Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I got in a couple of rides on Diamondback today. The ride experience isn't too different. The buckle does take up a little space though between the restraint and body. So if you're like me and were sort of in between clicks before, now it's just a little snug. They had to tell me to go down one more when I thought it was in my normal position. Definitely not the end of the world though.

• Like 1

I know you guys said they are long but in that picture it does not look like it would fit around me and my ghetto booty.

I have not been yet. I will be going tomorrow. I would think if your but can fit in the seat the seat belt will fit. I wonder if they added a seat belt to the test seat. I would guess they did.

Edit: a friend who was at the park today sent me this pic of how long the seat belts are.

vy3u3u5e.jpg

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 6

I noticed they added a bunch of tables between Viking Fury and the Festhaus today, not sure if they were already added but I just now noticed. I also noticed a giant picture of the Peanuts crew blocking spitting Snoopy on Race for your life Charlie Brown. I know I'm forgetting more things I noticed?

• Like 2

Those who have met me know the only coasters I won't fit on are kiddy coasters lol I'm 5'3" and 115. Trying to get back down to 105.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 1

I noticed they added a bunch of tables between Viking Fury and the Festhaus today, not sure if they were already added but I just now noticed. I also noticed a giant picture of the Peanuts crew blocking spitting Snoopy on Race for your life Charlie Brown. I know I'm forgetting more things I noticed?

If you are talking about the one fo teh group of them cheering with Snoopy jsut ont eh other side that has always been there. But speaking of that ride they really need to remove that patio table next to Snoopy. It looks so cheap and tacky and I always here people comment about how bad it looks too.

Anyone going to the park today? I will but I'm working from 11-9. What I was thinking about doing after my shift was over and with an hour left of operation, I might re-enter the park and take a night ride on Banshee. I've experienced Banshee 4 times already but none of them at night. That needs to change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not meaning to be argumentive terpy, was just wondering why exactly they changed The Racer if it wasnt really because of the manufacture.

The park says it was for "nostalgia." Don has also said that the manufacturer did not require it.

Coincidentally, that same year, several other wood coasters with PTC trains also ceased backward operation.

• Like 3

Speaking of test seats, I was surprised to see that Delirium's test seat got painted as well. That's a detail that I think would be VERY easy to overlook (and go unnoticed by the general public)

I can't praise Delirium's new paint enough. It makes my favorite flat ride at Kings Island as enjoyable to look at as it is to ride.

• Like 7

Here is my opinion of the seat belts on Diamondback... Annoying actually. They go across your thighs and low hips more than your waist. I can't say I felt any more safe with the seat belt than without. The one thing I did love is now because of the seat belt my t bar doesn't go down an extra click so I get air time like I used to :) that was awesome

• Like 1