Your Banshee Experience

Gplez90

I finally have time to type out my experience.

I had 13 rides during Media Day. Most of them were in the middle rows.

The lights, station, fog, sign, and tombstones were great. I think Banshee is the best looking coaster I have ever seen.

The ride experience was a 7 out of 10, IMO. Almost every one of my 13 rides had some awful vibrations. That is my only complaint, though. The best part is the twist at the end. Very similar to the rolls on Volcano at Kings Dominion.

It is my 2nd favorite ride at KI, after Adventure Express. (Can't build nostalgia)

Well done KI, well done.

• Like 7

If anyone who missed this here's the Welcoming Ceremony video! Not really sure on where to post this.

Also I have gotten many rides on Banshee this past weekend, and all I can say is WOW. From the theming, to the ride itself everything is amazing! I can't wait to get back down there in a few weeks and ride again! I believe this beats Raptor at Cedar Point.

Thank you Don for everything!!

• Like 11

"This is not what I was expecting. Pretty sure this isn't Kings Island. This thing looks gorgeous." These were the first few thoughts I had about Banshee when I saw it for the first time in person at the A Kid Again event Thursday night.

The entire theme and landscaping around the ride are far and above anything Kings Island has ever done. It is not hokey or gimmicky, but gorgeous. The lighting package, the flickering lights in the station, the fog rolling out from the Banshee sign, the eternal SoB flame, O'Terpy, details like these just add to the Banshee experience. Especially the Banshee experience at night. Well done KI for not just putting a new coaster in a field, but building a great story and theme around it.

Banshee itself as many have previously state is amazing. The ride is non stop, continues picking up speed throughout the course and I really feel the ride takes off after the drop in to the valley and the Batwing. The whip in the back left side on the first drop is great, the pacing between inversions is top notch, the force at the bottom of inversions on the back half reminiscent of early B&M inverts, the final inline/zero g roll is amazing you actually leave your seat, and the restraints are as comfortable as anything around. I could go on, but Banshee is the total package and what KI has been missing.

Some say that Banshee is the best inverted coaster around now, I haven't ridden them all, but it is by far the best of those that I have ridden. (Raptor, Afterburn, Alpengeist, Montu, Dragons Challenge, Batman The Ride, and Great Bear) Also this may be blasphemy around here, but the night ride experience on Banshee has kicked The Beast's experience to the curb and I think that speaks volumes to what Kings Island has accomplished with this ride.

• Like 13

^ I know what you mean, same here, but I'm glad I tried Row 4 cause according to the test seat that does not have the row 4 belts on them I would have been unable to ride. But I also need to get in better shape not just to ride coasters but for over all health of myself. I have never been as big as I am now, and I do not like it.

• Like 1

I rode it 8 times on Media day. Probably would have ridden more, but I was also enjoying Delirium and The Bat and seeing my friends.

Overall though, I love Banshee. Incredible ride and a great addition to the park. I feel this ride was something the park really needed and was missing. I love Inverts though. They are one of my favorite kinds of coasters and this one is aces.

I will say a funny trend I noticed was that all my guy friends seemed to enjoy the back of the train more and the ladies enjoyed being more towards the front of the train. I'm not saying this is entirely true for everyone, but just a little detail I picked up on.

I know for myself, I enjoyed the first three rows and any row after that it sort of messed with me. I did ride in row 7 and enjoyed the forces, but the last 1/4 of the ride messed with me.

Either way, I love Banshee. I am really grateful that we have such an amazing new coaster to enjoy for years to come. The pacing was perfect, the theming is top-notch and the ride delivered more than I could have dreamed of!

I look forward to many more rides this season and beyond :)

• Like 2

Banshee was amazing. Rode it 3 time yesterday. Got a ride in the middle, back row and front row. Front and back were the best of course. Love the first drop in the back being pulled over the hill, but the front see is amazing being propelled through the zero-g roll and down the hill into the valley. First time I rode it didn't think the forces seemed to bad from the way it was being described, but then we got in the valley and that second half is definitely intense. I can't wait to go and experience a night ride on it.

• Like 1

CoasterForce posted some great videos of Banshee on the their site and on YouTube a couple of days ago, and after watching them, I felt the urge to share them here with you guys.

Banshee on-ride ridercam POV

Banshee off-ride POV

Banshee Opening Ceremony

(Same type of video, with different views than the video already posted above)

• Like 3

I should post my review as well.

I rode ~15 times at Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, then once on Opening Day. Raptor and Gatekeeper both give me a slight headache after 4-5 rides in a day, so I was pleasantly surprised that I could ride it so many times. I credit its smoothness and smart pacing, building up to the ride's most intense forces in the batwing.

I didn't pay much attention to the layout over the off-season, as I didn't want to spoil the initial ride experience. There's a great out-of-control feeling throughout - you're diving straight for the ground, feeling weightlessness alternating with up and down forces, and (especially at night) are never sure when you're inverting. Then the in-line roll finale lifts you out of your seat and gives you a great view of the park spinning around you. I caught a glimpse of an upside down Eiffel Tower on a few of the inversions, which I thought was a nice touch.

The best seat is up front, thanks to the unique views, followed closely by the outer seats in row 8. It's not critical to choose a particular seat, but I'd recommend riding up front at least once.

Overall, there's really nothing bad I can say about Banshee. The lighting package is spectacular from the midways, the theming feels immersive, and the ride itself is an experience you'll want to have again (and again).

• Like 7

Although Raptor will always have a place in my heart ( 20 years old next month) I must say that Banshee blows away the inverted competition. 24 rides so far ( would have had more but had to wait for the plummer Saturday-why, oh why do these things happen at the most inopportune times?) Fav part definately the last inversion-don't know the exact term but I will call it an inside barrel roll ending in a helix. Great job KI-keep up the great work.

• Like 5

Not a bad seat on the ride IMO. I've got 15 rides in, have rode every row, and while the front center, and back outside do stand out a little more than others, it's fantastic everywhere. The zero G roll and the inline twist from the front center seats, along with the view are awesome. The forces felt in the back are great as well. But I'd happily ride any seat on the train.

• Like 4

"This is not what I was expecting. Pretty sure this isn't Kings Island. This thing looks gorgeous." These were the first few thoughts I had about Banshee when I saw it for the first time in person at the A Kid Again event Thursday night.

The entire theme and landscaping around the ride are far and above anything Kings Island has ever done. It is not hokey or gimmicky, but gorgeous. The lighting package, the flickering lights in the station, the fog rolling out from the Banshee sign, the eternal SoB flame, O'Terpy, details like these just add to the Banshee experience. Especially the Banshee experience at night. Well done KI for not just putting a new coaster in a field, but building a great story and theme around it.

Banshee itself as many have previously state is amazing. The ride is non stop, continues picking up speed throughout the course and I really feel the ride takes off after the drop in to the valley and the Batwing. The whip in the back left side on the first drop is great, the pacing between inversions is top notch, the force at the bottom of inversions on the back half reminiscent of early B&M inverts, the final inline/zero g roll is amazing you actually leave your seat, and the restraints are as comfortable as anything around. I could go on, but Banshee is the total package and what KI has been missing.

Some say that Banshee is the best inverted coaster around now, I haven't ridden them all, but it is by far the best of those that I have ridden. (Raptor, Afterburn, Alpengeist, Montu, Dragons Challenge, Batman The Ride, and Great Bear) Also this may be blasphemy around here, but the night ride experience on Banshee has kicked The Beast's experience to the curb and I think that speaks volumes to what Kings Island has accomplished with this ride.

100% agree I've ridden Montu, Patriot, Talon, Afterburn, Dragons Challenge, Great Bear, Raptor, and 5 of the Batmans. None of them compare to Banshee. The pacing on Banshee is perfect and the night ride is the best night ride experience I've ever had. Out of the 251 coasters I've been fortunate enough to ride, hands down Banshee is my new number 1. I can't think of a more complete coaster.

• Like 6

I'm torn as to which has less integrity:

Getting more than one first rider shirt with the intent of selling it.

-or-

Purchasing a first rider shirt with the intent of claiming you actually were a first rider.

Buying one is certainly more foolish...getting multiple with the intention of selling it is just greed, plain and simple.

• Like 2

^^I have to disagree..

Running 9 ride ops/supervisors on platform to cycle a train and a gold tag in controls, I can't abide by that..Just..wow. Gatekeeper opening day, ride sent trains perfectly no issues, three hour wait all day till she went down for weather.

And in regards to Fast Lane Plus, sending 30+ people into the station clearing out the FL+ queue before touching the regular line is a bit ridiculous, AND during ERT. Just..wow

• Like 2

I'm torn as to which has less integrity:

Getting more than one first rider shirt with the intent of selling it.

-or-

Purchasing a first rider shirt with the intent of claiming you actually were a first rider.

Buying one is certainly more foolish...getting multiple with the intention of selling it is just greed, plain and simple.

A bit off topic from selling the shirts, but goes back to doing the right thing, which, as I get older, people in this country seem to do less and less...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/fan-who-caught-pujols-500th-home-run-wants-nothing-in-return-023226058.html

• Like 6

^ I never had the opportunity to ride the Flying Eagles when they were at Kings Island...good thing I'll driving through Charlotte in a month and a half and have a platinum pass.

Carowinds is an awesome, underrated park. Until I rode Banshee, Afterburn was my second favorite steel coaster with inversions. They rarely have huge crowds compared to Kings Island, and they have a lot of great coasters that rank among my favorites:

Nighthawk (The prototype Vekoma Flying Dutchman - similar layout to Firehawk, with a different ending)

Vortex (A stand-up coaster that is a bit less extreme than Mantis. Also the third coaster ever built by B&M)

Hurler (A speedy wooden coaster with good lateral forces. Very smooth on a good day. Very, very rough on a bad one)

Carolina Goldrusher (A classic Arrow Mine Train. Not nearly as good as Adventure Express, but still a solid mine train coaster)

Thunder Road (A wooden racing coaster that will take you across state lines and back)

And KI's prodigal son, our Flying Eagles, round out the park as a must-visit in my book. Though I will admit, since Banshee opened, my desire to make a return trip to Carowinds has waned significantly.

• Like 1