Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

Whether you have 10 rides or 1000 rides, the most important thing is that you are having fun. For me counting my rides just adds to the fun.

Some of us have many six rides.

Terp, who just HAD to (and who enjoys riding in the night row). Yes, some say that's bizarro.

Bizarro is a Trademarked name, therefore, should be accounted of as such, and be capitalized under that Trademark.

BB1, who just HAD to. :)

I would like to mention that it looks 100% better at night, than at day.

• Like 4

Seems as though during ERT she is more busy than after ERT.

And how.

Then again, are you going to spend all day riding Banshee? The real benefit of ERT is that you can get in a ride or two and enjoy the park for the rest of the day. Even if the line is longer, you waited in it, rode, and rode again before the rest of the public even got in the front gate!

• Like 3

I just rode Banshee for the first time tonight. It was very cool and very disorienting. I loved the gravestones under the ride and the foot chopper effects. Still like Diamondback better for the massive amounts of airtime - Banshee seemed to have a lot of positive G's, especially when it arcs up and around near the end. It was a very intense ride, but for the last ride of the night I still prefer Beast.

• Like 1

I finally got a chance to ride Banshee today. I rode it twice, once in row 2 and once in row 4. These are merely my initial reactions, and are not set in stone by any means.

In terms of the atmosphere and what-not, Kings Island did up the place very well. They hit that portion of the ride out of the park. The gravestones, they colors, the signs, the station, everything. It all looks phenomenal, and I never even got a chance to see it at night! I am looking forward to that intently! The whole Action Zone area looks refreshed, and it works very well.

In terms of the ride itself, it was a solid ride. It is relentless, in terms of the fact that it continues to build throughout the ride and doesn't stop. It is smooth and has incredible transitions. There is not a bad part of this ride.

That being said, I didn't think it was phenomenal. Although it has many solid things working for it, it didn't completely blow me away. Banshee, to me so far, is very good, but not great. It is similar to how I feel about Gatekeeper up at Cedar Point- Banshee is perfect for the park, as it fits the current lineup of rides. Although it may not be the "best" it is exactly what the park needs. I don't think it dethrones Diamondback as my favorite at the park, but it comes in at a close second. I need to ride it more times, including at night, and in different rows to give a fair evaluation though!

Overall, I give the ride a 7.5/10 and the new atmosphere a 9/10! Kings Island has a good one on their hands!

• Like 3

Finally got to the Island for the first time this season and got to see firsthand and experience this mammoth machine. It took me by surprise big time, I was not expecting it to take off down the first drop that fast and with such force. Got a ride in the middle of the train, can't quite remember what row, and another in the back row, left outside seat. The forces are amazing on this ride and it literally left me out of breath at the end as it never lets up. Overall my favorite element on the ride would have to be the zero-g roll and the dive afterwards, amazing. Kings Island thank you so much, you all really have a winner on your hands here.

• Like 4

Got my chance to ride it last Friday (loved it) and with no lines, I found myself riding it over and over again. Easily my favorite ride in the park.

I think the crew made it a little more exiting too, they were pumping and working hard from when I first saw them during ERT, to hours later when the park was going into the closing hours. While stacking does occur, I found it was not an effect of them being slow but other causes which for me is totally acceptable.

HOWEVER, (Here it comes you guys)

I feel I need to speak out on one negative thing I found out while in line for the ride. It was coming to my last ride before leaving the park and I noticed something that the Banshee station was missing that all other rides had, water for the crew. You have seen them before, the big orange barrels. As a former ride op I remember these things as gold and being the only thing that had me make it through the long hot days. So I had to ask one of the workers (in this case the separator), about it and his answer completely bamboozled me. The managers believe having those barrels would look to "Tacky" in the station and their greeter so they opted out of having it (and with it water for the crew). I am sorry but this is completely outrageous, to not allow water because they are more concerned with the look of the ride than the crew that runs it! This is a very hard working crew and when it comes time about a month from now when the humidity comes, I don't see how anyone will be able to work more than an hour without H2O.

End rant, my only negative thing. Please KI, reconsider this before someone passes out!

Edit, apparently they don't have water at their greeter position, not the station.

• Like 3

I made my first trip to the park in 2 years on Friday. I got there about 1030, in the morning, and there was no line for Banshee! Have to love it when the kids are still in school! I rode it 5 times and it is one awesome ride! I rode in the front row twice, smack dab in the middle once, and the rear row twice.

Also... I went to get my pass processed and was given a paper temporary gold pass because they have ran out of gold passes. I was told to try in the beginning of June for a card! Has this happened to other members on this site? (Had to narrow the scope of the question so I would not get "Terped.")

Sounds like they underestimated the demand for Banshee, if they ran out of Gold Passes.

And not having water for the crew in the Banshee station is downright stupid. When a ride op passes out with a heat illness and has to be taken to the hospital, I hope they sue the pants off of Kings Island, because that's downright stupid to deny them water. If they're that concerned about looks, then find a creative way to conceal it, or even just put it inside the drive box where it's out of guests' sight.

And not having water for the crew in the Banshee station is downright stupid. When a ride op passes out with a heat illness and has to be taken to the hospital, I hope they sue the pants off of Kings Island, because that's downright stupid to deny them water. If they're that concerned about looks, then find a creative way to conceal it, or even just put it inside the drive box where it's out of guests' sight.

Water is available to crew in Banshee station. Who told you otherwise?

Sounds like they underestimated the demand for Banshee, if they ran out of Gold Passes.

Water is available for the crew.

• Like 2