Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

In general, I found most of the load times were not running as smoothly as they could this weekend, especially Delirium and The Racer, both of which I felt like I waited like 5 minutes or so while I was actually strapped into the ride.

• Like 1

Racer seems to be having some slow ride ops this year. They were extremely slow when I was there last weekend as well. Skipped riding it again that day due to how slow they were. The line was at the bottom of the ramp and to the turn leading to the queue house and the wait was about 20 minutes. Pretty sure the line didn't move at all for about 7 minutes at one point.

• Like 3

Backlot Stunt Coaster also looked like it was having some kinda issue last night as well.

It's not even the summer season yet. I'm sure there are still some ride ops that need to be hired and trained still. This is also still the second weekend, things will be figured out eventually.

And I'd be surprised if they haven't already had some flake outs by now, resulting in re-shuffles.

I suspect the Lost Princess at Chik-Fil-A will find her crown and beats cheeks out of there by summer, too.

It helps your job to not look and act towards your customers as if you were constipated.

I've only had one relative not love working KI, she now a professional couch sitter. There's one in every family.

• Like 2

Saw someone on Twitter with at least 10 tweets complaining to Kings Island about tweeting today that the park was closed. They bought all their tickets and everything.

1. Kings Island actually tweeted and posted on Facebook yesterday the same thing.

2. Before going to the park - LOOK AT THE HOURS! Why would people not do that? Do they just assume things?

3. Don't blame the park for being closed for a private event - something that is on their website and has been said several times. Blame yourself!

• Like 8

Saw someone on Twitter with at least 10 tweets complaining to Kings Island about tweeting today that the park was closed. They bought all their tickets and everything.

1. Kings Island actually tweeted and posted on Facebook yesterday the same thing.

2. Before going to the park - LOOK AT THE HOURS! Why would people not do that? Do they just assume things?

3. Don't blame the park for being closed for a private event - something that is on their website and has been said several times. Blame yourself!

On top of that, this is far from the first season that the park has been closed for a private event on the last Sunday in April. This has been an ongoing trend for years.

• Like 3

Just realized that I've been to the park three times now and have yet to see someone smoking outside of a designated smoking area. Kudos to Kings Island employees who take on the awkward task of reminding people that smoking is not permitted outside those designated areas.

Plus that announcement that comes over the speaker every 20 minutes.

• Like 2

Just realized that I've been to the park three times now and have yet to see someone smoking outside of a designated smoking area. Kudos to Kings Island employees who take on the awkward task of reminding people that smoking is not permitted outside those designated areas.

Plus that announcement that comes over the speaker every 20 minutes.
I never thought that announcement seemed to work in the past. The last few years I've noticed more and more people smoking outside the smoking areas. Maybe people actually pay attention to it early in the season. If Kings Island is doing something differently though, I hope they keep it up.
  • Like 2

Last Sunday a girl walked by the new seating area in the middle of Action Zone where we were sitting smoking a cigar. Good timing because a security guard came by 30 seconds later. I pointed her out and he made her put it out.

• Like 8

I saw this happen. Anyone taking offense to the polite way the guy coralled the smoker doesn't need to be in public.

The guy that was warned just politely walked over to where the rest of us were sitting.

It helps that they have big signs thanking you for keeping your smoking to that one area.

• Like 3

Ok, just so i dont get in trouble, i'm going to ask a question very little detail, and i just want a very simple answer.....did all of the posts about a certain ride, having certain problems get removed? I got on here to check on the replies and see if anything was updated on it, but it seems like they are all gone now.

Thank goodness. Moving on, I didn't think Kings Island would come up in Spanish class but today it did! We were discussing the famous Spanish book, "Don Quixote" when my teacher suddenly asked if anyone knows where the state of the main character of the book is. All of us were blank until she said, "Has anyone been to Kings Island?" Then I realized it was the statue outside a shop on International Street.

donquixote_zps6ce84358.png

Proof that Kings Island can come up anywhere at any time. :)

• Like 16

I noticed Opening Weekend that a lot of the green paint on Firehawk was showing through form it's X-Flight days. I tried to look again on Saturday while waiting to get on Blue Racer and didn't notice as much not sure if it was touched up or not.

• Like 3

I noticed they added a bunch of tables between Viking Fury and the Festhaus today, not sure if they were already added but I just now noticed. I also noticed a giant picture of the Peanuts crew blocking spitting Snoopy on Race for your life Charlie Brown. I know I'm forgetting more things I noticed?

Both of those have been around for years.

• Like 2

Didnt know where else to put this, and i appologize for all of the photos, they were taken from KI's webcams at https://www.visitkingsisland.com/online-fun/webcams . I'm curious, why is The Bat s webcam not updating, and would it not save KI a ton of money to shut off some of the lights that are on?

(Not really complaining, because the lights are awesome, but after the park is closed, seems quite costly.)

TDWAuQX.jpguVRy4I6.jpgcUJDFBp.jpgrVNku9Q.jpg

It's easier to see trespassers with the lights on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there's security bipping allover the park, some in carts? It makes it easier not to mow into something with the lights on.

(BTW, it's almost time for the yearly article on the crews that keep the rides safe and in top condition. One of those "little things" that I'd like to see added is a coffee and donut tour before the park opens, just to see these guys at work.)

• Like 1

I understand some of the lights, but, ALL of them? I was telling a guy at work, they should put a single fence around the park, then a 2nd fence behind it that was electric, the first one could have a no trespesassing sign on it, and if they passed that one, they would get shocked by the next. No lawsuits either due to the previous warning. If that were to happen, it would prevent certain people from getting hit by coaster trains as well. *cough* SF:SL *cough*.

• Like 1