Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

^Glad I'm not on there. The idea of being stuck on that thing while in the down-facing seat terrifies me every time I ride that thing.

That has happened to me before for 45-60 minutes in one of, if not the first year it was open, and it was in fact terrifying. I had a death grip on the handlebars below the seats on the unlikely chance that the restraints would open up and there would be nothing keeping me from plunging to my untimely demise. To me it's still one of the biggest thrills in the park for that very reason. The fear is still there every time I ride it!

• Like 1

I understand some of the lights, but, ALL of them? I was telling a guy at work, they should put a single fence around the park, then a 2nd fence behind it that was electric, the first one could have a no trespesassing sign on it, and if they passed that one, they would get shocked by the next. No lawsuits either due to the previous warning. If that were to happen, it would prevent certain people from getting hit by coaster trains as well. *cough* SF:SL *cough*.

No lawsuits? Really?

Terp, who thought anybody could sue anybody for anything, merited or not, and just might prevail. Terp "learns" something new every day here!

• Like 7

I understand some of the lights, but, ALL of them? I was telling a guy at work, they should put a single fence around the park, then a 2nd fence behind it that was electric, the first one could have a no trespesassing sign on it, and if they passed that one, they would get shocked by the next. No lawsuits either due to the previous warning. If that were to happen, it would prevent certain people from getting hit by coaster trains as well. *cough* SF:SL *cough*.

No lawsuits? Really?

Terp, who thought anybody could sue anybody for anything, merited or not, and just might prevail. Terp "learns" something new every day here!

Not saying that i know for sure they wouldnt get sued, but at least it would prevent the trespassers from getting past the electric fence :P

Well what is the difference between this and rides having a warning about heart conditions, yet people still get on them with heart conditions. Does the park get sued for a heart attack?

Someone had a heart attack on Firehawk and died shortly after a few years back and I don't believe his family sued.

One thing I realized I liked very much are the Litter Gitters. Has anyone else noticed how clean the park is? It's a small thing but it feels so much better to walk through KI now than it did when it was owned by Paramount. It makes the park like a getaway place.

Also, I'm liking that the cleaning crew smiles back. I understand a good deal of their job is to look down, but they always smile when you see them, and always help to the best of their ability when asked for information.

• Like 9

No lawsuits? Really?

Yes you can sue for everything, but winning is a whole different thing.

• Like 1

Yes. Remember that the waterpark is not open for the season yet. The vast majority of the train's riders are using it as a shuttle between Rivertown and Soak City. With the waterpark still closed, the number of people who get on the train just to take a lap on the train is quite small, so three cars are plenty sufficient (and probably only one train since it doesn't stop at Soak City). It's possible they may put more cars on tomorrow for the busy day, but I doubt it. I wouldn't expect to see two full-length trains until Soak City opens.

• Like 3

Rides I rode at Kings Island on 5-2-14

Got there at 6 p to 10 p

1. Banshee- 4x (in the day time and night time) (got to see the fireworks while going up the lift hill just like on Diamondback last year)

2. Adventure Express- 10x

3. Diamondback- 1x

4. The Beast- 1x (at night)

5. Vortex- 1x (at night)

Was going to ride Invertigo but it broke down right before our turn to get on.

Lines were 30 minutes or less.

Best day of the year so far for me. It was also my forth time there this year. :)

• Like 5

Going to the park is amazing all the time.

Sadly, that will not be my memo today, the same for tomorrow (Due to studies/other activities)

Look for BB1 at........error code 202.....transmission lost.....

(Oh well played Terp, using a pun for a pun)

Went to KI today, a lot of after prom people there and a fairly large crowd. Got a few rides. I was hoping to ride FoF today but after waiting 90 minutes and only getting through the second lane inside the building I decided to do other things. Other than that the day was finished off strong with a ride in the front of Banshee. 3.5/5 trip.

• Like 1

We were eating at The Chicken Shack when Banshee was stopped on the Lift.

After 5 or so minutes, 4 staff members harnessed up and started walking up to the train. Was kind of hoping we would get to see an evac but it looked as if they were just talking to the riders. After they came down, the train moved on and ran its course.

• Like 3

Saw some KICentral people while I was passing by in the Banshee line, I had a neon green and blue t shirt and white cargo pants. Hello whoever where their! Great trip. Busy at first but the crowds dwindled after about 6:00 P.M 4.8/5

• Like 2

Yeah, the crowds were just like a Saturday today. It's amazing what Banshee has done to the park.

I rode Banshee at night on Friday, and I gotta say, it's downright impeccable. It might be my new favorite roller coaster after riding it four times.

• Like 5