Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

I don't think putting a coaster over the front gate makes any sense either, knowing all of the existing infrastructure around there, it would be a difficult decision what to remove.  International Street is special with the fountain, putting a coaster in would detract from the theme.  It ain't broke. so don't fix it.

Anyone see the rebuilt Shake Rattle and Roll with all of it's LED glory, holy cow.  I really like it.  Reminds me of what Cedar Point did with the Gemini midway last year.

Hope to meet some of you at CoasterStock soon.  So looking forward to The Beast behind the scenes.

Hard to see but my avatar is a pic of us holding the origianal Banshee sign model from the Cedar Point print and model shop near MeanStreak.

• Like 6

I don't think putting a coaster over the front gate makes any sense either, knowing all of the existing infrastructure around there, it would be a difficult decision what to remove.  International Street is special with the fountain, putting a coaster in would detract from the theme.  It ain't broke. so don't fix it.

Anyone see the rebuilt Shake Rattle and Roll with all of it's LED glory, holy cow.  I really like it.  Reminds me of what Cedar Point did with the Gemini midway last year.

Hope to meet some of you at CoasterStock soon.  So looking forward to The Beast behind the scenes.

Hard to see but my avatar is a pic of us holding the origianal Banshee sign model from the Cedar Point print and model shop near MeanStreak.

I agree. As nice as it would be to have a front gate coaster I think it would ruin a little bit of the ambience of International Street.

Plus as others have stated there isn't much room around there for it, and since they have just done work on the front gate building I don't see it coming down soon either.

• Like 2

Oh, they can definitely make room, and kill the ambiance.  It's just not as logical a conclusion or easy a decision for Cedar Fair to make as some other parks.  They've already proven an ability to surprise us.

Some (many, actually) mourn the loss of the old main gate building at Carowinds, believing that the new one has killed some of the ambiance there.  There are others, however, who strongly believe that the new entrance is vastly improved, for myriad reasons.

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty sure that, earlier in this thread, I raved about Banshee.  For good reason.  It's a great ride, and it's something the park needed.  I had similar feelings about Diamondback when it was new.

On a related note, for the past couple seasons, I have more than willingly waited in long lines, if needed, for The Beast, Racer, Adventure Express, and The Bat.

Along those lines, I'm eagerly looking forward to (project) 2017...and beyond...(will I be in line for it beyond 2017?...I'm thinking there's a good chance of that!).

• Like 2