Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

My post was deleted (I guess) because I criticized the response to the incident. Hey, it's your forum and you can do what you want. I was glad to be able to find out what happened before some of the eyewitness accounts were removed. I found it here first before any news outlet or YouTube video told me what happened, just an hour or so after leaving the park. That was pretty cool. At least I know it wasn't a big deal and it should be safe to ride.

• Like 3

As I just explained in a PM, there wasn't a problem with people posting their first hand accounts here. It was information on what other people where yelling in order to incite panic in the crowd. People see those "keywords" and blow up the parks phone lines and local media asking about those "keywords" happening as if they really did. So what was just a simple Banshee had some downtime, had a simple repair done to it, and opened back up later that day became a much bigger deal than what it really was.

• Like 18

Finally made it all the way through this topic. I've ridden it 4 times, 3 on Media Day and once on opening day. The three Media Day rides were all on the blue train in seat 4-3, and the opening day ride was on the blue train in seat 4-4.

My first ride was before the sun came up, and I was completely disoriented; I loved it. Ride 2 was awesome, and Mrs. Gator & GatorGirl finally made it to the park in time to join me for their first ride, which was my third. GatorGirl rated it her new favorite ride, which had been Gatekeeper before that.

Ride #4 was excellent. Even though it was only one seat over from where I had ridden before, it was a completely different experience being on the end of the row.

Even though I'm currently confined to riding only row 4, Banshee is my new favorite steel in the park, rating #2 in my overall steel rankings (behind Kingda Ka... I really, really, really love speed!). I love how it just never lets up, and the last inversion is my favorite, with the way it just takes its time flipping you over. I had to think about it for a little while about how it compared to Montu, with its themeing making a huge impression along the ride's course, and Dueling Dragons, which I only rode back when they actually dueled and provided some great near-miss moments. But it didn't take long to rate Banshee above those.

• Like 5

Although "ride-count" isn't the most important thing to do, I still think it's pretty fun to keep track of how many rides you have gotten on each coaster.

I keep ride counts for one reason and one reason only...

Any excuse to make a fancy spreadsheet is A-OK in my book!

• Like 6

Although "ride-count" isn't the most important thing to do, I still think it's pretty fun to keep track of how many rides you have gotten on each coaster.

I keep ride counts for one reason and one reason only...

Any excuse to make a fancy spreadsheet is A-OK in my book!

You and me both! I have Excel spreadsheets for my coaster credits, GatorGirl's coaster credits, my ride totals for every KI ride from 2008 - present, and my ride totals from all other parks from 2012 - present.

My next ride on Diamondback will be my 150th, and I'd like that to be the same time as GatorGirl's first ride on it, since she finally hit 54" (as long as Mrs. Gator is willing to let her ride it, which right now she isn't).

• Like 3

That's what I say, but Mrs. Gator doesn't feel the same way. With those restraints, she doesn't feel comfortable with GatorGirl riding DB yet since she's so skinny, but the new seatbelts may help the cause of getting her on. Mrs. Gator was the same way with The Beast when GatorGirl hit 48", she felt it was too rough for her to ride but she relented fairly early in the season (May 25th of the 2012 season, to be exact).

• Like 1