Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I was so sad to see Banshee Construction Thread locked lol but now I have somewhere else to hang out and chat. We are about to leave to get my friend and head to the park.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 1

You all know that concrete area they put up next to Delirium behind Ice Cream Zone? Whoever said extended queue line area deserves a prize. That's what it is

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 5

^That was me. Thank you! Where do I collect my prize? :D

I said it in another thread but...if you aren't already at the park today, don't even waste your time going. I left at 1:15 and there was a long line to get through the parking tolls. Then another hugeeeee line to get through the front gate. This part seemed to be going veryyy slowly. Not sure if they're having problems with a new system or if it's just new employees. I'd say ~20-30 minute wait to get through the gates. The line for Banshee goes to the backside of the tower. A (relatively accurate) guess would put the wait at around 4 hours from where it was just after 1 today. That's if there's no downtime. The line is definitely longer than Diamondback had on its Opening Day.

I decided to leave the park today. It wasn't worth it to stay. All of the rides were running slower and had very long waits. Diamondback was just over an hour, Beast was an hour plus, Vortex around 20 minutes. Definitely one of the most crowded regular operating days I had seen.

• Like 3

I was out there for a little bit. Got in one ride on Red Racer and Adventure Express. Those lines weren't too bad. Diamondback had all switchbacks full with the line extending almost to the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. Beast had a line out by the games, not sure if all switchbacks were being used for that.

When I left (1:45pm) there was still a line to get in the park and the line to get to tolls was back past the Soak City Drive traffic signal. Busy day for sure.

^That was me. Thank you! Where do I collect my prize? :D

I said it in another thread but...if you aren't already at the park today, don't even waste your time going. I left at 1:15 and there was a long line to get through the parking tolls. Then another hugeeeee line to get through the front gate. This part seemed to be going veryyy slowly. Not sure if they're having problems with a new system or if it's just new employees. I'd say ~20-30 minute wait to get through the gates. The line for Banshee goes to the backside of the tower. A (relatively accurate) guess would put the wait at around 4 hours from where it was just after 1 today. That's if there's no downtime. The line is definitely longer than Diamondback had on its Opening Day.

I decided to leave the park today. It wasn't worth it to stay. All of the rides were running slower and had very long waits. Diamondback was just over an hour, Beast was an hour plus, Vortex around 20 minutes. Definitely one of the most crowded regular operating days I had seen.

Opening on Good Friday was a stroke of genius...though, even though I have the ability to go today, wouldn't be caught dead around a crowd like that. Too many people...

http://youtu.be/0P_HKQGq730

OK I just want to say the Banshee shriek is annoying already. After listening to it for 2 hours straight now, yeah.... it's annoying

While I was waiting in line I recorded this...

Banshee view Kings Island opening day:

Let me know if that works...

• Like 7

For whomever asked for it yesterday, here is a picture of the cars on The Bat. Disappointed there is no logo on the front car of the trains.

5y5ene2e.jpg

• Like 5

Did Diamondback get seatbelt this season? I rode Intimidator for the first time this season and no seatbelts. The seatbelt rumor still persists but I am starting to doubt it.

I'm in line for it now, will let ya know if I don't get beaten to it.

Edit: sorry for double posting

• Like 1

^ nope. They are very strict about loose articles though. Hats must be held, sunglasses/glasses worn or held, flip flops must be left, everything else goes in a locker before you even enter the ride.

• Like 2