Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

All I have to say is wow..... I had about an hour to kill so I went to the park. Banshee was a walk on. I barely got the belt clipped but that ride.... So smooth, fast, not a head banger. I could have ridden in a few more times but all I can say is wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I finally got to ride Banshee today for the first time, and all I can say is, what an amazing ride! Got five rides in (would've had more, but thanks to the awful headache I got from Vortex, I couldn't stand to ride much of anything else by that point) including one in the front seat. Honestly, Banshee is probably the only coaster I'd ever wait for the front seat for at KI - it was completely worth it. The inversion that takes you down into the valley is just incredible...and the last one towards the end of the ride (I'm not great at identifying specific elements) is great, too. We rode it 4 times in a row and I found myself smiling through each one. Also, the crew was great today, very quick and personable. Now I just have to squeeze in a night ride.

• Like 3

Just got home from KI and did my fair share of rides. However, my friend noticed something on my shoulder after we got off Banshee.

ba2yrejy.jpg

That's a line of broken blood vessels. I must've ridden Banshee at least twenty times already this season, and I'm confused as to why it hasn't happened before. Anyhoo, all of my rides on Banshee today were pretty uncomfortable. It's safe to say I'm not a huge fan of the new B&M restraints.

I've actually had that happen to me on Vortex after just one ride. I guess it's just a matter of wrong time, wrong place sometimes. I hope it heals quickly.

I've felt a little tightness right after the restraint locked but I've also noticed that if I lean forward, it pulls the vest out and sometimes results in a better lay. When I rode GK back in September, I noticed the opposite - it was tighter while the ride was waiting in the brakes. This was, of course, after the problem was "fixed."

It seems like the restraints are a love 'em or hate 'em situation. For me, I like them a lot. Of course, they may have had someone my size in mind while designing them (6'1, 220lb, and handsome) so my experience my differ greatly from a 5'4 girl's.

• Like 1

Also, personal opinion, Incredible Hulk at IOA still beats Banshee. Just thought I would throw that in there.

Don't you mean Hulk SMASHes Banshee? (I don't share that opinion, but had to get Hulk's favorite word in there!)

Row 4 is by far my least favorite.

Row 4 is definitely my favorite, but by default since that's the only row I can ride in! :lol:

• Like 3

I need to try row 4 next time. Row 5 fit just about right but needed the ride op to buckle it for me....

That best part of Hulk, IMO is the launch. The rest is just a ride.... Not sure which part of Banshee I enjoy the most yet

• Like 1

Hulk is a great coaster, but agree it is mostly for the first half. I enjoy the large inversions over the lake as well. The second half is kind of meh.

Banshee is better than it in my opinion since it keeps up the excitement and intensity throughout it and never lets up.

• Like 2

Also, personal opinion, Incredible Hulk at IOA still beats Banshee. Just thought I would throw that in there.

Don't you mean Hulk SMASHes Banshee? (I don't share that opinion, but had to get Hulk's favorite word in there!)

Row 4 is by far my least favorite.

Row 4 is definitely my favorite, but by default since that's the only row I can ride in! :lol:

From my experiences, the closer you get to the center of the train the more forceful the ride is (just my opinion). I enjoy rides in Rows 1 and 2, and 7 and 8.

To quote Coney Island of Ohio's famous maxim:

You don't quit playing because you grow old, you grow old because you quit playing.

Terp, who hopes to be riding Beast when he's too old to care how old he is.

I've told my wife, I will probably die on a coaster. I see myself 70 years old and still riding.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 7

I need to try row 4 next time. Row 5 fit just about right but needed the ride op to buckle it for me....

That best part of Hulk, IMO is the launch. The rest is just a ride.... Not sure which part of Banshee I enjoy the most yet.

So your favorite part of Hulk is the one B&M had nothing to do with!

• Like 1

Well as I have previously said, I am more novice than pro when it comes to identifying coaster manufacturers..... But yes that is 100% true :). Could be that my favorite ride is Top Thrill and that's just because of the acceleration.

The rest of Hulk, for me, was similar to many other coasters and I didn't think it offered me a unique experience while at iOA. Compared to the Music coaster at Universal, which did offer a unique ride experience of going through building, the 90 fear inducing lift, and the music.

• Like 2

I go where they put me. As a single rider, I don't think I'll ever get to see the right side of the train. I've ridden far left seat every one of the dozen or so times I've been on it.

I like the front row for the first drop, but other than that I've enjoyed pretty much every row I've been in. Back row is pretty thrilling.

• Like 1

Row 8 right hand seat is the best on the entire coaster.

Not sure why people like the front so much. The front of inverted coasters are so boring. The last row on B&M inverted coasters is where it is at.

That's my favorite seat as well. Although the left side...Row 8 is creeping up! I think the drop is killer on the left side...but favor the right the rest of the ride...

I go where they put me. As a single rider, I don't think I'll ever get to see the right side of the train. I've ridden far left seat every one of the dozen or so times I've been on it.

I like the front row for the first drop, but other than that I've enjoyed pretty much every row I've been in. Back row is pretty thrilling.

I'd say 40 of my 60 rides have been 'single rider' and I constantly get the far right seat. I actually have a harder time getting the left side.

Finally got to ride the right side of the train this morning and I totally get it. Even got right side in row 8. Loved it!

My only issue with the back is that the final inversion (that I call the "giggle roll") is taken so fast that it seems like an ordinary coaster element. Towards the front, it seems to take forever to roll over, and feels really weird, in a good way. Reminds me of Flight Commander.

• Like 3

I rode Banshee seven times in a row during Coasting for Kids yesterday, and that's the most I've ever ridden Banshee in one amount of time. With each ride, my head hurt more and more. I don't think I can handle Banshee more than once or twice per visit, which is weird because I can ride any other coaster 100 times in a row without batting an eyelash.

• Like 1