Holiday World 2014 Park Map

Lol. But seriously, you should have fun, i have only been once and i live in Indiana, and enjoyed myself greatly. Lines didnt really seem that long either. The park mainly consists of Splashin' Safari and a whole bunch of flats. The themeing is pretty cool, only downside i have found is the lack of coasters, but i for one like coasters more than the other rides.

And now the intrigue starts. They made a show out of having a kid help dig out a "treasure chest". They didn't openly show what was in it, but it was clearly a bunch of paper. As they were taking it away for "study", they "dropped" some of the paper on the ground. This is what it says:

u8u3azyh.jpg

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

They finally opened the box during dinner. Inside, among a pile of shredded paper, was an old, extremely worn, locked journal. I have a close-up picture of it on my good camera; I'll have to transfer it to my computer before I can post it with my trip report tomorrow.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Any tips you fine people could share with me for my first trip to this park on Saturday?

I will preface this with saying that with a high of only 64 on Saturday the water park may not be as crowded as it usually gets on Saturdays.

If you are planning on including Splashin' Safari as part of your day (which you should) then I would make sure that you are standing at the entrance at opening go quickly grab a chair/locker/both/etc. and get in line for Zinga, Bakuli, Wildebeest, or Mammoth, whichever you want to ride the most. Then immediately get in line for your second choice as the lines in the water park will get LONG quickly and will stay that way the majority of the day. You will probably have to bite the bullet on waiting a decent amount for two of those four water rides.

As far as the dry side goes, the three coasters are all great. I personally prefer the back on Raven (that 5th drop is something else back there), the very front on Voyage, and anywhere on Legend as it is really more about the laterals. Liberty Launch is a fun S&S Space Shot with some nice airtime at the top and is really the only other "thrill ride" in the park outside of the coasters. Gobbler Getaway is a nice shooting (errr, calling) dark ride and Sparkler, Hollow Swings, and the Scarecrow Scrambler all have nice programs. The rest of the flats are nice if not stand out installations. The lines for all three coasters are generally longest at opening and die down during the day.

I'd take an excursion on the Monitor before I'd sink!

I would find it hard to believe they would take Voyage out. Instead, I believe that they will probably Iron Horse it into a new attraction, with a cork, or possibly the first loop in awhile.

The article 'Loose Lips Sink Ships' is truly heartwarming. Its written by Leah Koch. Great read. Its wonderful to hear from Will's kin, especially when its about future expansion.

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2014/05/15/loose-lips-sink-ships/

Its coming. And its almost positively a coaster. "As 2015 rolls closer.."

EDIT: Got beat. Twice. Lol

• Like 1

I'd never even heard of Holiday World before this thread, and now I'm dreaming of a trip there. It's about as far a drive as Cedar Point for me (4 hours).

I'm a sucker for a mystery.

Don't just dream of it. Do it! You will not regret it at all. Holiday World is one of the best parks out there.

• Like 1

I'm against popular opinion and I think that Legend is THE coaster at Holiday World. It's all about laterals and I'm a sucker for laterals. In defense of The Voyage, I found it to be real rough and know that isn't always the case. The back was even uncomfortable IMO, which is odd for me to say being a S.o.B fan. I need to get back for some more laps!

• Like 4

I describe it intense/violent instead of rough (not counting the second hill bump).

The only coaster I've experienced that I can't marathon more than 3 or 4 rides and find it difficult to hold up my hands the entire cycle.

Of course, this is all my opinion.

Edit : I agree Terp. She was riding great the other day.

• Like 3