Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

LongLiveTheSmurfRide and Gemini XL-200: You DID go by a the pretzel place, Tower Drinks, Festhaus, and the Ice Scream place and could have gotten something :)

Forgot to mention that we did get a Banshee soft serve cone. With the gold pass discount it was $4.47 (I believe) and was about half the size of last year's. Not sure if that's the size they're going with this year or if it was a training issue, but that's how large they seemed to be for everyone.

At the Chicken Shack they showed combo prices of $13.99 for 3 tenders, fries and a drink or $14.99 for 4 tenders. They didn't show individual item prices so they either weren't available or they were just really pushing the combos. Noticed that at the Festhaus as well. Combo prices but no individual prices, except for some sides.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I don't know usernames but... Did anyone pick up my souvenir cup I left on the table for night ride on Banshee?

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

LongLiveTheSmurfRide and Gemini XL-200: You DID go by a the pretzel place, Tower Drinks, Festhaus, and the Ice Scream place and could have gotten something :)

Forgot to mention that we did get a Banshee soft serve cone. With the gold pass discount it was $4.47 (I believe) and was about half the size of last year's. Not sure if that's the size they're going with this year or if it was a training issue, but that's how large they seemed to be for everyone.

Yes! I'm glad someone else caught this too. My wife and I were standing in line for a Banshee twist cone after riding, and we were looking at the size of the cones people were being handed and we were both like, "What in the world?" It was like cones from Dollar Days or something. I was like, that's not $5 worth of ice cream! My wife said she'd send it back and tell them to put more ice cream on that cone if they handed one to her that size. Luckily, we got someone who actually made a decent sized cone, but some of the cones we saw being handed out were just sad and pathetic. At $4.59 for a regular cone and $5.59 for a waffle cone, they had no business skimping on the ice cream like they were today.

• Like 6

So is it true that the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme no longer plays in the Adventure Express queue? Anybody notice any other general park improvements or changes?

Not sure what was going on today, but there was no music or sound effects on Adventure Express at all. None in the queue and none on the ride. The final tunnel with the natives was completely silent. No music, talking or anything. Not sure if it was just when we rode it, or if it was like that all day. We were on it probably around 6 or 6:30.

^That sucks about Adventure Express. Hopefully they fix that soon.

So for souvenir cups this year, is it the same as last year where you have to purchase the current years to get it refilled for a discounted rate? Or can you bring in older souvenir cups? I have like 50 at my house lol

• Like 1

List of rides I rode at Kings Island Opening Day 2014:

1. Banshee- 1x

2. Vortex- 1x

3. The Racer- 1x

4. Adventure Express- 1x

5. Grand Carousel- 1x

6. Delirium- 1x (at night)

7. Viking Fury- 1x

8. The Bat- 3x (at night)

Drop Tower would've been on this list but unfortunately it was closed.

Anyways, I had an awesome time at Kings Island with my grandma, step-mom, and sister. We waited in line for 4 hours! I even got a free Banshee shirt! After we got off, we talked with Don Helbig and Greg Scheid to tell them that we loved the ride and hope to ride it again soon. We got to the park at 9:40 a.m. and left at 9:58 p.m. One of the best visits I've ever had there! :)

• Like 6

Despite the traffic, my platinum pass not working, my souvenir cup online purchase not working and a 5 hour wait for Banshee I had a great day and am still wired from the day's events. Did anyone buy the souvenir hot sauces and if so are they any good?

Also does anyone else think OSHA is going to take issue with temporary queue under Banshee? It was neat to get that close to the supports when you aren't on an offseason tour but I don't think the designers had that in mind!

At the Chicken Shack they showed combo prices of $13.99 for 3 tenders, fries and a drink or $14.99 for 4 tenders. They didn't show individual item prices so they either weren't available or they were just really pushing the combos. Noticed that at the Festhaus as well. Combo prices but no individual prices, except for some sides.

You should be able to buy individual items. I know you can at Hank's, which also only gives combo prices on the menu board.

I'm not trying to bash on anybody or anything, but is this thread really necessary? Isn't Kings Island 2014 discussion what this entire section of threads is for?

This. Yes. This thread is redundant to the entire forum. This reminds me of when someone went into the "Rumors" section and tried to start the "Super Duper Rumor Thread".

• Like 1

Someone must have?

Terp, doing what he does.

Yep, Lora X's daughter grabbed it for me :D I had a great day. PTR tomorrow. I am sunburned and exhausted.

adadu7yp.jpg

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 8

So is it true that the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme no longer plays in the Adventure Express queue? Anybody notice any other general park improvements or changes?

Not sure what was going on today, but there was no music or sound effects on Adventure Express at all. None in the queue and none on the ride. The final tunnel with the natives was completely silent. No music, talking or anything. Not sure if it was just when we rode it, or if it was like that all day. We were on it probably around 6 or 6:30.

It was like that around 12:30 when I rode, no music or sound effects. Additionally, Racer queue does not have FunTV.

You should be able to buy individual items. I know you can at Hank's, which also only gives combo prices on the menu board.

I'm not trying to bash on anybody or anything, but is this thread really necessary? Isn't Kings Island 2014 discussion what this entire section of threads is for?

This. Yes. This thread is redundant to the entire forum. This reminds me of when someone went into the "Rumors" section and tried to start the "Super Duper Rumor Thread".

*Looks around and hides away* :ph34r:

• Like 5