Banshee or Beast at night

TheBeast1116

Right now everyones only experienced morning and day rides.

When the first riders got on at around 6am it was still dark enough that I would've considered it a night ride.

I was one of those riders....

It WAS incredible, but I'm still putting Beast as my favorite night ride.

Beast at night is a great and fantastic experience. It's impressive because it's long straights, tunnels, and turns in the woods seem to go on for ages and pick up speed taking you further out in the woods than you could believe, and then finishing with a great helix.

Banshee is great because of the ride and it's theming. The pacing, inversions, smoothness, and excellent elements already make for a great ride. However the tombstones and amazing lighting put into the rides design really take the daily common ride experience to a whole new level. Lastly, Banshee can have a fireworks ride, wheras Beast never will. Last night it was honestly a magical experience. Looking on the lift hill right in front of you, the fireworks go off, with AE, Racer, and WindSeeker right in front of you, and great good big old booms in the sky from gunpowder rockets. Very very impressive night ride.

I know I'll catch flack, but I give it to Banshee, it has taken the mantlepiece. Don't get me wrong both are world class coasters with excellent thrills, both have a different mission and both have a different set of expectations for their rides in both settings.

• Like 2

If someone who had never been to Kings Island was to ride Banshee at night they could see what they were about to ride and would love it I'm sure, but if they were to ride The Beast in the dark, I think the majority would be saying" What the bleep, that was insane!" Just my own opinion. I think many of you just got a new toy and are excited about it, The Beast is the undisputed night ride champ!

• Like 1

I indeed rode Beast for the first time at night my first ride ever. I was even informed not to make a day pass on it and not watch any POVs it was quite worth it and amazingly intense. My friend I rode it with still feels the same way.

However I still stand behind my front row fireworks nighttime ride. That was one of those amazingly rare great rides that I will remember and cherish

• Like 1

Last night I got the chance to experience my first night ride on Banshee, in Row 1 at that. I was impressed. Since I took my first ride on Thursday, I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride and think that it's a great addition to Kings Island. The lighting effects and the environment at night makes it a completely different experience.

The Beast, however, in Row 1 is also an amazing night ride. The Beast has the edge as that it's in the woods and you can't really see what's coming next.

The Beast is the winner here in my books. Something about no lights and total darkness...

• Like 3

Haven't gotten to experience Banshee at night yet but be hard to top The Beast. I'm sure it will look amazing and have awesome lighting effects and stuff, but there's just something so different about the seclusion in the woods at night. Best coaster experience has been in 2008 rode it last thing during Halloween Haunt. My friend and I were in the front row with only two other people in the very back so you couldn't hear them. Seeing only the track and no other sounds in the middle of night was amazing. Felt completely alone in the middle of nowhere flying around the track. Be amazing if Banshee can top that but as long as it comes close it will be amazing.

• Like 1

After riding both at night tonight, the choice is easy. If I can only get one night ride that night, give me The Beast. Banshee's nighttime effects are cool and definitely make it a better ride at night than during the day, but no fancy lighting effects will ever match the incredible high-speed, out-of-control feeling in complete darkness that is a Beast night ride in pure awesomeness.

• Like 4

I imagine I'll be splitting night rides all season. Both have their virtue, and I'll probably throw in a few on Diamondback as well.

I agree with you! I feel like I am in the minority in thinking that Diamondback at night is the best ride at night in the park. I rode it at night last Friday and it was just fantastic! Row 16 in the dark is crazy good!

• Like 3