Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

No, far from spoiled, thanks. I said it was only in row 4 and 6, and in one train. I wont even talk about Diamondslack, that thing looks and rides like its 20 years old already.

tjwood.... there is no possible way bins will be added, for a number of reasons, only one of which is the financial gain of the lockers.

• Like 2

It's a very small purse, smaller than a fanny pack even. We carry my wallet, smart key with a house key and both gold passes and our id's. Is any type of carry pouches permitted?

I have seen at least one report that even fanny packs were not allowed on Banshee; however, I cannot confirm whether or not that is true. Cargo shorts/pants are the best option.

• Like 1

Women's pockets, even in "cargo" shorts don't carry much. I may have to sew something to wear this summer, with an actually large zippered pocket. I discovered my phone in a hard case will fit in the back buttoned pocket of my favorite cargo shorts, but riding with my butt on my phone is hardly ideal even with the protective case.

I would also be interested to know if people are being given trouble about fanny packs on any of the rides, because I was considering buying or sewing one. I ordered a phubby (phubby.com) but I haven't received it yet to see how well it is going to work for me.

I wore a fanny pack for several years, up until last fall. The only ride at KI that I was ever required to take it off on was Xtreme Skyflyer. Firehawk required me to turn it to the side. Otherwise I encountered no problems with it. However, I have not worn it since last August.

People have become spoiled to be concerned with a tiny bit of rattle on rides like Banshee and Diamondback. Even with rattle they are smooth compared to everything else.

Yes, but we were spoiled by all of B&M's previous rides up until recently when obviously something has changed to cause a noticeable dent in their proven track record (pun intended) of silky smooth coasters. Come on, it's a brand new coaster. It should be smooth as glass in all seats.

I am still a huge fan of it, and Diamondback, but it is an annoyance and takes something away from the experience.

• Like 1

Ok...so I rode Banshee, for the first time, 4 times today and it was AMAZING!!! There is not one dull moment throughout the ride and the Banshee scream at the top of the lift is an AMAZING choice! The only thing is.... it seems bumpier on the outside of the train. I thought it might have just been train 2 but train 3 was bumpy on the outside too. I rode front middle and back and out of all of them I prefer front middle. IDK if it is just working out some kinks but I had to take a moment and crack my neck a few times after.

It's a very small purse, smaller than a fanny pack even. We carry my wallet, smart key with a house key and both gold passes and our id's. Is any type of carry pouches permitted?

I have seen at least one report that even fanny packs were not allowed on Banshee; however, I cannot confirm whether or not that is true. Cargo shorts/pants are the best option.

If it can not fit securely in a pocket, it can not go in line with you. Bags of ANY kind may not be worn on the ride. NOTHING but flip flops can be left in the station, and they take them from you so you do not have to cross the trains.

CAPACITY. Plain and simple.

• Like 2

Unless you wear a pocket belt like I have. They tried to give my grief a couple of times. I told him I can take it off, but then I would be breaking park rules of indecent exposure. Mine is more like a money belt. If it comes off, then I would have more serious problems. Lol

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

They take your flip flops from you? I must try this hehe. I picture a ride op just coming up and snatching them off of my feet

Rode Banshee a multitude of times Tuesday, park was dead dead dead, especially after 1700. We rode 23-24, 43-44, and 83-84 most of the time. Purple train for row 4 seemed to vibrate a bit now, I don't remember if it was the train others had noticed or not I can't remember. Second row and last row obviously a great and fantastic ride hands down (or up)

Only problem I had was the security guard at Banshee's entrance couldn't do his job worth a darn. The line was cut off when Banshee 2-9'd and they put a trash can over the entrance as per standard protocol for KI. Then like 8 people skidded past the can, we brought it up, nothing happened..Just..pathetic honestly

Rides were great, and being literally just a walk on, no complaints there. Well, one more small gripe. Lindz was putting her glasses in her pocket when the ride op we had (some bigger kid with a stache) asked her to remove her hands from under her restraint, she said one second, after she removed them he just completely stapled her. We talked about it and I was like, well I'm comfy laughing. He apparently overheard us and said "the restraint must fully touch the body at all times during the ride to run." I really wanted to call out his **** poor excuse for stapling a guest but he had to put up a clear and dispatch us.

• Like 1

Not always..

I will let guests be comfortable as the restraint is where it needs to be and makes contact on necessary points.

However on hydraulic restraints such as this, when you legit force down and push down to cause a painful ride, that's a different story.

I rarely did that, usually not intentional, usually to get a restraint to fit. Only a few intentional for other employee friends as a joke or to the occasional stupid guest who downed my ride.

• Like 1

My first time riding Banshee I was 260. Row four was fine other rows were a tight fit. Wicked Twister for me was really tight three years ago I'm not sure if id still fit it I know I don't fit Drop Tower, well I might now that I have lost some weight.