Holiday World 2014 Park Map

Honestly, I love the Koch family. I loved having Pat and crew around the park. And maybe Will and Lori's kin will one day take up the park and it will be a grand family affair once again. But for the time being, I think the park is in the right direction.

Holiday World is losing its charm. Its getting harder and harder to compete with the parks with the shinny new rides and the tall steel coasters. The reopening of KK only makes competing that much harder. And the wear ans tear that their 3 wooden coaster (esp Voyage) has taken over the years has only made it worse.

Matt and the rest of management up at HW seem to be taking things up a notch to get more people in the gates. I really enjoy the new advertising. Its very fresh, and not cheap looking at all like the old ads. And the addition of new buildings like Mrs Clauses Fudge Shop and restaurants like the Wildibeestro are going to be nice for the park.

But the part of the park that I have my eye on is in Thanksgiving where the remains of Girrafica reside. What the park really needs to compete is a nice big steel coaster. Something to get everyone excited about again like the park did when the Voyage opened. And I believe that they know that too.

I was at the park a lot the past few years and Pilgrims Plunge was running a good part of the time. Yes, the lines were very short, but the ride was a seemingly high capacity ride. And yes, Intimin does have a safety issue attached to their rides. But I have a feeling that Pilgrims Plunge has been on the chopping block for awhile. Why? Something big I suppose.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor from Holiday World, from Screamscape (so it may be inaccurate) but I'll share anyway: apparently, there is a "clearing" of trees that have been removed near Voyage's 2nd drop. And the park has been teasing about something new in 2015, saying #MayflowerisJustTheBeginning on their twitter page...

Here are the links, BTW...

http://screamscape.com/html/holiday_world.htm

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MayflowerIsJustTheBeginning&src=hash

My guess? I would not be shocked to see a steel coaster finally come to Holiday World in 2015, but I'm not expecting a $20+ million dollar scream machine. Or this could be something else altogether- they teased back in 2007 for example, and we got Kima Bay for 2008.

• Like 1

^^But isn't it in the best interest of both parties that the park continues to be successful? It could easily be argued that a big new addition is necessary to compete with Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom. And I wasn't trying to be literal with the Dive Machine. But a large expansion, yes.

From what I have observed, both Dan and Lori care deeply about the park.

• Like 1

^^But isn't it in the best interest of both parties that the park continues to be successful? It could easily be argued that a big new addition is necessary to compete with Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom. And I wasn't trying to be literal with the Dive Machine. But a large expansion, yes.

From what I have observed, both Dan and Lori care deeply about the park.

As far as Mr Koch is concerned.... my money is on Alabama.

• Like 2

^ Marsh stores, as well as select Kroger stores in Indiana/Kentucky, carry Holiday World tickets. A good Kroger store to stop at is the one in Carrollton, KY just off I-71.

AAA Ohio Valley stores (incl. Cincinnati) also carry discount tickets (for AAA members).

Of course, you'd want to call first about availability/pricing.

I have found it very interesting that all the billboards that I have seen in Indianapolis this year have no mention at all of Splashin' Safari. The logo and/or name are not even included anywhere on the signs. Splashin' Safari has been the center of the advertising campaign here for as long as I can remember.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325861871036/

The free day event has been named "Loose Lips Sink Ships". I wonder if that is a reference to the possibility that we may see something "secret" tomorrow, i.e. the first signs of construction for Project 2015?

Could just be a reference to the Mayflower added this year... but ya never know...

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325861871036/

The free day event has been named "Loose Lips Sink Ships". I wonder if that is a reference to the possibility that we may see something "secret" tomorrow, i.e. the first signs of construction for Project 2015?

Could just be a reference to the Mayflower added this year... but ya never know...

I think it's a combination. They're combining a reference to the 2014 attraction with a hint of the preview of the 2015 attraction. At least that's what I think.

• Like 1