What part of Banshee did you enjoy most?

coasterfanatic83

Now that many of you have ridden Banshee for the first time, or will in the near future, here is the exact poll I posted about a week ago. Instead of "Which element are you most looking forward to?" this poll is "What element did you enjoy most?"

Thanks everyone! I'm interested to see what people enjoyed most about our shiny new B&M.

I voted "other" because I cannot pick a favorite element. They are all so awesome in their own way that trying to pick just one is like asking a father of ten kids to choose his favorite child. Even the lift hill matches the other elements in awesomeness because of the amazing view you get of the rest of the park by looking down through the net below.

• Like 1

I was really impressed with the extended in-line roll. It almost feels like the coaster is going to stall out and you get the falling out sensation opposed to massive downward g's. I also like how it seems to sort of throw you off balance as it feels like it twists/rotates the "wrong" direction (I think it is opposite of the turnaround spiral and instead matches the subsequent carousel helix).

• Like 3

After much inner debate, I decided to go with the batwing, with the inline coming in a very close second, the Zero-G in a very close third, and the rest of the ride in a very close fourth. :D

Really, though the second half (as in Zero-G and later) is all pretty freaking awesome. The forces really pick up and the maintained speed throughout it all is phenomenal. And the slowness of the inline compared to the rest of the ride is so strange, but uniquely fantastic. I had to go with the batwing though because not only is it very fast there at the bottom, but I also felt that the strongest forces were right there in between inversions 3 and 4 and between inversions 4 and 5.

• Like 3

The batwing for me. Dropping off of the zero-g and then being hurled upside down, slammed into the mud, lifted back out, and twisting back to the ground at such high speeds on such a gargantuan scale is flat out awesome. It was hard to choose between that and the inline, though. Those forces transferring around and making you fall into your unlocked vest that high off the ground is absolutely terrifying. Third would have to be the drop. That's a beautiful view and to put so much snap and force into a drop that size is sick.

• Like 7

I voted the In-Line twist, but really my favorite part of the ride is everything between the Batwing and the Final Brake run. I think that portion of the ride flows extremely well, and the carousel helix delivers some surprisingly strong sustained positive Gs!

• Like 2

Love the extended twist! (The last inversion) I felt like I was (almost) going to fall out of my seat, just like when you're going through Vortex's corkscrews! It's totally AMAZING!!!

So which is better: Banshee or Vortex? :)

Though Vortex was my favorite ride.. I'm gonna have to say Banshee.. Although a favorite for me, the fact is that Vortex is just a tad bit rough whereas Banshee manages to be intense and smooth at the same time.

Love the extended twist! (The last inversion) I felt like I was (almost) going to fall out of my seat, just like when you're going through Vortex's corkscrews! It's totally AMAZING!!!

So which is better: Banshee or Vortex? :)

I like both.

No, really.

Even though I was able to be on both Banshee and Vortex last week (Banshee on Thursday, Vortex on Saturday) I like them both the same, though Vortex may still be ahead by a slight edge.

Keep in mind that it is quite hard to thoroughly compare a 27 year old Arrow mega-looper with a brand new 3 month old B&M invert. :P

• Like 4

I love the batwing! Great forces coming into the second half of it. The sheer size of them is just amazing! I will saw I thought the in line roll was just thrown in there for another inversion but it is tied for my second favorite part of the ride with the Zero G. This is a fantastic addition to Kings Island.

• Like 2

The Zero-G roll, which I think the effect is aided by the G-Forces you go though in the Pretzel Loop. Then again the first inline twist is unexpected right before a dive, which I giggled on lol. Both twists suprised me on how much i liked it.

• Like 1

The first drop is what stood out to me. Most other B&M inverted coasters I've ridden have it where their first drop is more gradual. Banshee's really grabs you into its intensity right off The Bat, its a REALLY steep drop with a quick twist as it starts to curve, it lets you know it's not messing around, and the rest of the course stays true to that intensity.

• Like 1