Andrew's Trip Reports for the 2014 Season

Hoeter

April 17, 2014: Banshee Media Day

Date: 8/8/2013

Time: 10:00pm

It was a late Summer night in August 2013 with rain on the horizon. Hundreds of guests and coaster enthusiasts gathered in Action Zone to find out that a B&M inverted rollercoaster, long overdue for the park, would be joining Kings Island's diverse collection of rollercoasters as it's 15th. "When we look at the previous ride that was located in this area, it was imperative that we select a ride with a high thrill factor but more importantly one that would be dependable." said Greg Scheid, Vice President and General Manager of Kings Island

Fast forward to today- April 17, 2014. A cold morning hovering near freezing, only 48 hours after finding snow covering cars and trees, soon giving way to sunny skies, seasonable temperatures, and one of my most memorable visits to the park, BAR NONE. Did both B&M and Kings Island deliver on Greg's statement? My opinion is a resounding YES.

20140417_060332_zps8e438075.jpg

I arrived a tad after 6:00am to find a line for check-in that extended out past the picnic tables in front of the ticket windows. The front gate area got spruced up a bit during the offseason and looked amazing. The vibe I picked up this morning with those standing in line was absolutely ELECTRIC, so that even made me more pumped to get checked in and check out what was new for 2014! Took about a half hour or so to get checked in, but what was surprising was that everyone in attendance got a Banshee Media Day tee, a coupon for a free on-ride photo, and a glass Banshee paperweight- in addition to the complimentary breakfast, lunch, refreshments, and ice cream- I wasn't expecting the items, as the privilege to attend Media Day was more than enough but it's something that I genuinely appreciated and made my day, seriously.

Once I got checked in, I headed over to Banshee and took this opportunity to get some photos. When they said Banshee is a photographers dream, they aren't kidding! Action Zone, as a whole, got a lot of love this offseason, and looks AMAZING. Wow. Kudos to Kings Island and everyone involved for a job well done, especially during a Winter in which Mother Nature wasn't so kind.

20140417_065241_zpsd4da06dd.jpg

20140417_065428_zps8daa406b.jpg

20140417_065516_zps8556fdec.jpg

20140417_070036_zps65f696b3.jpg

20140417_070105_zps6b607869.jpg

20140417_093517_zps555a17cb.jpg

20140417_082145_zps7e78e9b5.jpg

I waited a little while for the sun to rise and warm things up a bit, as riding a roller coaster in temperatures right around freezing is beyond brutal- learned the hard way on Diamondback in its opening season. Once it got warm enough, I grabbed a locker to store my things in. Good thing about these lockers is that it's essentially $1 per hour and doesn't require a key to get in- which I thought was way nice. I originally punched in 2 hours (7:30am-9:30am) which led me to believe that it would still grant you access throughout the day and charge you for the final time used when all was said and done. Not the case. You have to swipe your card again/insert more money to extend the time or end the rental to gain access to your belongings This led to a Supervisor having to manually open my locker so that I could get my wallet and extend the time. A minor inconvenience, but now that I know how the system works, this moment forward I'm good to go.

Now that my belongings were stowed away securely, it was time to check out Banshee. I'm not gonna lie, the last time I rode a B&M Invert was 2009. The park was Universal's Islands of Adventure. Safe to say I didn't know what to expect as it's been awhile. The theming itself? Wow. Absolutely wow. Saw that they kept the O'Terpy headstone from the announcement in August which I thought was a nice touch. Kings Island really outdid themselves with Banshee and the entire refurbishment of Action Zone. I was beyond impressed. Wow. I was also interviewed during the day today by a reporter from The Cincinnati Enquirer, so there's a good chance that you'll be hearing my comments there as well.

The ride itself? Wow, again! That first drop is amazing, the different elements, and the feeling of picking up speed during the ride. This one is forceful. I was speechless when I got back to the station. Absolutely nothing short of amazing. Rode a total of 7 times today, including rides in rows 4 (2 rides), 7 (2 rides), 2 (2 rides), and 3 (1 ride). Out of all, the best experiences were in row 7. That drop...much more intense! In addition, I also got one ride in on The Bat in 7-1. I love the orange! Brings that ride back to life!

To summarize this day...wow! I had an absolute blast, and as I stated before this was one of my most memorable visits to the park. Huge thanks to Greg, Don, the entire Kings Island team, and the contractors/subcontractors involved in what I'm sure will be one of the most popular rides at Kings Island. Saw some familiar faces, met new people, and finally placed a face to some. Here's to an amazing 2014 season everyone!

• Like 13

April 18, 2014: Opening Day

Arrived to the park around 10:00am to find the line for the tolls almost back to the traffic light at Soak City Drive. Took a good 20 minutes or so to get to past the tolls, parked and headed towards the gate. The line to get into the park was back almost to the picnic tables. Yes, there were that many people here almost an hour and a half before the park opened. I wore my Media Day shirt and was approached by a handful of people asking me where I got it and if I liked the ride. I wasn't actually in the park itself until 11:45am. The line was moving slower than molasses and was to be expected, also given the new system installed at the front gates during the offseason.

This mostly for me was a people watching day. I did get rides in on Adventure Express and Red Racer, both 15 minute waits or less. Red Racer was a front seat ride. After this, I headed up to the tower and got some pictures- I saw Don up there doing the same. I remember 5 years ago that same day, that same line for Diamondback.

20140418_121044_zpsbexh1bit.jpg

20140418_121100_zpsryfrgdrm.jpg

20140418_131631_zpsqhv9dgxs.jpg

20140418_131636_zpswgvuhnia.jpg

20140418_131641_zpslur6r0hs.jpg

20140418_131651_zpshygtbtvh.jpg

20140418_131735_zps4mcx7lex.jpg

20140418_131748_zps8yfvmger.jpg

20140418_131751_zps7hfauqu9.jpg

20140418_132615_zpshsrumk9e.jpg

20140418_132639_zpsovfanalb.jpg

That last picture was the end of the line at that point. I left around 1:45pm, went back to the apartment and proceeded to get some much needed rest.

• Like 6

April 19, 2014: First Saturday of the Season!

Arrived around 4:45pm for a quick visit since I was out that way already. After hearing today was a lot better than Opening Day was, it was a no brainer for Round 3!

Today I got in rides on Adventure Express, Blue Racer, Firehawk, Diamondback, The Beast, and a night ride in Row 1 on Banshee. Waited no more than 45 minutes for each of these. I will have to say though, that I took my first Row 1 ride on Banshee. Wow. It was also a night ride as well. Absolutely impressive. The lighting package looks good!

20140419_210544_zps0l5pmj4l.jpg

20140419_210606_zpsycmyfgom.jpg

20140419_210621_zpsoj9yov43.jpg

20140419_210656_zpswn9cfuli.jpg

20140419_210714_zps4bcunb7x.jpg

20140419_210723_zpsyeegvfbi.jpg

20140419_210727_zpsbdjjadep.jpg

20140419_210734_zpscs3e31xb.jpg

20140419_210744_zpswaq3i2kp.jpg

• Like 9

April 25, 2014: Post Workweek Stress Relief

Arrived at the park just after 6:30pm. Coming from Amelia, I'd say that I made pretty decent time, being that I left the office at 6:00pm. Met up with Brian5475E and took the first ride of the night on Banshee in Row 8. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the back is the best on Banshee...the forces, the speed, just pure awesomeness. Waited 20 minutes for this first ride.

On my way up to the park, I learned from one of my friends on Facebook that Diamondback now has seatbelts. With this in mind, me and Brian headed over and got a ride in on Row 1, which was a 20 minute wait. This was probably the first time that I have put my hands up on this ride, the other 108 times I always held onto the lapbar. Still got a decent amount of airtime for the belt being there. Hell, I hardly even noticed it.

After this was a quick trip on Vortex in 5-1...love the ride but it was rougher than I recall. 1 train wait for 5-1 on Vortex.

The rest of the night consisted of Banshee. 2 more rides this evening with waits 25 minutes or less- one in Row 2 and one in Row 8 (both night rides)

Perfect end to a stressful workweek!

TODAY'S RIDE TOTALS: Banshee (3), Diamondback (1), Vortex (1)

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

May 4, 2014: May the Fourth Be With You (and may it be spent at Kings Island!)

I arrived at the park around 11:45am to find a decent sized parking lot. There were a lot of groups here today, and a lot of schools here for their after prom. Headed over to Action Zone and met up with NoChickens, Mrs. NoChickens, LoraX, The Devarious Effect, and countless others.

For the first time, I forget exactly what order things were done so I'll have a ride total at the end of the report! I met new faces today, which is good! We will definitely have to do this again!

Ate at the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. Food, of course, was delicious but the service left a lot to be desired. We had a party of 16 and it took us a little over an hour from when we were seated to when we were paying. This was absolutely unacceptable. Unnecessary time was taken from riding waiting on our food and them to figure out the check situation. Rarely ever do I complain on the forums but this really got under my skin.

Today's Ride Totals: Adventure Express (1), Banshee (1), Bat (2), Beast (1), Blue Racer (1), Vortex (2). Updated season totals in my signature.

• Like 4

We had a party of 16 and it took us a little over an hour from when we were seated to when we were paying.

An hour would have been acceptable for a group that size, but it was actually about 1 hour 45 minutes.

To be fair, their procedures aren't set up for groups of 16. There was only one server helping the table, and she had several other tables as well.

• Like 2

Although there are waiters and waitresses that plain out don't care and just do a bad job.. many of those workers deserve much more patience and respect than is given to them. Directed to people that often seem to have bad service and have never worked food service.

Yea I probably over exaggerated our experience at the Reds Grille a little bit. That'll happen when you are running on fumes from a lack of sleep the entire weekend.

With the size of our group (16), probably should have expected it to take that long. The server really busted her behind but like Malem said she had other tables as well...

May 9, 2014: Post Workweek Stress Relief and Banshee/Bat Night ERT

Arrived after work around 6:45pm to find a park that was almost dead. My kind of visit! I met up with my friend that I went to high school with and caught some rides with her for a little bit. Banshee in Row 8 was the first ride, 20 minute wait. Headed over to Diamondback and waited 15 minutes for a ride in Row 2. After this, me and her headed towards The Beast for her first ride in quite some time- 10 minute wait for first row. Vortex in 7-1 was up next, 5 minute wait for this one. Before she left, we got a ride in on Flight of Fear. My first ride on it this season, and very close to being a walk of shame. 30 minutes for the first row on this one.

She had to leave, so I headed to Racer and got a front row ride on Red. 10 minute wait. I met up with Zach, Lora, Melissa, and company over by Vortex and we got in a ride on Flight of Fear, my second of the evening and my second close shave with a walk of shame. 20 minute wait for round 2. Next up was The Bat-10 minute wait for this ride.

After this, it was all Banshee for the rest of the evening. Got in 4 more rides during the ERT with waits less than 20 minutes down to 5 minutes, hell even a walk on there towards the end. The evening was capped off with a ride in Row 8, which also was the last train of the night. $1 ice cream and $1 20oz drinks for the ERT event wasn't bad either. I hope Kings Island puts on more of these ERT events throughout the rest of the season!

Updated ride totals for the season, as always, in the signature below.

TODAY'S RIDE TOTALS: Banshee (5), Bat (1), Beast (1), Diamondback (1), Flight of Fear (2), Red Racer (1), Vortex (1)

Additionally, tonight I took my 50th all time ride on The Beast, my 110th all time ride on Diamondback, and my 15th all time ride on Banshee

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

May 12, 2014: The Park is Dead

Headed up after work for a little bit. Arrived at 6:45pm to find a park that wasn't busy at all. At first, I was debating coming out due to the 8pm close but because I had an errand in Monroe, I decided to swing by for a little bit, so this gave me a little over an hour to get some rides in. Met up with Brian5475E for a little bit.

Got 5 laps in on Banshee. At the end of the night, I was at 22 rides on the season. Waits less than 5 minutes, even walk on for some of the rides.

After this, headed over to Diamondback and got my first Row 16 ride in several years. Forgot how amazing that first drop is in the back seat. 5 minute wait. When we got off, it was 7:57pm so I figured if we hustled, we'd have enough time to get back to The Beast and get a ride in real quick. As we were walking up to the entrance, the employee put the trash can in front of the entrance, alas no ride. But I did get a lot of rides in in the hour and 15 minutes I was there!

May 17, 2014: My Buddy Rides Banshee

My buddy and his family decided to get Gold Passes for the 2014 season, so right after he purchased them he wanted me to go the park with him and his family and show him the park from an enthusiast point of view. We did that yesterday, and let me tell you, it was an amazing day even though it was the busiest that I've seen since Opening Day.

Arrived around 10:30am, met up with my buddy and his family while they were getting their passes processed. The line moved pretty quick for them, they were in and out in under 10 minutes. After this, we headed into the park. Lot of school groups here as there was an award ceremony for the Music in The Parks program. I went out to the car in the middle of the day and I actually lost count of how many busses there were out there. Quite a bit of them! It was actually quite chilly as well, which was an epic fail for me as I wore my "Hodor" t-shirt and my cargo shorts- Zach gave me that nickname several weeks ago as it's a play on my last name.

First, we headed towards Banshee. The line was almost to the Festhaus due to the fact that there was an employee at the entrance inspecting and informing people entering the line. I saw several people come to him when I was very close asking to enter the line to join their party which was already within the queue. Of course the answer was no and both people got upset at him for enforcing park rules. With the rain and the temporary closure of Banshee, we waited about 90 minutes to ride, in Row 8 of course. Wanted my buddy to ride here as this is my row of choice and the ride is much more intense here. I was in 84, he was right next to me. He loved the ride, but hated the zero-g roll.

Our group split up next, 2 of us did Adventure Express while me and my buddy did The Racer. 25 minute wait for a seat in the middle of the train. My buddy hasn't been on it in several years. He thorougly enjoyed it, but on several occasions he brought up the fact that he was super bummed that one side does not go backwards anymore. When we got off of The Racer, the other 2 were getting off of Adventure Express. Perfect timing.

The group made it's way to Flight of Fear next. I decided to sit this one out, as did my buddy, for his fear of getting the dreaded Walk-Of-Shame like I nearly did the week before. Me, him, and his Mom sat and chewed the fat back in X-Base while the other 2 waited in line for an hour and a half to ride. Firehawk also appeared to have almost a 2 hour wait during this time.

Next up was Vortex. We joined the line when it was out past Troika near Juke Box Diner. This line moved quickly as we waited no more than 45 minutes to ride. Rode in 7-1, first drop again took me by surprise. Shouldn't have, as I've been in that exact same seat for most of my rides this season. Painful and rough ride for me, but not for my buddy as early on he put his arms up next to his neck to eliminate any head banging. As always, it was enjoyable- not trying to diss Vortex or anything.

At this point, we were all getting hungry. The people in the group wasn't sure what they wanted, so I showed them how much value you get at the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. Started off with the mozzarella sticks, and finished with the Red Leg Burger. They were impressed with the quality of the food itself and the price as well. They are also highly considering getting the meal plan as well, as am I, but I'm on the fence at this point.

After we ate, we figured it would be best to calm down for a little while to allow the food to settle. We headed back to Dinosaurs Alive! which was my first time ever going back there. It's pretty neat back there I will say that, but it's not something I will do every time I visit the park. I was surprised how big it was back there. The sauroposeidon is huge! Took about 45 minutes to an hour to get through, start to finish.

At this point it was 7pm so our group definitely wanted to get rides in on The Beast and Diamondback before calling it a night. The Beast was first- we waited 90 minutes for a ride in the front row. My buddy commented that the ride felt faster than he ever remembered it. Amazing as always. It was just getting dark as we were riding, so no night ride on the books so far in 2014 for me. We finished with Diamondback, 45 minute wait for Row 10. It was dark at this point and very chilly, so it's safe to say I was freezing my you-know-what off when the ride was over.

An amazing day with great friends! Can't wait to get back out there with them again! I actually have on ride photos of me and my buddy on The Beast and Vortex and will share them as soon as the files are sent to me! Updated season totals in the signature below.

Until, next time...ride on!

• Like 3

May 18, 2014: Another Buddy Rides Banshee

Another one of my buddies texted me last night while I was in line for The Beast and asked me if getting a season pass was a good deal, to which I said absolutely. My pass for this year has already paid for itself, and it will pay for itself with a trip to Cedar Point in a few weeks, and possible stops to both Kings Dominion and Carowinds should I decide to do so. He hasn't been since the Paramount days so it's been quite some time. Today he took his first rides on both Diamondback and Banshee!

I arrived about 12:30pm or so to find a decent sized parking lot, similar to the one found yesterday. I had to park in the way out section today, in Adventure Express 20. That's near the end of the parking lot park side, near Great Wolf Lodge for those of you playing along. I met up with him and his girlfriend, and it only took a couple of minutes to process their passes.

First up was The Bat. 20 minute wait for 7-1. He hasn't been on this since it was Top Gun many years ago. Blew him away as to how fast and intense it is!

Second was Banshee. Line moved very quickly today as we waited only 25 minutes or so for Row 4. My buddy loved it. Had a smile on his face from the time we went down the first drop to the time we hit the brakes at the end of the ride. He heard me say good things about the ride so he wanted to check it out for himself.

Next up was Diamondback. 30 minute wait for this one. I wanted Row 2, as it's my go-to on this ride, but being the gentleman that I am, gave it to my friend so him and his girl could experience the ride with nothing but pure track in front of them. I took Row 3 which was an amazing ride as always.

Few of you know this, my Grandma was admitted to a long-term facility out off of Fields Ertel Road. I try to plan my visits to Kings Island around going to see her as it's only 5 or 10 minutes from the park. It's been a tough road for my family but everything is slowly but surely improving. For being in her mid-80's, her mind is still as sharp as a tack. I closed out today by going to visit her and now it's time to wind down from 2 days at the park before a long workweek including mandatory overtime.

Until next time...ride on!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

June 1, 2014: 25th Ride on Banshee

Since I went and spent some much needed time with Grandma this afternoon, I figured I'd make use of my pass since I was out this way. Plus it's been a few weeks since I've been out with mandatory overtime and some side projects I'm working on getting done before my trip up to Cedar Point later this week, and my trip to Tybee Island, Georgia with possible stops at both Carowinds and Kings Dominion late next week, I had one thing in mind for this evening: taking my 25th ride on Banshee.

Arrived around 6:30pm, and headed into the park where I met up with Lora, Zach, and company. They had just gotten off of Boo Blasters and we then headed to Kings Island Theater for the much-hyped "Cirque Imagine". It's a neat little show, and I was amazed by the performance itself. The acrobatics performed were absolutely astonishing. Halfway through the performance, one of the actors suffered an injury which resulted in a cancellation of the remainder of the show. I hope the young man recovers quickly, but from what I've heard, he left in good spirits. Ran into Ryan and talked with him a bit as well. I will definitely have to check this show out again in it's entirety next time I'm at the park.

After this, me and the group headed towards Banshee. Line wasn't too bad- waited only 20 minutes to ride in Row 2. Ride #25 (and every other ride for that matter) is just as good, if not better, than the first ride I took on Media Day back in April. Kings Island definitely has a winner in Banshee and it's a must ride anytime I visit the park.

After this, me and Zach headed off to chat a bit while Lora, Melanie, and them rode The Racer. We then headed to Dodgems where it was a 10 minute wait. Haven't been on that in years! I'm quite aggressive when it comes to Bumper Cars!

It was at this point that the rides were being shut down due to inclement weather in the area. The rides were closed for a good hour or so before being given the green light around 9:30pm. The park cleared out, and it was worth staying until close! In the last half hour, back to back (yes, same train) night rides on The Beast and a quick lap over on Diamondback during the fireworks. I've never had a walk-on night ride for The Beast, let alone riding the same train and switching seats. Amazing!

Short 4 day work week on the plate, and I will be headed up to Sandusky very early Friday for my first ever visit to Cedar Point, and my first ever Coastermania!

• Like 2

June 6, 2014: My First Ever Trip to Cedar Point and Coastermania!

This year I took the plunge and upgraded from a gold pass to a platinum pass with the goal of finally visiting Cedar Point. I've heard people rant and rave and say nothing but good things about Cedar Point, so I most definitely wanted to check it out for myself. Worked Thursday, drove up to Sandusky after work, and visited the park for over 12 hours yesterday on what I believe was an hour and a half of sleep...was it worth it? Hell yes it was.

I arrived at the park around 7:00am and waited in line for registration to Coastermania! The line itself was only 20 minutes or so but it moved quickly. One person in my group talked to Tony Clark a bit and we found out that Top Thrill Dragster was closed for the day due to mechanical issues. It happens, but I'll be able to ride it next time I'm there. I'm here for the first time, so today consisted of getting in as many rides as possible, while checking out the park itself.

First ride of the day was Gatekeeper. I rode this one in Row 8, which was about a 10 minute wait at the beginning of ERT. I've been wanting to check out one of these B&M wing coasters since the first one was built a couple of years ago. This ride was different but I was impressed. I loved the keyhole elements and the near misses it provides.

Next up was Millennium Force. Now I'm not going to lie, the height of this thing intimidated me almost to the point that I didn't want to ride but it's been on my "must ride" list for several years now so that went to the wayside. I thought that I definitely was going to take a Walk of Shame on this one but surprisingly I fit with room to spare. Waited 30 minutes and I rode this one in Row 3. Absolutely nothing short of amazing. That first drop...the speed...wow! I think I have a new coaster in my top 10.

At this point, we headed over towards Maverick. Along the way, we checked out the petting zoo attraction where we stopped along the midway and looked at the animals. Apparently, I had my back to the animals and was right next to the fence and I felt something tug on the back pocket to my cargo shorts. Thinking it was one of the people in my group trying to have fun, turns out it was one of the goats trying to get my attention. Definitely an awkward moment! We finally got to Maverick, waited 20 minutes for Row 1. That ride as well is now in my Top 10, the speed, that drop. Maverick is one intense ride. Intamins definitely pack a punch! Never been on any of their coasters until today.

After Maverick, we headed towards Gemini. Only red side was open, 10 minute wait. Rode this one in the very last row. Very intense, loved the headchoppers throughout the ride. You can tell this is an Arrow, and that Ron Toomer was involved because of the transitions. Fun ride, but some parts were downright painful. While we were over this way, we did a quick spin on Lake Erie Eagles which was a 2 cycle wait. First time riding the Flying Eagles. I loved it! Please bring them back to Kings Island.

Next...Magnum XL-200. Row 2 ride, waited 20 minutes. I loved it, decent airtime, but being a guy, those bunny hills coming back were downright painful. At this point, I broke off from my group to catch up with Devan, Lindzay, and company for a bit. Chatted awhile, and headed towards the train to get lunch at the Point Pavilion. The lunch was delicious...grilled chicken, ribs, brats, and mussels were the offerings. Also, got a decent sized box filled with a Cedar Point t-shirt, Cedar Point sweatshirt, sunglasses and a beer glass.

After lunch, I decided to take my gift out to the car. At this point, I decided to call Dee and see if they were in the park. They were over near Challenge Park so I decided to move my car from near the front gate over to the Soak City lot. The drive back there was beautiful as you drive past Mean Streak, Maverick, and the lift hill for Millennium Force. The lake is on one side, and the coasters are on the other. Very cool.

Another ride on Magnum XL-200 was on the plate. Decent airtime again, but those bunny hills were even more painful than the first lap. Lora snapped a picture of the on-ride photo, which if you've never ridden Magnum, is right towards the end of the ride after one of the bunny hills. Comedy gold. I should have purchased it! Row 1 with a 20 minute wait.

While we were over this way, we wanted to see if we all could fit on Woodstock Express. Kind of funny seeing 6 adults get in line for a kiddie coaster. Me, Dee, Rick, and Lora took the ol' Walk of Shame while Zach and Kaitlyn were able to ride. I didn't mind the Walk of Shame, as it gave the 4 of us that did bragging rights that we got turned away from a kiddie coaster! After all 6 of us were together, we did Gemini. Blue side was open so I hit that up as the last ride was on the red side. A whole lot smoother and it was much more enjoyable than the last trip. Seated in 3-1 for this ride, 10 minute wait.

Next up was Cedar Creek Mine Ride. Sat in 2-1 on this ride, 5 minute wait. This ride is something else. It opened in 1969, and the ride has the T-shaped restraints. I liked it and thought it was fun, but I prefer Adventure Express any day of the week over Cedar Creek Mine Ride. Also found it interesting that the ride op has to manually release your restraints. I'm assuming the ride was all manual when it opened in 1969? Corkscrew was the same way, manual restraints. That one opened in 1976 and I'm thinking this same ride was manual as well as well as Gemini. Both are now computer controlled from what I saw.

At this point, we were informed by Malem that they are allowing people to wait standby for the cruise around Lake Erie in case they don't have enough people in line to send out a full ferry. We took the train from Frontiertown to the Millennium Force area and headed towards the Marina Gate. I didn't bring this up earlier but the train actually has theming! I loved it! Something Kings Island needs! Skeletons, fire, gunshots...would be nice to see this at Kings Island. A quick trip on the Matterhorn and then we headed out towards the Marina. We ended up being able to go on the 5:00pm cruise due to the amount of people that were waiting in line. Interesting perspective from the water. Pictures below for your viewing pleasure.

Back from the cruise, our group decided to hit up Raptor. I was actually interested in seeing if this ride was better than Banshee. I've heard both yes and no to that but I prefer Banshee any day of the week over Raptor. I enjoyed the ride, and it packs that 90's B&M punch as inverted coasters were fairly new to B&M in 1994. It was definitely just as intense as Banshee, but the elements themselves? Banshee, I believe, is the clear winner here. Rode in Row 3, 15 minute wait. Great ride, especially the cobra roll.

I split up from Dee, Rick, Lora, and them for a little while and got in rides on Blue Streak (Row 1), Iron Dragon (7-1), and Corkscrew (3-1). Everything but Iron Dragon was a walk-on, Iron Dragon was around a 10 minute wait. All three were good rides. If only The Bat was as long as Iron Dragon and kept the same speed...

I headed towards Mantis. Never have been on a stand-up coaster before but always have wanted to do it. Tight fit to say the least but it was not a Walk of Shame. The seatbelt fastened but was too uncomfortable for me to enjoy the ride, I voluntarily walked on this ride. Wait was a walk on for those who did participate.

Last ride of the night was on Mean Streak. Front row seat, walk on. I'm in the minority as most people that I talked to yesterday couldn't stand the ride.

At this point, I headed back to the cabin for some much needed relaxation. Physically and mentally I was drained and could not handle anymore. I literally passed out as soon as I hit the bed- I was that tired. 14 hours in the park, operating on an hour and a half of sleep, again without a doubt was definitely worth it! Until next time...ride on!

20140606_073440_zps4ya1pli4.jpg

You text a Cincinnati area phone number if you have a problem with the restroom...same for all Cedar Fair parks?

20140606_172501_zpsuqtzz0pe.jpg

IMG_20140607_222403_zpsdt9q9hhp.jpg

IMG_20140607_222438_zpschxyt7un.jpg

IMG_20140607_222512_zpsuy4icw4i.jpg

• Like 4

Did the train at KI ever have more theming? I always thought it used to, but I've realized recently that I may be confusing it with the one at Cedar Point.

I was surprised to learn last I rode the train at KI that some of the scenery there has been in use since the park opened. Which is pretty cool.

Did the train at KI ever have more theming? I always thought it used to, but I've realized recently that I may be confusing it with the one at Cedar Point.

I was surprised to learn last I rode the train at KI that some of the scenery there has been in use since the park opened. Which is pretty cool.

Yes it did, It was themed in the Western Era to fit with Rivertown since it was themed western too. But Heck it's been over 20 years since the KI&MVRR had theming.

I think they have moved Pikachu a time or two. I think it was on the train for a while. Maybe it's find Pikachu game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the double post. Meant to edit the other post.

• Like 1