Winterfest Returning?

TowerGuy

I would MUCH rather go to WinterFest than go to Fearfest thats all i gotta say about this subject tongue.gif

Sorry I have to disagree with you. I prefer FearFest & Halloween to WinterFest & Christmas because:

1. I go broke every Christmas buying Christmas gifts for family, friends, etc. while Halloween doesn't cost me much.

2. I just LOVE horror movies, haunted castles, haunted trails, etc. Hence, I find FearFest most entertaining.

3. IF WinterFest returns, it'll be too cold to operate the vast majority of the rides.

But hey, we both love PKI and Hanna-Barbera. biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

rolleyes.gif

Edited by italianchef

I like Fear Fest, and had a blast this past season as it was the first that i was able to enjoy all the haunted attraqctions. However, I would prefer Winterfest over Fear Fest simply because it would mean that the park would be open in the winter when it woould not normally be open. True, not all the rides would be open, lie for FearFest, but they woould still have a couple rides open. What better way to cure the off season blues than a spin on Flight of Fear (if they have it open) or a ride on Scooby in the middle of December?

I would MUCH rather go to WinterFest than go to Fearfest thats all i gotta say about this subject tongue.gif

Sorry I have to disagree with you. I prefer FearFest & Halloween to WinterFest & Christmas because:

1. I go broke every Christmas buying Christmas gifts for family, friends, etc. while Halloween doesn't cost me much.

2. I just LOVE horror movies, haunted castles, haunted trails, etc. Hence, I find FearFest most entertaining.

3. IF WinterFest returns, it'll be too cold to operate the vast majority of the rides.

But hey, we both love PKI and Hanna-Barbera. biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

rolleyes.gif

Not me iam the KINDA guy that HATES Halloween i cant stand it i dont even go to Fearfest I think its a WASTE of money.....I like Christmas MUCH better People always seem more happy during Christmas time...Besides i need to Knock off my off Season Blues!!!!! cool.gif

Edited by Scooby_Doo

Yeah, WINTERfest would be cold since it is in the winter. When they used to have it, they did not have any coasters open. They had rides like the Carousel, the old smurf ride, the train ride, the Dodgems, and I believe the antique cars and a kiddie ride or two. In the survey a couple of months ago, some of the rides that they asked about opening included The Beast and Delirium. However, if the weather during Winterfest is as cold as it was today I definantly woould not want to ride either of those rides, and I probably wouldn`t want to ride anything else either and I bet most other people would agree. Just walking across campus today, my face started turning numb. Now if the weather was like it was on Saturday, the place would be swamped, probably.

I would ride FOF all day if it were open.

Funny quote from friend while talking about bringing back Winterfest.

Tyson: "They would probably have the train open."

Friend: "Where would they run it?".....

Tyson: "Uh... on the tracks that run between Rivertown and the Waterpark. Thats just a guess though."

Edited by beastfreak

Well what they did was, after the season was over they would be getting ready for Winterfest, ( during off-season maintenance). What they would do is decorate the Eiffel Tower to look like a Christmas tree, next they would deck out I-street in lights. For the icerink they would cover one section (like a red carpet type), then they would put in the water and let it freeze eventaully. Then the opening day for Winterfest. Donald (ExtremePKI owner) was able to fish out an old Winterfest postcard. if you go to the site, look in the park history EPKI look in park history

Edited by PKI_man

Like i said before i would Much rather go to WinterFest than Fearfest!

Winterfest to me has a certain Appeal to it Fearfest i have no Interest what so ever i dont like Halloween I DONT like being Scared so Winterfest is more of my kinda gig! biggrin.gif

I quite agree, but i do love getting scared from time to time. But i have not been to Winterfest @ all but i heard it was very magnificent.

Yes, I agree that the general park theming for FearFest was not grea this season. I think in part this is due because they made it free as well as "fright by night, fun by day." It seemed like they concentrated more on transforming the train ride into Pumpkin Patch Express and its theming than theming the park like they had done in past years. I missed the fog machines on the midway, as well as all the colored lights they had in Coney. I hop this season, they return some of the midway theming for FearFest`s fright portion. I also hope that they get at least one new or revamped haunt.

Now on topic, I think it would be cool if they brough back Winterfest. Not only because there would be the chance to hop on Flight of Fear in the middle of December, but because it would a unique opportunity to visit the park in the winter, posssibly with snow on the ground. Also, if they brought it back similar to the way it was before, the park will have a different type of atmosphere than it has during the normal operating season. I think, if done and advertised right, Winterfest can be just as popular as FearFest appeared to be this season. Of course FearFest`s popularity this year was due to pass holders geeting free, unlimited access to it. I hope they do the same for Winterfest if they bring it back. I believe that they used to do that when they had Winterfest.

I have never been to a winterfest because I was only about 5 when they did and my parents didn't know at the time they were raising a coaster freak, so I have a few questions.

1. Are there any rides open?

2. If there arent' any rides open, what is there to keep you entertained?

Yeah there are Rides open No coasters are open when i went back in the Early 90's or late 80's

They Had The Eiffel Tower with a Big Star on it with lights coming down

they had Ice Skating..The Merry-go-Round open

Hot COCO...The Smurfs ride was open then...i dunno if SDATHC would be open if they brought winterfest back but most likely cool.gif

They had the Smurf ride open, both carousels (the one behind the Eiffel Tower and the kiddie one in HBL), the Dodgems, and i also think that they had the train open. If they were to return Winterfest, I`d assume that they would have SDATHC open, as well as the Dodgems. They could also have TR_TR, FoF and the Paramount Action FX Theater open as they are heated, but I don`t know if they want to open up the whole park so guests can get to those rides. Also in a survey I took a while back, they asked if you would like to see the train, Delirium and The Beast open during Winterfest. That would be one frigid ride on The Beast!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Look at how Dollywood in Tennessee does a Harvest Fest then turns around and does a Christmas Fest a couple weeks later. They literally are hanging Christmas lights from the end of August through the Harvest fest but you don't notice it because the work goes on during off hours and days. I think Winterfest would draw a crowd, and be good for the merchandising (stores) in PKI. You could buy all your favorite Paramount and HB stuff and enjoy the lights and some rides like the train and indoor activities. They would probably beef up performances a little by maybe adding another venue for those. I'd love to see it come back.