Winterfest Returning?

TowerGuy

Yea i agree...the cost of decorating the whole park and stringing lights off of a 300+ foot tower would actually probably turn a profit. Plus the amount of employees needed to run certain rides, and the shops would probably work for free, so theres no money loss there. In all truth, you're right about the mass amount of profit, because since us employees are so dedicated we actually pay the park to work there. Its true, every two weeks instead of a paycheck i mail them about 300 dollars. So all in all, it would definitley turn over a huge profit.

Yea i agree...the cost of decorating the whole park and stringing lights off of a 300+ foot tower would actually probably turn a profit. Plus the amount of employees needed to run certain rides, and the shops would probably work for free, so theres no money loss there. In all truth, you're right about the mass amount of profit, because since us employees are so dedicated we actually pay the park to work there. Its true, every two weeks instead of a paycheck i mail them about 300 dollars. So all in all, it would definitley turn over a huge profit.

LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little "monkey" told me that, A trial run and return of WinterFest is planned for this year/winter. I hope its cool (or maybe warm is better!). I figure they can run the train, Ice skating again, shopping, and run most of the indoor rides. SDATHC, can become Santa Vs. the Grinch for Xmas

• 3 weeks later...

A little "monkey" told me that, A trial run and return of WinterFest is planned for this year/winter

Don't expect too much from this trial run.....it is really only going to be a "trial" for the people who are setting up/running the event so that they can be sure that they will be able to transform the park in less then a month next year. The park will probably not open during this trial.

• 2 weeks later...

It should be noted that the operating schedule in the past couple of years has never had the first weekend of November listed as operating days this early in the season. Secondly, this year Halloween I believe is on a Sunday, so if they were to be open in November, it would be one of the leatest first weekends in November possible.

• 15 years later...
On 12/17/2003 at 12:40 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

I highly doubt they won't make the Eiffel Tower into a Christmas tree if they bring it back.

Someone said that they prefer Winterfest to Fearfest.. I agree with the exception of the fact that not many rides will be open for Winterfest. I'd like to see them just expand the post-season until early November and reopen for Winterfest in Early December.

I wouldn't be too entirely surprised if Winterfest made an amazing return for 2004, but I assure you that I don't have any inside information, so take that for what it's worth.

I come from the future.

Cedar Fair will purchase Kings Island and WinterFest will return in 2017. Because of the innovations in technology, it will have over 5 million lights and the Eiffel Tower WILL be a giant tree again. And the event will cover most of the park.

• Like 2