debuts-at-k/nfcT3/

"Chris Heim of Beavercreek, who came to the park with the Great Ohio Coaster Club, said he’s been on every thrill ride at amusement parks Cedar Point and Kings Island, Carowinds and Kings Dominion, but Banshee “tops them all.”"

Perhaps some 'artistic license' with what I said, but that's pretty close. Banshee does do a lot of twisting though, and from the rear half of the train, not knowing the track, it pushed me to my 'green' limit. I was definitely dizzy when I got off - but nothing like Firehawk's twist in the back!

Hope to see y'all there sometime this summer!

• Like 4

Strange choice of music. Very mellow and sad with that slow piano. And what was up with the women from Ohio Tourism?? "What I want you to think about when you're on Bahshee, it's 2min45secs long....is 580 little babies are going to be born." Really? You come up with nothing else but strange ..'this is what happened in the world in the last _ minutes facts'. I'll make sure to think about all those babies when I ride for the first time.

• Like 5

...And what was up with the women from Ohio Tourism?? "What I want you to think about when you're on Bahshee, it's 2min45secs long....is 580 little babies are going to be born." Really? You come up with nothing else but strange ..'this is what happened in the world in the last _ minutes facts'. I'll make sure to think about all those babies when I ride for the first time.

Holy crap I thought the exact same thing! She gave all these weird, unrelated statistics and then never really made much of a point with them. I guess she was just saying that lots of things happen in 2 minutes and 45 seconds? Who knows! I just remember thinking to myself, "Ok, that was weird."

• Like 3

Still haven't been yet. Hoping it'll be on par with Afterburn/TopGun (Carowinds) and Raptor to my standards, but I'm really happy to hear great things. Hell with Robb Alvey saying honestly positive things about the ride speaks volume. Hold your tongue TPR haters, but they dude's been on like a million coasters his opinion is honest.

But most of all I'm glad to hear the restraints don't kill you like the wing coasters. Hopefully I'll pick a pass and get to ride soonish.

I never experienced how severe Gatekeeper's restraint pain was, but for me, Banshee pressed on my collar bones even still. It didn't continually get tighter and tighter, but my collar bones weren't happy by the end of the ride. Slight discomfort with the restraints. I'd rather the vests be more like Firehawk's.

...And what was up with the women from Ohio Tourism?? "What I want you to think about when you're on Bahshee, it's 2min45secs long....is 580 little babies are going to be born." Really? You come up with nothing else but strange ..'this is what happened in the world in the last _ minutes facts'. I'll make sure to think about all those babies when I ride for the first time.

Holy crap I thought the exact same thing! She gave all these weird, unrelated statistics and then never really made much of a point with them. I guess she was just saying that lots of things happen in 2 minutes and 45 seconds? Who knows! I just remember thinking to myself, "Ok, that was weird."

Honestly, her whole speech was a little strange. Much of it had nothing to do with Banshee. I was looking around when she got to the part about the 2:40 during the ride, and many of the people that were there were just as confused as I was lol.

• Like 2

Guess my first experience on Banshee was summed up in the interview (lol) http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/record-breaking-Banshee-roller-coaster-debuts-at-k/nfcT3/

"Chris Heim of Beavercreek, who came to the park with the Great Ohio Coaster Club, said he’s been on every thrill ride at amusement parks Cedar Point and Kings Island, Carowinds and Kings Dominion, but Banshee “tops them all.”"

Perhaps some 'artistic license' with what I said, but that's pretty close. Banshee does do a lot of twisting though, and from the rear half of the train, not knowing the track, it pushed me to my 'green' limit. I was definitely dizzy when I got off - but nothing like Firehawk's twist in the back!

Hope to see y'all there sometime this summer!

better than any attraction at Cedar Point or Kings Dominion is a bit of a reach.

^ It includes the brake run, as well. Per the released POV; the ride start through the top of the lift is about 40 seconds and the top of the lift through the beginning of the brake run is about 60 seconds; which means they account for approximately one minute of you being on the brake run. If you're on the brakes longer than that, they're either stacking or experiencing difficulties (technical or hurling).

I have had 25 rides now on Banshee. I still love front row middle two seats and row 8 right side.

The crew really has done an amazing job. They have had trains stack a few times, but I know several times have not been due to the crew hustling. Slow moving people, protein spills (so thankful I don't have to clean up and so happy I've not seen one up close!) line moves very quickly. The crew is really doing a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

So, I rode Banshee for the first time yesterday and it was pretty awesome! :D I especially love how fast it goes! I got four rides yesterday and each ride was different (which was a good thing!). First ride was on the right edge seat and was, as I put it on Twitter, "crazy awesome". The second ride was actually a bit better as my restraint seemed looser (I was in row 4 for the second ride, don't remember what row for the first one). The third ride was my first night ride on Banshee (I was in the 2nd row, same seat as first ride) and that was cool. The ride definitely felt faster and the lights were cool. The fourth ride was also in row 2, but on an inside seat, and that was great not just because of the fireworks, but because I always wanted to ride on an inside seat and finally got to (and the experience seemed different as a result)! Some other cool things about Banshee were that for the last 2 rides, I got to ride in the turquoise train (ride ops called it green), which I've wanted to ride in, and probably my favorite inversion is the barrel roll at the end. It reminded me of the time I went to Kings Dominion and rode Volcano. The barrel roll can be most felt by sitting on the outer seats. So, yes, Banshee is amazing and did indeed dethrone Invertigo as my favorite roller coaster at KI.

• Like 10

I rode Banshee for the first time yesterday. It is an awesome coaster that just never lets up! That drop is so much more steeper than it looks. The dive loop and loop are smooth and graceful with a tiny hint of snap on them. The Zero-G Roll is just awesome. The Batwing is graceful and goes so fast down their and the blood was rushing to my feet. The loop was just fast and insane. The turn I actually had a little bit of tunnel vision on. The inline roll is just awesome with that Falling out feeling with airtime. The helix was intense and I also had tunnel vision their. Then the brake run came and I was like this is an amazing ride. If I were to rate this out of ten I would rate it 9.7/10!

• Like 9

Youngstud wouldn't say anything, because his foot would be stuck too far down his throat.

After finally getting the coveted night ride experience, I honestly find it as enjoyable as Maverick, but for different reasons.

Well, that wasn't nice........

I have wondered when the Banshee "experience" would run out, in theme and etc. But, I believe that it, the flame, will probably be back soon hopefully with how much they invested into it.

• Like 1