Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Hey. Just wanted to put out a quick reminder to all associates that we shouldn't be discussing park issues or complaining. HR is always on this site and they can easily track it. If anyone has any questions, just message me. Thanks!

OK fyi the employee who told us was one at the park and did not tell us over the site and AFAIK is not even on this site. I didn't even catch the name nor did Lora nor did her daughter and even if we did we wouldn't give that info out. Believe it or not we will find out very soon. Can we move on from this now please?

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 2

I should have said "Carl". Only some would understand why that answer is funny. However with the panties in a wad, people would have sought for a Carl that works at Kings Island.

To clarify I am fairly certain said employee is not Carl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well, I will have to give ethos to what he is saying, a few posters have been asking employment questions here, and that should stay off KICentral Forums.

BB1, hoping that Carl doesn't work at the Dippin' Dots booth.....

• Like 1

It appears I missed something....

Anyways, visited the park on Saturday for a couple of hours, headed straight to Action Zone to check out all the changes, and saw Banshee had a "short" wait so i got right in line. I honestly wasn't expecting to ride Banshee because I didn't have too much time at the park, but I'm glad I got there when I did, waited for just over an hour and I was on. Anyways, the ride exceeded my expectations, it's awesome, I loved it! It's my new favorite at the park.

Other notes:

- Action Zone updates look great and so did the rest of the park

- Loved the Chicken Shack

- Saw a band roaming around, also saw many characters out and about, hope this streetmosphere lasts into the regular season and wasn't just opening weekend stuff

One negative from my visit...:

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.

I honestly hope it will be replaced by a new, better dark ride in the near future. It is looking horribly rundown, lots of effects weren't working, wallpaper peeling, and the last half of my ride the music went off and it was just awkward silence with sound effects thrown in.

I think the whole retheme in 2003 was done lazily (minus the front facade), and it would be nice to have another high quality dark ride occupy the building again soon, preferably a non-shooter. Also one last thing..........

While I think overall I like Fun TV, putting TVs inside Boo Blasters queue looks horribly out of place and just ruins the theme. I know this isn't Disney World, but the line was still fun and kind of set up the 'spooky' feel, with lightning and thunder, etc. Now there are TVs inside the "castle" and pop music being played in line.

Honestly though, that was the only negative from my trip, I still had a great time and the rest of the park looks awesome. It's going to be a great season!

• Like 10

Boo Blasters did need a bit of care towards it. It has never looked that great to me, but numerous times it seemed the targets weren't working then would turn on right as you were passing by. And the skeleton room was silent and motionless with no working target until we started going out of it then everything turned on. However the guns (at leas the ones in our car, #4) seemed to be working better than they ever have.

And I agree about the TVs in the queue, ruins the atmosphere of it entirely. That or at least put more fitting songs on it than pop stuff. They had Demi Lavato's version of Let It Go playing while we were in line. Completely opposite sounds and visual for a haunted house.

Also I'm not sure if they are still doing some work on it or what but Flight of Fear could use some care too. The TVs in the queue weren't on and only a few of the lighting effects, nothing inside the ship seemed to be working just low lighting to be able to sit but all the colored lights were off. You could even hear the train launching out in the queueline since there was no sound.

• Like 3

^ I'm getting sick of all the Pop music blaring throughout the park! I thought it was bad enough hearing it in all the various areas, now it's inside the rides too? I know Boo Blasters was one of the more generic of the "themed" rides, but at least it was something. I do not want to hear Pop music inside Boo Blasters while I'm waiting.

My wife and I were in the very end of the line for Banshee on Friday back towards the Eiffel Tower on International Street and we were listening to the various songs playing and we were reminiscing about when they used to play instrumental music that made that area feel epic. Then as we moved through the line into different areas of the park and then finally into Action Zone, the music never changed once. They were pumping the same songs through the entire park. No variation or anything. It just makes me sad really. The atmosphere of the different areas of the park feel no different than if you were sitting in your car listening to the radio. It's a shame really. Now to hear that they're pumping this mess into the 'inside' ride queues too? It's just sad to hear.

• Like 11

I may just be going crazy, but wasn't there a day that was scheduled as a private event but no longer is? I'm planning out my weekend and want to make sure that day wasn't this Sunday April 27th. I'd imagine they would have changed that on the operating hours calendar but I just want to make sure.

KI posted on their Facebook page about this weekend's schedule. They said that Sunday is closed for a private event.

• Like 3

I may just be going crazy, but wasn't there a day that was scheduled as a private event but no longer is? I'm planning out my weekend and want to make sure that day wasn't this Sunday April 27th. I'd imagine they would have changed that on the operating hours calendar but I just want to make sure.

KI posted on their Facebook page about this weekend's schedule. They said that Sunday is closed for a private event.

Thanks. I don't do the Facebook. I'm too busy yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

• Like 10

My few observations from opening day:

Banshee did have a few hiccups early in the day (blown wheel on the brake run, out of whack sensor), by the time I rode it again later in the day, the crew was really on top of things busting tail to get the trains out quickly. There were also supervisors there to prevent the ride ops from just emptying the FL+ que for each train.

I gladly paid for a FL+ wristand and it was well worth it. I wasn't really interested in waiting several hours for Banshee, let alone much else!

Having eaten at the Chicken Shack for Media Day, I wasn't a fan. The tenders are too thick, soggy and dont feature very crispy breading. For the price they're charging, it isn't worth it. I'll happily head to Chic Fila if I want my fried chicken fix or Potato works (their tenders are much better IMO).

As for Boo Blasters--at least the scene with the skeleton chasing the man was working! haha! My gun seemed to work just fine.

Adventure Express had a fallen tree branch on the track when I first tried to ride it. It was up and running later in the day, but didn't have any effects running. If the Indy theme is no longer being played, interesting that the Star Trek the Next Generation theme still plays on WindSeeker.

All in all, a fun Media Day and Opening Day at the park, with the A Kid Again event squeezed in between them. I got 30 rides on Banshee throughout the whole time and I personally like any 'outside' seat. The inside 2 seats seem a bit claustrophoic to me for some reason.

• Like 1

I had the Chicken Shack for both media day and Scream for a Kid Again. During media day it wasnt very good. However, during Scream for a Kid Again it was excellent. The difference was it being crispy at night and soggy during the day.

• Like 1

I almost never buy food in the park anymore. Way too expensive. Every once in a while I'll buy a pretzel from Auntie Anne's or an ice cream. Most of this is from a bad experience me and my dad had a couple years back. I would tell the story but I don't know if he's on these forums or still works at the park and I wouldn't want to offend him. Although we did complain about what happened.

Well so much for spending time up there Sunday. Half a day Saturday it is then. My Bachelorette party is Saturday night and from what my bridesmaids have told me will go down I may need Sunday to recover anyway lol. I may be sick Sunday....

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.