Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

My 6 year old ride buddy as been staring longingly at Banshee all season and finally hit the 52 inch mark Friday thanks to a growth spurt, some new sneakers, and a bit of stretching. She practically jumped up and down shouting Banshee when they gave her the wristband. We rode it 4 times in a row during the day and then twice at night. It was fun each time but the night rides were awesome with all the lighting. Just a note about the fluffy seats. I was kind of worried I wouldn't fit so the first few times we rode in row 4 but then I decided to try another row for and I fit in the regular seats too. The differnece between the two types of seats doesn't seem to be much at all, so it must just be a slightly longer belt and not seat design. The only difference I felt was the normal seats were a little tighter on my thighs.

• Like 6

Last night 7/27/14, my kids did a marathon session on Banshee. 8 times in each row starting from the back up to the front row. Believe it we got the green train each time until we got to the front row. Then we got the purple train. It took 90 minutes and longest wait was the front row. Just walked right on each time till the front row. Kids loved it. Experiencing each row. Thank goodness the rain threat kept people away yesterday. Enjoyed my ride time.

• Like 5

Rode tonight at night. It was definitely better at night, but my buddy put it perfectly. "You cant replace a night ride on a wooden coaster that bounces you all over the place that for 4-5 minutes you have no idea where you are. "

Overall enjoyed it at night, but its still the second best night ride in the park, for me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There was quite a rattle in 8-4 of the purple train today. I'm not sure if it is just because of the wear and tear throughout the season starting to take effect on the ride, but it did not feel like a new ride at all.

I felt that rattle too. 8-4 is my favorite seat, but it wasn't quite as good as it usually is with that rattle. Hope they fix it in offseason maintenance.

• Like 2

went on friday and was so nervous i wouldnt fit. i tried the test seat and one of the employees helped me with one good push and i just made it. i was so ecstatic. rode 4 times at day and 2 at night and wow is she amazing at night. still cant pick between her, Beast, or Diamondback for best night ride. i love them all equally. and for fellow fluffy riders, row 5 is now like row 4, and the yellow bar really focused on my thighs, the vest was no problem at all because it stretches out. hope that helps give a sense of what to expect with the seats. truly awesome ride, i loved it. Banshee is now my favorite inverted coaster after Alpenghiest, Afterburn, and Raptor.

• Like 5

I usually try to ride front if possible. Riding anything in Row 8 always gives me a headache that Tylenol/Advil/Aleve can't fix.

Even on coasters with more or less than 8 rows?

But seriously, I know what you're getting at, but don't be so quick to disregard the back seats. Sit in the last row on Vortex, and I guarantee your experience will be far, far more enjoyable than in the front. It all comes down to how the ride was designed and at what point in the ride you encounter any particular forces.

I had my very first legitimate night ride on Banshee last night. It was really fun! I rode in Row 7 on the blue train.

Also, I noticed that there is a good amount of shaking/vibrations during the ride, especially when riding in/near the back. Compared to how much Vortex vibrates/shakes, Banshee does it even more, at least according to what I've experienced..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My 6 year old ride buddy as been staring longingly at Banshee all season and finally hit the 52 inch mark Friday thanks to a growth spurt, some new sneakers, and a bit of stretching. She practically jumped up and down shouting Banshee when they gave her the wristband. We rode it 4 times in a row during the day and then twice at night. It was fun each time but the night rides were awesome with all the lighting. Just a note about the fluffy seats. I was kind of worried I wouldn't fit so the first few times we rode in row 4 but then I decided to try another row for and I fit in the regular seats too. The differnece between the two types of seats doesn't seem to be much at all, so it must just be a slightly longer belt and not seat design. The only difference I felt was the normal seats were a little tighter on my thighs.

The Right Height moment is a keeper for one's whole life, both for you and her.

I met a little guy in Planet Snoopy on Opening Day, he was ready for the big rides, but his height wasn't. I told him I would probably see him in the Banshee line in August. He was just thatshort of the measure, but his mom wanted to play it safe.

The night rides on an outside seat are grand, the ride changes color.

• Like 3

First time at KI this year, the last operating week of August, Sun till Thursday. Got lots of friends in for $15, no lines, except for Firehawk. They really did their homework for Banshee, the seating is fantastically comfortable, all transitions on the ride are smooth. Until now,Top Gun at Carowinds and CA were my favorite inverts, now Banshee. Would like to see all the others converted to this style of restraint. However, some of the girls found the restraint a little constricting. I found front seat the best, wait time was no more than 3 trains.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Since this topic came up, is there any kind of maintenance they can do in the off-season that will help with the rattle that some of the trains had going on toward the end of the year? It seemed to be worse toward the back of the trains, which is unfortunate because those are some of the best seats on the ride. Is there anything that can be done, or is it what it is?

• Like 2

Specifically softer ones that don't last as long as the harder ones they seem to be using. Nitro is a much older coaster, and it doesn't do that. On the other hand, X-Filght at Six Flags Great America did it so badly the day I was there last summer that during the entire ride from the first drop on, I was praying for it to just mercifully end. I was entitled to ride it again without waiting. No, thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1st time I rode Banshee was opening day, I got trampled while walking to the ride once the park opened. I am pretty sure I was the 1st person to enter the park, lol. Lost my group ( found them by the ride). My friends dad didn't get to ride because of the bag rule. I wasn't scared, I was so excited. The 1st drop is my favorite part.

• Like 5