Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

My friend Dave and I got in line about 9:30, waited in nearly a full queue and were off by 10:30. They only stacked trains for maybe 15-30 seconds a couple of times while we were in line so the crew was really busting tail. The line moved along very well and even more so after 10 when Fast Lane was cut off for the evening. I was a tad bit skeptical about the theoretical capacity numbers but it's possible that Banshee will move even more people than Diamondback consistently. Kings Island desperately needed another people-eater and they got it.

As for the ride, I think it's simply superb. The elements flow gracefully and seamlessly one to the other and the progression feels very natural. The first drop was outstanding. The zero-g roll was good but I agree with others in wishing it was either built slightly smaller or had a tad bit more pace to give it a little snap. I really like the second half of the ride as it seems to actually get more interesting the later you get. The in-line roll is a cool ending. It's one of the few rides that keeps you engaged from beginning to end.

The only real drawback I experienced was feeling a slight vibration on the train while riding along the course. It seems like some newer B&Ms are experiencing this for some reason. Goliath at SFOG, Behemoth, Diamondback, Gatekeeper and Wild Eagle can all deliver rides that are really smooth on one lap and then vibrate noticeably (for a B&M anyway) on another lap. It seems like this may be a train-to-train thing based on what others have said but I really hope that Kings Island takes good care of this ride.

Is it better than Montu? Yes and no. Banshee's layout is definitely superior. Montu's pacing is better than Banshee's in the first half of the ride (snappier zero-g roll and batwing) but Banshee is much better than Montu in the second half. It's really close, and quite honestly, that's really all I was hoping for. It's a world-class ride and I'll go as far as to say it may be the best looping coaster of any kind in the country.

• Like 8

I just noticed that one of those listings has six shirts available. Six. It's absolutely ridiculous that one person could get six shirts, just to try to make a buck.

• Like 11

I had heard that some Fast Lane people looped around a few times and got more than one t-shirt. It's a shame that they weren't able to limit it to one per person. Far more so, though, shame on those people for taking advantage of the system.

It's really nothing to get upset about for most of us. Many on here already got a Banshee shirt for the A Kid Again fundraiser and many more got a shirt for media day. What's a third shirt? Life goes on.

Oh, and if anyone thinks that those shirts are worth $50, you're out of your mind.

^^This kind of crap really ticks me off! What's wrong with people? How can someone be so selfish and steal shirts away from other guests? And also, where were the staff in charge of handing out t-shirts? How could they not notice that these people were already carrying multiple shirts. If they went to grab another shirt, speak up and tell them no and to get the heck away. What a bunch of nonsense.

^There were some people, like myself, who were unable to go to media day or participate in the fundraiser because of work and other obligations. For some of us, opening day was our only chance for a Banshee t-shirt (other than to buy one of course). For me, not getting a t-shirt is not the end of the world. Would I have liked to had one? Of course, but I'm not going to stress about it. However, it's the principle of the whole thing that gets to me. To know that people pretty much stole t-shirts and milked the system and that the workers just stood around and let it happen. Just ridiculous.

• Like 8

^^This kind of crap really ticks me off! What's wrong with people? How can someone be so selfish and steal shirts away from other guests? And also, where were the staff in charge of handing out t-shirts? How could they not notice that these people were already carrying multiple shirts. If they went to grab another shirt, speak up and tell them no and to get the heck away. What a bunch of nonsense.

^There were some people, like myself, who were unable to go to media day or participate in the fundraiser because of work and other obligations. For some of us, opening day was our only chance for a Banshee t-shirt (other than to buy one of course). For me, not getting a t-shirt is not the end of the world. Would I have liked to had one? Of course, but I'm not going to stress about it. However, it's the principle of the whole thing that gets to me. To know that people pretty much stole t-shirts and milked the system and that the workers just stood around and let it happen. Just ridiculous.

I'm not sure who handed out the t-shirts, but I can tell you why these people were able to defraud the system. Banshee doesn't allow for loose articles in the station. Therefore the person would have had to leave the shirt they already got behind in order to enter the queue again... unless they were wearing them. You can't expect a person who is seeing hundreds of people walk by every few minutes to remember who they gave t-shirts to and who they didn't with any degree of certainty. So it's not like they would have seen them carrying the shirt and been able to deny them a second under the basis of it being one per customer.

• Like 6

I rode it twice tonight. The first time was around 7:30, after spending roughly 3 hours in line. It was worth it. The rush I felt as you take flight from the lift hill, whipping, twisting, and spinning was simply and purely indescribable.

The second time was even better than the first. It was past 10:30, and I have to say, Banshee is a perfect night riding experience! Not just while you're riding, but while you're waiting in line, as well. The way the fog lingers around the Banshee sign; how the gravestones are illuminated by green lights, like something ripped from the pages of EC Comics; the torch burning on the Son of Beast memorial; Eve lurking on the walls in her projected form, her scream piercing the air in cohesion with the real screams coming from the trains zooming by as they pass over us; it all set a near pitch-perfect vibe, which, for me, culminated with an amazing front row seat, night ride experience. Getting to sit next to a cute redhead just by happenstance made it all the better. Her being absolutely terrified getting on made it even more better. But, the best part was when said redhead turns to me and asks "Is it scary?," followed swiftly by "Will I be terrified?," only for me to say, with a slight hint of a twisted smile, I'm sure, "Yes."

• Like 8

I had some trouble figuring out how to unbuckle the seat belt, but I was in 8-1, so the op with the mic was right there to let me out. Boy, did I feel dumb.

Don't be. I had the same problem. Twice. Maybe third time's a charm?

• Like 1

I just noticed that one of those listings has six shirts available. Six. It's absolutely ridiculous that one person could get six shirts, just to try to make a buck.

I think it's even more ridiculous that people are wanting to sell these items for 50-100$ a pop...

Also, I heard multiple reports of the Banshee being an hour/hour and 15 minute wait...if you jumped in line near closing...

True?

that's not bad if so..

Many of times I'll enter The Beast's line near closing and will surpass that wait-time.

• Like 3

Hey guys! My Media Day video finally finished uploading to YouTube! There are various pictures in the video from the dark ride experience to the day time experience. Don's first speech is included in the video, as is most of Greg's speech. There is also plenty of B-Roll footage of Banshee's flying from a few different angles. Enjoy!

• Like 10

That's surprising. Yesterday went off so perfect.

I think I may have been across from you and your wife in line today. I had saw your comment about being at Diamondback's opening day in another thread. I had a yoshi drawstring bag and a Diamondback first rider shirt. I thought it may be you from memory of your icon and the fact that you are holding a baby - who would be about the age of the children I saw. :> of course this post will be awkward if I am totally wrong about this, disregard if so, lol.

Also, in an unrelated note, I just finished reading everyone's comments, I wish I had a way to post to the boards while waiting in line =p I'm a person who's terrified of vomit (emetophpobia - a terrible fear for someone as addicted to roller coasters as I) and riding in the middle train made me a little nervous about someone who may be not feeling good in front of me, if you know what I mean. If I get a chance to pick, I'd like to choose to ride in the front seat to elimate that chance.

I noticed while I was approaching the station that the garbage can had some fresh sawdust in it that had a very strong pine sol smell. Better than smelling like ralph of course, but just thinking that it was disposed of right there was grossing me out. I hope I'm never around to see the Banshee get to someone badly. Now, I consider my stomach to be strong but I was a little worried about getting on the Banshee because Invertigo makes me dizzy sometimes (no nausea though) as well as the slingshot and also Vortex, for a moment after completing the two loops.

I was not there opening day.

I had a night ride around 9:50 last night and Banshee does make a great night ride! There was no fog as has been speculated but that may change as the season goes on. In my opinion though, Beast still has the park's best night ride.

there was fog all over the place during Media Day. Even during the daytime.

EDIT: The Beast still has the WORLD'S best night ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I really liked it, the vest is much better than on Gatekeeper. But it is still stiff. I've never been on Montu, so I can not compare the two. Joined the line (me and my dad) when it was back at the Effiel Tower. From the Tower to the first over flow queue, it took and hour 36 minutes. Mapped it on google earth, the distance was 0.25 miles. The main queue did take around 2 hours to get through. The full total came out to be 4 hours 30 minutes, even got the front seat. On an Inverted coaster it feels like your soring thorugh the air, in the front row. That topped our wait back in July 2003 for Top Thrill Dragster, at 2 hours 30 minutes. I was so tired and sore from standing that long. Could not even scream on the coaster, from my mouth being so dry.

• Like 2

I hold nothing against the crew, but it is early in the season. Later, the crew will be more experienced and will be able to hold perfect dispatches. I imagine it is hard it is to time a coaster with no mid course brakes and not be able to see the train running most of the time. I respect them for their operations, I'm just saying they were a little slower until later in the day.

• Like 1

I had heard that some Fast Lane people looped around a few times and got more than one t-shirt. It's a shame that they weren't able to limit it to one per person. Far more so, though, shame on those people for taking advantage of the system.

It's really nothing to get upset about for most of us. Many on here already got a Banshee shirt for the A Kid Again fundraiser and many more got a shirt for media day. What's a third shirt? Life goes on.

Oh, and if anyone thinks that those shirts are worth $50, you're out of your mind.

I didn't particicpate in the fund raiser, had no idea how media day worked (I regret not looking into either of those things) and missed a first rider shirt by ten minutes... :( I hope someone will put one up for $20 or something I may get it. I'd like to say it doesn't matter that much to me, but it does. I was very upset. >_< At least I have my Diamondback first rider shirt. but it's old and worn out.

I think it's interesting that some Firehawk first rider shirts are showing up in the search results for Banshee shirts on ebay, I had never seen a Firehawk first rider shirt. one is $16 which is as cheap as most other shirt in the gift shops.

• Like 1

I didn't particicpate in the fund raiser, had no idea how media day worked (I regret not looking into either of those things) and missed a first rider shirt by ten minutes... :( I hope someone will put one up for $20 or something I may get it. I'd like to say it doesn't matter that much to me, but it does. I was very upset. >_< At least I have my Diamondback first rider shirt. but it's old and worn out.

I think it's interesting that some Firehawk first rider shirts are showing up in the search results for Banshee shirts on ebay, I had never seen a Firehawk first rider shirt. one is $16 which is as cheap as most other shirt in the gift shops.

I like to live life thinking that Karma will always win out in the end...that if you do the right things in life, help out people in need, that the right things and help will return upon you down the road.

That runs the other way for me too, that, when you are greedy, take what isn't rightfully yours, though it may pay off up front, that you will pay 10 fold in the end. So, may the fickle finger of fate cost those selling the extra Banshee shirts that you didn't get $500, or more. May the fleas of a thousand Afghan camels infest their crotch, and may their arms be too short to scratch.

I also do think that, in spite of KI's best efforts, that they did royally screw the pooch yesterday in offering FL+ for Banshee, with the expected crowds. Again, the nickels that the park made selling the passes left a bad taste with many customers...a 4 and a half hour wait is terrible, when you've got people marathoning the ride.

That said, I knew yesterday would be a clusterf**k, which is why my opening day is tomorrow.

I do, however, know where to get a first rider shirt if I want one...fleas optional.

• Like 9

I need to try Banshee next week. My favorite two inverts are Talon and Apengeist followed by Montu, Afterburn and Silver Bullet. I am really looking forward to riding this. I got my 10 rides on Afterburn 2 weeks ago at Carowinds so that I am ready B&M for Inverts.

• Like 1