Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I would be really impressed with Kings Island if they brought back the multicolored drapes that used to hang in the Festhaus. But with the removal of the glock, I doubt the drapes will make a return.

http://KICentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=10&pid=3004#top_display_media

So wait the glockenspiel was completely removed? Or just not rehabbed?

Who knows, it could be getting restored as we speak, but I haven't heard anything from the park. I haven't been to KI yet but judging by oldiesmann's pic at the top of the last page the clock has been completely removed.
  • Like 2

I think they shouldn't allow Fast Pass for new rides on opening day, that would be a simple solution to several problems. Along with taking multiple shirts, it seemed like the ride ops would always let the Fast Lane people fill up the trains first, and then go to the regular line. This really slowed it down for everyone else. I got in line at 10 PM last night and there was no more Fast Lane. The line went a lot quicker!!

Eh, if I go to a park on opening day and spend money to get a Fast Lane or Fast Pass or a front of the line system, then I want it then. The multiple shirts thing is a bummer. It sucks. But the Fast Lane riders paid good money and they get their money's worth.

I would be really impressed with Kings Island if they brought back the multicolored drapes that used to hang in the Festhaus. But with the removal of the glock, I doubt the drapes will make a return.

http://KICentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=10&pid=3004#top_display_media

So wait the glockenspiel was completely removed? Or just not rehabbed?

Who knows, it could be getting restored as we speak, but I haven't heard anything from the park. I haven't been to KI yet but judging by oldiesmann's pic at the top of the last page the clock has been completely removed.

No more Festhaus clock :(

10273442_794129932154_324608649862672862

Man, I didnt see that picture. What a shame. Here is hope that it gets returned to greater glory :)

• Like 7

Too bad we didn't have a "KICers think the darnedest things" thread because I thought of something really dumb today. While walking off The Bat I realized that the queue line on the left isn't part of FD/Bats queue. It's SOBs. Don't know why I ever thought it was for The Bat it's nowhere near the actual queue. Or on the right side for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Since it still didn't operate today, I'm starting to wonder if maybe Drop Tower will get a fresh coat of paint before weekday hours start up. It kinda sticks out now with it's fading colors and 90's checker board look. I know they are two completely different machines, but it only took a few days to repaint Delirium so hey who knows.

• Like 7

WindSeeker had the hiccups when I was there tonight. It was open briefly, so I took a ride on it after I had gotten off of Vortex. Near the end of the ride when we were still about 10 feet above the ground, it stopped. It stayed that way and did not move for about 3 minutes until maintenance restarted it and brought us back down safely. I thought it was very interesting, and even fun, for I had never gotten stuck on a ride before until tonight. What an interesting experience I had on WindSeeker! :D

After I had gotten off, WS was down for the rest of the night, except for it was testing quite a few times including during the fireworks. I wasn't able to get a fireworks ride on WindSeeker like I hoped, but I instead got a fireworks ride on Vortex! Better yet, it was my 230th ride on Vortex, so it was an amazing way to celebrate!

• Like 6

List of rides I rode at Kings Island on 4/19/2014:

1. Banshee- 2x (at night)

2. The Bat- 1x (at night)

3. Firehawk- 1x (at night)

4. Flight of Fear- 1x (at night)

Me and my grandma got to Kings Island at 8:00 p.m. and left at 10:35 p.m. We waited in line for Banshee for 20 minutes and were able to ride in the front seat on the purple train, went to The Bat and got right on, came back to Banshee and waited 15 minutes and rode the green train in the fifth car, rode Firehawk, and then we finally rode Flight of Fear. It was an awesome day even though we were only there for 2 and a half hours. We wore our Banshee first rider shirts so if you saw us leave a comment. By the ways, I'm tall with short brown hair and my grandma is short and has white hair. She was wearing a coat with her Banshee shirt.

P.S.

Banshee is better at night than The Beast is. Just saying...

• Like 4

I noticed that all the Peanuts characters and lights on the trees near the Eiffel Tower are gone (the little Charlie Brown shirt signs saying stay off the grass are still there). It was really dark without all that there. I wonder if they plan on putting them back up?

I hope not.

• Like 2

I noticed that all the Peanuts characters and lights on the trees near the Eiffel Tower are gone (the little Charlie Brown shirt signs saying stay off the grass are still there). It was really dark without all that there. I wonder if they plan on putting them back up?

I hope not.

They will not. The Starlight Spectacular has thankfully been retired.

If you're going to build an "attraction" that is nothing more than decorations, don't let said decorations get faded and horrible.

• Like 5

The Starlight Spectacular has thankfully been retired.

Oh, really? You wouldn't know that by listening to the PA system. On Friday evening, the PA system was advertising the Starlight Spectacular. If it's gone, they should remove the ads for it from the system.

• Like 7

Oh, really? You wouldn't know that by listening to the PA system. On Friday evening, the PA system was advertising the Starlight Spectacular. If it's gone, they should remove the ads for it from the system.

Per this interview with Don, it's run its course.

http://kifansite.com/2013/12/don-speaks-live/

• Like 2

Those drapes are from the 2005 Winterfest, they were left there for the next season. I also agree they were really nice and could use a comeback.

• Like 2

Per this interview with Don, it's run its course.

http://kifansite.com/2013/12/don-speaks-live/

I'm glad of it, it just looked stuck there, as if someone forgot to put their crappy decorations in storage.

Speaking of Peanuts, I spent some solid time through Planet Snoopy- they didn't add anything new, but it all looked so great. It was grand to see the boys my niece was watching ride the log flume as I did at that age. There's really a lot of rides there, too. I can see why it wins Golden Doohickeys.

• Like 5

It's a great day for a Diamondback ride. Three days at Kings Island this season and haven't ridden it yet. That I must fix.

Terp, who didn't get to ride Diamondback for months after it opened, and who on opening day 2oo9 was allowed to ride Train, Tower and Carousel...and did the first two...little did he know just two years later on opening day he'd ride Diamondback and head home to pack to move to the ATL...and five years later would be a District resident...life changes...and it's about to change drastically...again.

• Like 10