Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

I went Tuesday evening with the lady and it was a walk on for Banshee. With it being like this, I would have thought I could ask the ride op to sit in the front row.... nope! Made us sit in the middle of the train. Only 2 people were waiting for the front. I pointed this out to the ride op and was told, "I assigned you a spot and that's where you need to sit." I understand that there are signs posted that prefered seating is not guaranteed, but I thought that was ridiculous and so was the employee's attitude.

• Like 3

I went Tuesday evening with the lady and it was a walk on for Banshee. With it being like this, I would have thought I could ask the ride op to sit in the front row.... nope! Made us sit in the middle of the train. Only 2 people were waiting for the front. I pointed this out to the ride op and was told, "I assigned you a spot and that's where you need to sit." I understand that there are signs posted that prefered seating is not guaranteed, but I thought that was ridiculous and so was the employee's attitude.

That's pretty ridiculous. I was assigned a middle row and asked for the front and when the op said no, I pointed out that there were 7 people in line for the front (I was a single) and he happily obliged.

I understand that on coasters with 4 seats across you might have to assign seats rather than just pulse the line to avoid countless empty seats on a train, but at some point common sense needs to prevail.

• Like 4

Last night was walk-on as well. The op was allowing people to sit anywhere. Then when the first row was backing up he would tell people they could pick any row except the front. Seemed like a pretty good system. Since it was walk-on, if you didn't get front you could just exit after your ride and come back around to try again. There's no sense in sending out mostly empty trains only to have the front row line grow and clog up the station.

• Like 3

Last night was walk-on as well. The op was allowing people to sit anywhere. Then when the first row was backing up he would tell people they could pick any row except the front. Seemed like a pretty good system. Since it was walk-on, if you didn't get front you could just exit after your ride and come back around to try again. There's no sense in sending out mostly empty trains only to have the front row line grow and clog up the station.

I was not happy and neither was the lady. I can keep it under control for the most part, but if the lady would have went back up there after our ride, it would not have been pretty. Definitely was the better choice to ride and walk away. LOL! She is pretty darn scary when she is mad! Even some random guests said, "Wow! We can't believe how nasty she was to you!"

I couldn't imagine if I was a once a year guest or a KI newbie though. It would have left a permanent bad taste in my mouth about the park and would really consider never returning. I have never been treated like that by a ride op at any other park.

Also, personal opinion, Incredible Hulk at IOA still beats Banshee. Just thought I would throw that in there.

• Like 2

So...i've been wondering....is the Banshee scream as loud throughout the park now its in full force and still gets very annoying? I havent been this year, but am going on Saturday.

I couldn't really hear it outside of Action Zone.

But that reminds me of the only pet peeve I can think of with the ride, which is the timing of the Banshee scream. Eve wails as the train is still ascending, even if you're in row 1. I think the wail should happen as the rear of the train reaches the crest at the very earliest. JMO.

• Like 4

Also, personal opinion, Incredible Hulk at IOA still beats Banshee. Just thought I would throw that in there.

Does that mean Banshee's your 2nd favorite coaster anywhere? I like Hulk a lot too, but it's probably not in my top 5 (neither is Banshee FWIW, though I enjoy both greatly).

Does that mean Banshee's your 2nd favorite coaster anywhere? I like Hulk a lot too, but it's probably not in my top 5 (neither is Banshee FWIW, though I enjoy both greatly).

Banshee still doesn't beat Diamondback for my favorite ride at KI.... Incredible Hulk is my favorite, but I think I am biased since I used to live in Orlando and will be heading back to live there next year. I would say Banshee is a step in the right direction though. I like the attempt at theming but I think it would have been cool to walk through a dim lit building with Eve popping out and doing her scream every so often.

I think the wail should happen as the rear of the train reaches the crest at the very earliest.

The rear of the train is barely at lift crest, by then it's already picking up speed getting pulled down, so noone would hear it. Where it's at now allows those on the train to hear and enjoy it as well as guests down at the lift hill base.

• Like 2

What seat in your experience puts the least amount of pressure on your head? First drop, great. First loop, cool. Zero-G roll, no problem. The rest of the ride puts so much pressure on my head. Sometimes it depends on how tight the restraints are but typically the last 30 seconds of the ride make my head feel like it's gonna explode.

I still love Banshee, though. That first drop gets me EVERY time. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the wail should happen as the rear of the train reaches the crest at the very earliest.

The rear of the train is barely at lift crest, by then it's already picking up speed getting pulled down, so noone would hear it. Where it's at now allows those on the train to hear and enjoy it as well as guests down at the lift hill base.

Disagree. You'd still be able to hear it just fine if they timed it right as the train started to descend. As it is right now you hear the wail, then about 5 seconds later you finally start to pick up speed and free fall down the first drop.

It's a very very minor critique that I don't really care about much. It just seems a little "off" to me is all.

• Like 1

I got screwed on Banshee i sprained my hand so i was wearing a hand brace that wasn't metal, but Velcro and one thin piece of plastic. The first time i got in line they checked my hand and let me passed, i get up to the ride and pick the backseat and i Was able to ride. I come back later in the day after riding a couple other coasters and same deal the lady standing at the front of the line checked my brace and let me threw, i get up to the ride and ask for the front seat, as you all know getting the front seat on a busy day with assigned rows is a treat. I get in my seat and buckle up only to be stopped and told i couldn't ride because of my brace, i said okay and proceeded to take the brace off, and again was stopped and told i wasn't allowed to do that and was kicked off the ride.. This was utter BS because one i was allowed the first time and two now can you tell me i can't my own brace off? Three because i was allowed to wear the brace on every other coaster ..

I got screwed on Banshee i sprained my hand so i was wearing a hand brace that wasn't metal, but Velcro and one thin piece of plastic. The first time i got in line they checked my hand and let me passed, i get up to the ride and pick the backseat and i Was able to ride. I come back later in the day after riding a couple other coasters and same deal the lady standing at the front of the line checked my brace and let me threw, i get up to the ride and ask for the front seat, as you all know getting the front seat on a busy day with assigned rows is a treat. I get in my seat and buckle up only to be stopped and told i couldn't ride because of my brace, i said okay and proceeded to take the brace off, and again was stopped and told i wasn't allowed to do that and was kicked off the ride.. This was utter BS because one i was allowed the first time and two now can you tell me i can't my own brace off? Three because i was allowed to wear the brace on every other coaster ..

Too many times in the past, ride operators have avoided tackling such situations for fear of offending someone or causing a stir. In at least one situation, they've successfully avoided offending the rider, but cost him his life.

It's unfortunately common for such safety regulations to be spottily enforced. Obviously the worst case is where a rider who did not meet the safety requirements was allowed to ride and was consequently hurt. But certainly another big drawback to that sort of wavering enforcement is situations like this, where a guest feels confused or even embarrassed - how am I deemed safe to ride one time, then denied later on during the day? It's been the cause of lawsuits at Cedar Fair parks. (I wouldn't suggest you hire a lawyer.)

Understand that, truthfully, you shouldn't have been allowed to enter the queue the first time if your brace prevented "safe riding" as the manufacturer or park define it. It may seem extraneous, but the manufacturer and park have to draw lines somewhere, and they happened to draw it in a way that, apparently, should've prevented you from riding at all.

My suggestion to you and to ANYONE with ANY kind of limitation or impairment or brace or cast or disorder or medical issue or disability is to stop at Guest Relations and speak to someone who can CLEARLY define for you what you can and cannot ride. That information is available and is not secret. Especially in the case of guests who wear prosthetic limbs or have any sort of cast, it seems fairly obvious that you will NOT be allowed on every ride, so a stop at Guest Relations ought to be an obvious first stop. I have little pity for guests with prosthetic limbs who wait in a line for Flight of Fear then act appalled, confused, and offended at their inability to ride safely as defined by Premier Rides, the Ohio Department of Agriculture, or Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. C'mon. Ask.

• Like 3

Long time reader, poster in the past, but haven't been active on these boards in years..

I have rode Banshee (and Gatekeeper) 10+ times this season. I know the new B&M restrain issues have been pointed out time and time again (mainly with Gatekeeper), but I tend to read more about them locking in too hard. This problem has never happened for me- quite possibly because that issue has been fixed.

HOWEVER, I haven't seen much discussion on the jackhammering that occurs on these rides. This is a hugely obvious frustration to me. I have found that at least 1/3 of my rides on the END seats of both these coasters have severe jackhammering. If I ride in the middle seats, I never run into this problem. The outside seats are hit or miss. The difference is absolutely astounding.. not to say that Banshee is not still fun and that the jackhammering is absolutely unbearable, but it is the difference between a smooth, amazing ride and a jostling, head-aching ride that is still thrilling. On these outside seats (on both Gatekeeper and Banshee), you can even hear a clanking as the jackhammering occurs.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Maybe it has been discussed more, but I haven't see much mention of it. I love outside seats, but I think I'll be sticking with inside whenever possible.

FWIW - I think the new restraints are incredibly comfortable and I absolutely love the ride. I just wish they could address the random jackhammering that occurs on certain seats but not others (I have had friends ride the same train and rows and NOT get jackhammering while I did, and vice versa). I know I've had this happen at least once on Diamondback's outside seats as well. I love B&M's reliability.. but I've never had such unpredictable jackhammering on an Intamin.. just saying

• Like 2

You'll never avoid jackhammering on Gatekeeper, the truss assembly keeping you out that far from the rail means any small vibration/movement is amplified the farther out you are.

As for Banshee I only experienced that in row 4 and 6 inside seats, outside not so much, I haven't been back in a few weeks to really see how it's aged, someone else will have to chime in.

84 is the best seat IMO on Banshee, absolutely fantastic ride, 13 is a next close favorite.

• Like 1

Too many times in the past, ride operators have avoided tackling such situations for fear of offending someone or causing a stir. In at least one situation, they've successfully avoided offending the rider, but cost him his life.

It's unfortunately common for such safety regulations to be spottily enforced. Obviously the worst case is where a rider who did not meet the safety requirements was allowed to ride and was consequently hurt. But certainly another big drawback to that sort of wavering enforcement is situations like this, where a guest feels confused or even embarrassed - how am I deemed safe to ride one time, then denied later on during the day? It's been the cause of lawsuits at Cedar Fair parks. (I wouldn't suggest you hire a lawyer.)

Understand that, truthfully, you shouldn't have been allowed to enter the queue the first time if your brace prevented "safe riding" as the manufacturer or park define it. It may seem extraneous, but the manufacturer and park have to draw lines somewhere, and they happened to draw it in a way that, apparently, should've prevented you from riding at all.

My suggestion to you and to ANYONE with ANY kind of limitation or impairment or brace or cast or disorder or medical issue or disability is to stop at Guest Relations and speak to someone who can CLEARLY define for you what you can and cannot ride. That information is available and is not secret. Especially in the case of guests who wear prosthetic limbs or have any sort of cast, it seems fairly obvious that you will NOT be allowed on every ride, so a stop at Guest Relations ought to be an obvious first stop. I have little pity for guests with prosthetic limbs who wait in a line for Flight of Fear then act appalled, confused, and offended at their inability to ride safely as defined by Premier Rides, the Ohio Department of Agriculture, or Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. C'mon. Ask.

My brother failed to ask and wasted a drive down there. He broke his ankle over spring break (the day before they were supposed to go to WWOHP, too, poor guy). He wears a boot that he can take off anytime, but he still needs a scooter to get around with. He took his boot off and tried to hobble up to the Banshee queue and was shocked that they didn't let him on.

Maybe next month, kiddo :P

...I love B&M's reliability.. but I've never had such unpredictable jackhammering on an Intamin.. just saying

Go to another chains parks sometime for further testing. Today I rode three B&M Coasters in Tampa, FL. They were all smooth as glass. Same was true of the Intamin.

Banshee v Montu. I enjoyed Banshee more.....as far as the ride performance. The wife rode Montu with me and is very excited to experience Banshee in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1