Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

I visited for the first time this season on Sunday. I think the entire Action Zone looks awesome this year. The ride was thrilling, and it really just looks awesome. I was very impressed with the dispatch times for the most part. I think that the crew is still attempting to find their way with the ride, which is totally acceptable and understandable. I feel like without having a mid-course brake, knowing when to send a ride could be more challenging. I was wondering, if anyone knew, can they dispatch a ride to the hill with a train still running the course? And can the hill slow itself until it knows the track is clear? Just a question- I feel like it could, because waiting for the train to clear the course before dispatching causes stacking.

One thing that I found myself really annoyed with was the handling of the fast pass lane. The employees were directing the fast pass lane to the back two rows every single time. I'm sure I am not the only one who would say you should experience the ride in different rows. I rode the ride ten times, and all but one I was forced to sit in the back row. That being said, I did really enjoy the ride- it was a wonderful addition.

There was an incident on Sunday where apparently someone took their seat belt off, or something along those lines. The ride was stopped on the lift for about twenty minutes, and after some down time the ride cycled empty for several runs. It reopened shortly after, but having to tell the GP that your new roller coaster is down isn't too ideal. I noticed that after the park closed, even into about 8:45, they continued to cycle the ride empty. I'm sure it was nothing, but interesting to see nonetheless. I can't wait to go back.

The lift on Banshee does slow down if the further block isn't cleared; same thing that The Bat and The Beast regularly do.

• Like 3

Well, it finally happened... a Walk of Shame on Banshee.

I got to the park at about 11:00 this past Friday night to get some riding in. After talking to some friends for about 15 minutes, I went over to The Bat and got a ride in there. I then got in line for Banshee and the line wasn't too long. I had only ridden the blue train on my four previous rides on Media Day and opening day, and this time I got teal. I took my seat in 4-3, the ride op pushed down a little bit on my restraint and then started to give me a spiel that you can tell he had recited a thousand times, something to the effect of "This ride is designed so that you must have the seatbelt latched in order to ride. Since I'm not able to get your seatbelt latched..." I cut him off by saying, "Yeah I know..." but in my head thought "Save your breath and don't give me that pre-recorded speech."

I exited and decided right then and there that I was going to go home. I felt defeated, but I ended up staying until close to talk with friends. I had been planning on going Sunday (yesterday), but after the walk of shame I thought, "What's the point?" I ended up staying home yesterday and I'm still kind of currently in the mindset of why should I go if I don't fit on my new favorite steel coaster? Time to buckle down and get to work on losing more than the 20 lbs. I've already lost since December. I'm not sure when I'll be in the mood to go back to the park. I might be going with the Gatorettes sometime this weekend, but it may be a while before I'm in the right frame of mind to take a solo trip or meet up with friends there.

• Like 6

Thats never fun. Use it a motivation to keep working hard at being healthier. I myself am worried about my Cedar Point trip but I've been working hard for the last three months and plan on continuing. I'll be very sad if I can't ride something there.

• Like 3

I got to ride Banshee today. I was in the second row, right side. I went to the back of the park when I got there at 10, and sort of worked my way back, so I hit it around 1. I expected the line to be fairly long by then, and was looking forward to having a Banshee twist cone while I waited. Fortunately I asked the employee at the front of the line how long the wait was before I went to get my cone because he said only 5-10 minutes! It may have been slightly longer in actuality, but only because someone puked on the ride and it was causing some kerfluffle.

It turned out that the second row was the one whoever puked in, and it was initially looking like they were going to put us on that train after doing some more cleaning. They had already run it empty at least once. They made the decision to run it empty again, and we didn't get stuck there so it was cool.

I did enjoy the ride, but my primary impression is that I've never been so disoriented by a coaster when riding that close to the front (so you can kind of see where you're going). I think I want to try it again from the back car to see if I like that better. I hate the restraints, it felt like they were trying to make me an inch shorter by compressing my spine. I love the theming, though, the graveyard to the hanging lights in the station.

My Banshee twist was a bit of a disappointment tho, once I got it. It had one tiny stripe of blue, in a sea of vanilla. It tasted good but I wanted my smurf ice cream, too. I should have just got an all blue one when I was in the kids' area earlier.

I love Banshee and i have full faith in it, but judging by the new pictures and videos released by Universal Orlando, Harry Potter and The Escape From Gringotts will probably take the title of Best New Ride for 2014.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1448808#p1448808

I don't mean to step on some toes, but I'm just being honest and fair. I think Banshee is fantastic none-the-less and I'm glad it calls Kings Island home!

• Like 1

I love Banshee and i have full faith in it, but judging by the new pictures and videos released by Universal Orlando, Harry Potter and The Escape From Gringotts will probably take the title of Best New Ride for 2014.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1448808#p1448808

I don't mean to step on some toes, but I'm just being honest and fair. I think Banshee is fantastic none-the-less and I'm glad it calls Kings Island home!

Sounds awesome, but will that even be open in 2014?

Great ride, loved the second half. Pretty surprising! The first drop is fun with a nice kick in the back seat, the first immelman is very floaty, and so is the first loop. Zero G is classic zero go. Not snappy, though. The rest of the ride is killer, though I'm not crazy about 3 immlemans. The speed really kicks in and makes them fun though! Very forceful, but not over powering. I rode it 5 times! The area is very nice, and colorful.

BUT! I don't like the restraints. Not a fan. My shoulders/ collar bone was worn out after 5 rides. Not awful like the wing coasters, but still on the fringe of uncomfortable. I must be the odd man out since everyone else loves the restraints. I like the old trains, I think they're very comfortable! And what's up with the rattle? Really? It's breaking in still? Not really buying that excuse, but I'll be ecstatic if I return in a month to not feel a rattle. Whyyyy oh why? It's brand new. C'mon B&M/Kings Island.

Again, love the ride, it's ALMOST perfect! It looks great, sounds great, and is among the best of the best.

• Like 2

I rode Banshee for the first time yesterday and was pleased by the ride, but IMO it is nothing spectacular. I definitely wouldn't have waited in a 5 hr long line to ride it. I got there for the ERT and rode it 2 times in about 10 minutes. I also returned during the afternoon hours and rode it two more times with about the same wait. Diamondback is still my favorite ride at Kings Island.

• Like 2

We rode Banshee 4 times in a row today and me and my wife love it. My only complaint is the fact that we had rode many other rides throughout the day, my wife always brings a small purse that she wears over her shoulder, and we took it on every other ride but we had to shell out 2 dollars to ride Banshee. Will they add some bins later after all the hype or will this be normal to have to pay to ride basically?