Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Well so much for spending time up there Sunday. Half a day Saturday it is then. My Bachelorette party is Saturday night and from what my bridesmaids have told me will go down I may need Sunday to recover anyway lol. I may be sick Sunday....

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

Park's closed for a corporate event on Sunday anyway, so enjoy your party without regret.

• Like 7

Was there a second Auntie Anne's in Rivertown last yr? As I recall, wasn't that just a DIY Icee place last year? I agree about the loud music blaring but I did like how some of the rides had music themed to their generation (70s for Racer, etc.) plus WindSeeker, whose soundtrack remains intact for now. Every KIC person I stood in line with all said the same thing about Banshee--they hope CF keeps up the themeing (lights, eternal flame, mist/fog on the sign, glowing lights on Eve, etc.) its such a picturesque coaster and I'd hate for it to end up like TR:TR/Crypt.

• Like 9

Let me get this straight because I have been to the park twice this season but focused on rides mostly, The Icee stand that was in Rivertown is now a Auntie Ann's, and the Icee stand in the back of Coney Mall is still there? EDIT: This is true, I went and looked at the new park map in my car!

• Like 3

Adventure Express had a fallen tree branch on the track when I first tried to ride it. It was up and running later in the day, but didn't have any effects running. If the Indy theme is no longer being played, interesting that the Star Trek the Next Generation theme still plays on WindSeeker.

Sorry to nitpick, but the theme playing on WindSeeker is not the Next Gen theme, its the theme from Star Trek The Motion Picture :-) I know they are very similar, but this Trekie knows these things. I know sad.

• Like 2

I'm on here and in the park...ing lot.

I may be going tonight. But first, I'm helping my mom do chores.

Work comes before fun! :D

Work also comes again before six parks.

It took me a few times to finally realize you were talking about 6 parks, and not a 6 pack.... (which depending on who you ask, they would agree with you work before a six pack).

In other news, who excited to get their picture with big noodle!? (not sarcasm) Kings Island official Facebook page.

• Like 1

I'm on here and in the park...ing lot.

I may be going tonight. But first, I'm helping my mom do chores.

Work comes before fun! :D

Work also comes again before six parks.

It took me a few times to finally realize you were talking about 6 parks, and not a 6 pack.... (which depending on who you ask, they would agree with you work before a six pack).

Look even closer, then consider this: FUN is the stock symbol of Cedar Fair. SIX is the stock symbol of Six Flags. :)

• Like 5

I saw this picture on Tumblr and had to share it on here since it's how I feel all the time at Kings Island.

ahezu8a5.jpg

Just thought you guys might find it funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did this last saturday, people was pointing at Invertigo and saying thats the new ride.

• Like 3

I miss Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighters in the Diamondback queue. It will forever be part of the Kings Island playlist on my iPod. As will Song 2 by Blur. It would appear that both are relics of a bygone era.

I just wish Drop Tower had operated at all last weekend so I'd know if they took away my Van Halen. If they violated the 11th commandment AND took away Van Halen, then I'll be upset...

• Like 7

For the first time, in a long time, Banshee has finally laid her head to sleep......

No LED's on the lift hill, no fog, and probably no effects at all.

The only thing to be seen during the night was her special edition SlingShot night-light near her lift.....

2u7osqw.jpg

(Image captured from Kings Island's Banshee Construction Cam)

Rest peacefully. You have a long weekend ahead of you.

• Like 7

I REALLY wish I didn't have a big deadline coming up for work. Today would probably be a good day to go. Early rains might keep the crowds away, but the rain is supposed to stop around mid-day. Plus it's not too hot, not too cold. Oh well, I'm sure there will be other similar opportunities this spring.

• Like 3