Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

My close friend just rode both Montu and Banshee for the first time this week. He just got off Banshee and sent me the text.

"Banshee > Montu"

I agree with him but it had been about ten years since I've ridden Montu.

• Like 4

Finally got to ride Banshee on Friday, 6/20/14. Wow! Intense ride. Disorienting too.

First ride was around 11:30 am and in 4-1 on blue train. Felt some jackhammering, which I didn't expect. Also, I ended the ride so disoriented; it was a little too much for me. Maybe it was because it was the first coaster I rode for the day? At this point I didn't think there was any way I would re-ride Banshee ever.

Second ride was around 9:20 pm and in 7-1 on purple train. Much better ride than the first. Felt faster, smoother, and re-rideable at this point. After this ride, I wanted to go right back in line to re-ride, but the kids didn't.

I was thinking purple train was giving everyone the rougher ride compared to blue or green. Not the case with me; at least on this day.

Can't really pinpoint which part of the ride is my favorite; it's all equally good. I can't believe how fast the first drop is. It's almost like there's a launch at the top of the lift hill that propels the trains going down the hill. Anyway, Banshee is definitely one of those rides that I must hit on every visit now. Well done Kings Island.

• Like 6

Welcome to KIC! Do you like The Beast as well? It's an amazing coaster, probably the best in the park.

The Beast at night is like no other coaster. Ever. I love it, too!

Hell, I'm just a coaster fanatic. My friends kind of make fun of me because I get so excited and cheese my way through them. LOL

• Like 4

My Banshee experience (first) was on 4/17/14 (Media Day). My brother and I arrived around 4 am and got checked in by 5 am. My first ride was in the front seat, and it was amazing, yet very, very cold. I rode it 3 other times and then rode it 13 times later that night at the Scream For A Kid Again event. We also rode The Bat 10 times and Delirium 4 times.

• Like 2

I mujst say in all the times I've ridden Banshee so far this season, I usually make it a point to sit in the 2 outside seats. I'm not a fan of the 2 inside seats as I don't think the ride is as intense. Thus far I've only sat in the inside seats once or twice. And, yes, to paraphrase Terp, the front is the best!

• Like 3

Am I the only one who grays out during the positive G parts of Banshee? I haven't noticed it on any other ride, but I definitely get sparkles in my vision at parts of Banshee. The last turn before the giggle roll (final inversion) is the worst culprit. I had to stop marathoning it today (taking advantage of the 5-minute wait around noon) because it got so bad.

I don't really notice it happening in the mornings. I think it must be a combo of my naturally low bold pressure and slight dehydration. Just wondering if it happens to anyone else.

Am I the only one who grays out during the positive G parts of Banshee? I haven't noticed it on any other ride, but I definitely get sparkles in my vision at parts of Banshee. The last turn before the giggle roll (final inversion) is the worst culprit. I had to stop marathoning it today (taking advantage of the 5-minute wait around noon) because it got so bad.

I don't really notice it happening in the mornings. I think it must be a combo of my naturally low bold pressure and slight dehydration. Just wondering if it happens to anyone else.

I grey out way more on Vortex, but Banshee is definitely intense.

• 3 weeks later...

Rode it five times in a row last night before heading home. It was walk on at that point and I couldnt help myself. I felt really disoriented after the fifth time. Next trip I'll be sure to pace myself.

The giggle roll (I had no idea that's what it was called!) I think is my favorite part.

Rode it five times in a row last night before heading home. It was walk on at that point and I couldnt help myself. I felt really disoriented after the fifth time. Next trip I'll be sure to pace myself.

The giggle roll (I had no idea that's what it was called!) I think is my favorite part.

Are you referring to the Zero-G roll (the third inversion) or the in-line twist (the final inversion)?

• Like 3

Are you referring to the Zero-G roll (the third inversion) or the in-line twist (the final inversion)?

I meant to quote Magenta Lizard but failed. The in-line twist is what we are talking about. I need to learn all the technical names for this stuff and I need to pay more attention while riding. Lol

• Like 1

I meant to quote Magenta Lizard but failed. The in-line twist is what we are talking about. I need to learn all the technical names for this stuff and I need to pay more attention while riding. Lol

Knowing the specific names of all the elements will either impress all your friends, or make them think you're weird. With no in between. I speak from... experience

-homestar92, most of whose friends refer to any inversion as a "loop"

• Like 8

I finally got to ride Banshee this past Sunday. It was everything I had expected and more! I was thoroughly surprised by the sheer force for the entire duration of the ride. My brother, who takes enjoyment in bashing B&M, was equally impressed. Terp is definitely right when saying that the front row completely changes the experience! Needless to say, we rode it four more times. Enough said!

• Like 5

If you came out of the roll loaded with information you could call it the Google roll.

I prefer the Britannica Roll. It sounds much more refined and sophisticated. Truly a high class roll. Even fancier than a Kaiser Roll.
Wouldn't it be a Kaiser Roll if you came out of it with public relations knowledge, with an emphasis on crisis management concerning wooden roller coaster incidents?

If you came out of the roll with several geese, it would be a Gaggle Roll. (Or you would be Fabio several times over.)

• Like 4