Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I too have heard it. It is because the first drop is steep and if the restraints were to fail you would die. Technically Lora did state her source so how she violated TOS I would love to know... but whatever when it happens she can just say told ya so.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 1

I too have heard it. It is because the first drop is steep and if the restraints were to fail you would die. Technically Lora did state her source so how she violated TOS I would love to know... but whatever when it happens she can just say told ya so.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

If you somehow know something before the public does, you shouldn't release that information.

Also, I don't see how the restraints could just randomly fail in the middle of the ride. It just doesn't happen.

• Like 2

But restraints CAN and DO fail....

As was the case with Texas Giant, which is why Diamondback needs seat belts. There is a chance... and before someone says it YES I know they are two completely different ride types and manufacturers. Doesn't matter. It could happen on any ride. If you're worried about the seat belts changing the experience, don't ride ever again. If you are worried about not fitting with the addition of seat belts, make necessary life changes to fit. That simple

• Like 1

^^I'm calling BS on that. Yes, I'm sure that a sack of potatoes would sit in the seats...except there are one or two points I see that not holding true. Besides that, that's an inanimate object. Humans, and the variables they bring, change things. There's a very slim chance a train of 32 riders returns to the station with 32 riders if the restraints fail unexpectedly during the ride.

^It really depends on the restraint system (something I obviously know nothing about). What are the mechanisms keeping the restraints locked? How many fail safe systems are a part of the restraints? How do these work? What would it take for them to fail?

I think if we simply look at how long B&M has been building hypercoasters and how many of their restraints have failed in that time, we'll learn whether seatbelts would be needed.

Also, isn't there a thread for this in the Rumors board?

B&M Hypercosters have been a "thing" since March 27th, 1999- the date Apollo's Chariot opened. So far, only two noteworthy incidents- a bird being crashed into at the bottom of Apollo's first drop ON OPENING DAY, and a girl dying from heart conditions after riding Raging Bull @ SF Great America. Seat belts would have prevented neither of those, and no one has ever been tossed from any B&M Hyper in their 15-year run. In fact, B&M has an outstanding safety record so far across ALL models- part of the reason Cedar Fair is in love with them.

Also just realized- it's been 15 years since the first B&M Hypers opened!?!? They still feel so new and modern though... :P

• Like 6

Today was an EXTREMELY AMAZING TRIP. We got to the park at 10:30 and were about 4th in line to get into the park. When it finally opened it was like the Hunger Games to get to Banshee. People were literally sprinting to it. My dad and I waited about 15 minutes to ride it the first time. We were in the purple train row 8 seat 1 and 2 (I was in 2) and it was truely the most amazing ride I had ever ridden. Being in the back it was super fast anyway. After that we headed to The Bat and sat in the back on it too, having got a small headache after riding as well. Well being the true genius that I am, I decided to next go on Invertigo and Delirium with a headache. Invertigo added a stomachache to the party and Delirium just killed me. We decided to get some water and head back to the car to eat. I felt a little better after some lunch and decided to go back in for a ride on Diamondback. It seemed really rough compared to normal. We tried to slow things down with a nice train ride after Diamondback but sadly it was closed. So we decided to head over to The Beast. As my tradition I sat in the front and had one of the smoothest rides on The Beast ever! We then went to Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Dinosaurs Alive, which I had never been to before. We decided then to just go back to Banshee where we only waited 8 minutes. This time we sat in green train row 8 again seats 3 and 4 (I sat in 4) Another fast, awesome ride. I figured since the line was so small that I'd go again. So we went straight from the gift shop straight into the line again. This time green train row 7 seat 3. A computer glitch occured and we were stuck on the break run for about 12 minutes. After we got off I decided to get myself a Banshee T-Shirt because they were cheaper than the on-ride photos. We finished our day off with another ride on Diamondback and The Beast. An amazingly spectacular first trip to Kings Island. I can't wait to go again!

Here's my new shirt BTW

picture000_zps7fd353b6.jpg

• Like 12

^ There's also a PTR board *cough* *cough* not that I care.

Seriously though this is an anything KI related thread so who cares what is posted as long as it is KI related?

• Like 1

I think if we simply look at how long B&M has been building hypercoasters and how many of their restraints have failed in that time, we'll learn whether seatbelts would be needed.

Deductive reasoning:

Hypercoaster is Diamondback

Diamondback is at Kings Island

Kings Island has a fan-base

That fan-base has created KICentral

KICentral has the Kings Island thread

Kings Island thread has a topic called "Kings Island 2014 Discussion"

Kings Island 2014 Discussion is where people can talk about anything concerning Kings Island, in 2014, whether it be rumors, etc.

BB1, just helping out, one post at a time.

2014 is going to be an amazing year, new coaster and a new dining plan, which I may use, it can shape up to be a great year. (Oh, and my first visit to RHOF & my first blue ice cream)

• Like 6

just message me. Thanks!

Just message HR, HR has the answers, as do the managers of your division :)

I also suggest that you don't talk about any staff how should I put it.............gatherings on KIC either.

• Like 1

Deductive reasoning:

[...]

And stop right there.

KICentral is all about discussing Kings Island. In fact so much discussion of Kings Island occurs at KICentral that they have multiple sections of the forums and thousands of threads for you to discuss in, depending on the specific topic of what you want to discuss. They have it set up like this because trying to discuss everything in one thread would make discussions difficult, if not impossible, to follow.

Therefore, I'll say it again: This thread is COMPLETELY redundant to the entire KICentral forums and therefore pointless. If I was an admin, I would have locked this thread on sight when I first saw it.

• Like 2

Deductive reasoning:

[...]

And stop right there.

KICentral is all about discussing Kings Island. In fact so much discussion of Kings Island occurs at KICentral that they have multiple sections of the forums and thousands of threads for you to discuss in, depending on the specific topic of what you want to discuss. They have it set up like this because trying to discuss everything in one thread would make discussions difficult, if not impossible, to follow.

Therefore, I'll say it again: This thread is COMPLETELY redundant to the entire KICentral forums and therefore pointless. If I was an admin, I would have locked this thread on sight when I first saw it.

The admins are aware of this thread.

It is not locked.

Ipso Facto Ergo Kumquat...

• Like 6

(To Jc)Hey, I tried to state what you are stating, and I agree with what you are saying, but let me try to sum it up like this: No matter what you say, there is always someone who will go and do it yet again, even though it makes the forums into a speil of flame wars and endless, almost mindless discussion of little minor things that COULD evolve into what we saw as Decoding, AKA Getting no where fast. Mind you too, that Admins check when they need to, and they, like Terp said, are aware of it. So if they deem it good, let it be, we don't know where it will go, let's just bear with this. May your ideas be right? Possibly, but again, we should make sure not to start flame wars from little ideas and posts, may they be right? Possibly again, it is an unknown.

Again I agree 100%, on both sides I might add, but then again, from what I have seen, and getting a tad bit of flack for what you are talking about from other mediums, and this medium at that matter. I must add, it isn't an issue, or something of the sort in this area; therefore I try to state some of the things that I see, in which I try to be neutral as possible now.

But, mind you of another POV on the topic. The fine line that really defines it, yet breaks all discussion. The term "2014", it basically permits people to discuss their ideas on the time frame itself. Yet, I would have re-worded, as I almost made a topic of this for the final week, "2014 expectations". Other than that, this topic will fall right back into the black void that we saw last year, which I cannot stand to see any more.

Please, for the sake of our community, don't start another flame war. Let's keep calm and have a Snickers.

(Snickers is a trademarked title, therefore it should always be capitalized)

Deductive reasoning:

[...]

And stop right there.

If you think this thread is redundant, then don't open it, read it, or post in it.

What if I don't like Snickers bars? :)

Then either suck up the bad flavors and eat it anyways, or just don't eat a Snickers (similar to how you should react to this topic).

I know this probably came off a lot more rude than I intended it to...

• Like 2