Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

Finally rode 1-1 yesterday, as well as 8-1 for the umpteenth time, and, 8-4 again.

1-1 takes the cake for me. Two completely different experiences from the front to the back, but the front row is where it is at for me, with 8-1 a close second.

• Like 5

Banshee has really been growing on me. I overheard a man at the park yesterday talking to his kid about why he didn't like Banshee (not having a standard drop hill, not being able to tell where you're heading), and it boiled down to "it's not the kind of coaster I'm used to/ expected." I realized that had a lot to do with my initial unenthusiastic response to the ride: it wasn't what I expected. Having ridden a handful more times, I'm really coming to appreciate what it actually is as opposed to how well it matched my expectations.

• Like 4

I had high expectations and it surpassed them. Im 18 rides in now. I know it's not as many as a lot on here but my 18th ride was as good if not better than the first. It felt like it was faster on Wednesday.

• Like 4

I think you generally have to actually ask for row 1. I got in it once by accident because I was a single rider and they had 3 waiting for it, but most of the time there are at least a couple groups waiting for it. I assume that is because those groups specifically asked.

I did enjoy row 1 quite a bit.

• Like 3

One thing that has been a bit annoying-sometimes it is like pulling teeth to get into the ride entrance because of people blocking the entrance for various reasons most commonly discussing with the ride attendant what they can and cannot take into the queue. I had to yell out several times for the ride attendants to please let us pass. I don't mean to demean the attendants in any way as they have been doing an excellant job doing a very difficult job, ie working a brand new ride.

• Like 2

I think you generally have to actually ask for row 1. I got in it once by accident because I was a single rider and they had 3 waiting for it, but most of the time there are at least a couple groups waiting for it. I assume that is because those groups specifically asked.

I ask every time and they tell me no. That they have to fill rows and then send me to a different row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ask every time and they tell me no. That they have to fill rows and then send me to a different row.

I didn't ask to ride row 1 and they still let me ride there.

• Like 1

I guess like a lot of things it depends on who is operating.

I shouldn't have to tell the ride op of WindSeeker that when there are a grand total of six people riding, she doesn't need to pair up single riders. The first time it happened I didn't know it until the most irritating boy of all time jumped in the seat next to me (my ride was pretty much ruined by him shouting and trying to spit at his friends in the seats in front of us). The second time I just chose another seat rather than sit beside a frankly creepy looking dude. I am ordinarily loathe to ignore ride op instructions. I understand having to sit next to people I don't necessarily want to sometimes, since I'm at the park alone. But it's just silly when 9/10 of a ride is empty to "make sure there are no empty seats."

I sure hope they weigh the butts in the seat on the opposite side of the structure then. We wouldn't want it to be thrown off. Geez, imagine if I hadn't chosen to ride at, having his butt in one seat on one side, and two on the opposite, without my extra weight shifted to the next seat in front to help balance things out. It may have been permanently broken. For that matter, I think there were four people on the other lane and only two on ours, so I'm not sure how any of us survived.

No wonder it is down so much if the time. I had no idea it was so important. All the other times I've ridden where the ride ops didn't balance it out perfectly by numbers must be the cause.

Rides must be balanced at all times. This is done to prevent extra stress in the rides, also it may cause an issue with the ride. See Power Tower for a great example. If you place riders on the North of the tower only on shot sides the proxies aren't hit up top because it's not balanced, the ride sets up and e stops high. Takes about ten minutes to get down. WindSeeker being a much more dramatic prototype I'm sure suffers even more balancing issues considering.

Balancing is important. Ride ops are following protocols for reasons when they tell you to do something do it. There's always a reason regarding our instructions. We don't tell you to do something just to do it. There's purpose in our decisions and requests

• Like 3

I finally got to ride it yesterday morning during ERT. The crew was REALLY working hard and moving fast. I sat in 1-4. I'll echo what many others have said; it's intense from start to finish and just doesn't let up at any point. You get no time to recover from one element to the next. Also, I didn't feel like the restraints were uncomfortable in the slightest.

• Like 2

Sunday was my first ride on Banshee. Asked for front row and the guy said no then stopped us and said yes. Wow what a great ride started with a great drop then got better. The drop into the valley then the batwing was awesome and the flat spin I felt like I was falling out.

• Like 3

Yeah the in-line twist at the end is incredible. Really all of it is. It's very disorienting.

I still think DB is my favorite, mainly because I'm a sucker for speed, and especially floaty air-time, which the DB has in spades. But that doesn't take anything away from Banshee, which is a superb coaster.

• Like 3

I think that the restraints are breaking in, and that's a good thing. The first time I rode a couple weeks ago, it felt like they were trying to compress my spine, they were shoving my shoulders down so much. I noticed today that they flex a lot more easily, and are much more comfortable for it.

I rode four times today (3 of those in fifteen minutes of ERT), and my only complaint was the time I didn't get to ride because it was shut down for incoming storms. I decided to ride Delirium first, and when I was walking over to Banshee, the line was leaving in droves. Moments after was when they came over the loudspeakers with the announcement about the storm.

• Like 3

Just had to say much improvement on making sure people stand to the side so as not to block the entrance.( ie answering questions about storage, measuring kids, etc.) Also noticed remarkable improvement in keeping trains as full as possible. ( Remember, a full train is a cool train.) Kudos to a wonderful, very friendly ride crew.

• Like 3

I had my ride on it. It was a fun ride. But I dunno. I feel as though I'm becoming boring. I would rather watch younger people enjoy these things than do them myself. And I'm not even that old. Here is an interesting tale to go with that. When I was 12, my sister worked rides and convinced me to ride The Beast for the 1st time. It was an addiction from then on. Well, I've ridden it many times in many conditions with many people since that 1st ride. Then, 2 years ago, I had a rare opportunity to visit the park with my sister again. This time, with her 2 children and my mother. This time around I was 33 and she was 39. She asked if I wanted to ride The Beast with her. So we did and I will be honest, it hurt like I had never known it to hurt. But I loved every moment. After all, I'm pretty sure its 60% my body anyways. I decided right then that it was my last ride ever on "The Beast". But what better way to retire my body from it than by riding it with my sister?!! Just like that 1st ride. Many great memories. MANY! Oh look! Banshee just gave me a new 1st ride! Zero chance of me riding this as many times as I have The Beast. But I will probably pay more attention to every ride.

• Like 1

Rode for the first time yesterday. I was only able to get two rides in on 1-1 & 8-1. Front is a definitely a better ride. The inline twist is the best inversion IMO, I felt like I was going to fall on the track. The 0 g-roll & the drop are sick. I feel it was more forceful than GK, but less Raptor.

• Like 1

Just got home from KI and did my fair share of rides. However, my friend noticed something on my shoulder after we got off Banshee.

ba2yrejy.jpg

That's a line of broken blood vessels. I must've ridden Banshee at least twenty times already this season, and I'm confused as to why it hasn't happened before. Anyhoo, all of my rides on Banshee today were pretty uncomfortable. It's safe to say I'm not a huge fan of the new B&M restraints.

Just got home from KI and did my fair share of rides. However, my friend noticed something on my shoulder after we got off Banshee.

That's a line of broken blood vessels. I must've ridden Banshee at least twenty times already this season, and I'm confused as to why it hasn't happened before. Anyhoo, all of my rides on Banshee today were pretty uncomfortable. It's safe to say I'm not a huge fan of the new B&M restraints.

I had this happen to me last week on Gatekeeper. I haven't experienced it on Banshee yet.