Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

Rode Banshee for the first time today! All I can say is that it's definitely millions of dollars well spent! Can't wait to try the nighttime version sometime this season!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not sure what was up with ERT yesterday (4/26) but the line was backed up to Festhaus seemingly immediately after opening the gates. They had a temporary que line setup near the ice cream stand that was checking for lose items AND handing out height bracelets creating a total bottleneck of the area...sigh. Pretty much a waste of time since we didn't ride till later in the day when the wait was ~20 minutes. And even then, they was still using the temp que (stopping point) causing confusion and AZ congestion since the station was fairly empty and could have handled the crowd much more efficiently.

Just seemed odd how they handled the situation yesterday since that was the first time I seen it setup that way.

Posts about last night were removed, Banshee had some downtime and reopened later that evening. Idiots in the crowd yelled dumb things (as they typically do) that were completely untrue and their words blew things way out of proportion for those that can't think for themselves and/or lacking common sense.

This post isn't directed towards anyone's post here on KIC that was there first hand as you simply said what you heard.

(I am not employed nor contracted by Kings Island/Cedar Fair and do not speak on their behalf.)

• Like 9

Yeah so much for free speech, there was a loud noise and people ran around around scared. I didn't claim to know what it was, I was just letting people know about it. I didnt realize that KICentral was in the market of hiding things from the public. Meanwhile forty posts in a row about B&M vs Intamin or proper capitalization go without being deleted.

• Like 10

Let me say this I was up on the loading platform getting off Banshee and just spoken to a supervisor of said coster about my ride experence and thoughts. As we walked to the stairs there was a loud noise and in my opinion made a biit louder because it echoed off the station interior walls. I could see what the issue was and was not concerned but knew it was going to be a maintence issue. The ride opps in the station were directing oncoming riders and those still exiting to in fact exit with and in position to point to the exit. Everything I seen went very professional and I was not worried or overlly concerned the guests (myself included) followed the instructions and exited the station area relatively quite orderly fashion. I have seen wildly exagerated recounts from others which is a shame and wonder way the need to do that. Kings Island has a wonderful new ride in Banshee and doesn't need exagerated negative press when they are trying to promote their new ride. As one who has no connection to the park other than being a guest with a season pass and seeing this situation first hand this is honesttly a non story other than a maintience issue that needed addressed like all rides do over time.

• Like 14

Thank you Jesse. I was in the queue when the noise happened. I have been hearing a lot of negative feedback about the crowd from people who were not there but I was trying to express in my previous post that none of us knew what was going on-it sounded like an alarm system and for all we knew there could have been a shooter-at any rate we all feared the worst. I feel everyone in the crowd ( including myself) made a wise, cautious decision to evacuate just to make sure that there was no safety issues-everyone evacuated from my perspective in a very orderly fashion with a minimum of panic. It was a relief to find out that nothing serious happened. Let me say thought that it was a frightening experience for myself and everyone one else in the queue . To hear some of the nasty comments about the crowd's reaction just outrages me. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Like 8

NO problem at all. Most braking systems are cooled with air.

Threads/posts relating to last nights "incident" were most likely removed because they were full of misinformation/speculation. Don't take it personal dude. I even had a reply deleted, no big deal.

Air lines fail. I am sure this is not the first at Kings Island....nor will it be the last.

Edit-You guys are deleting stuff faster than I am replying, lol.

• Like 11