Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

All personal belongings are always subject to inspection upon entering. Many parks inspect every bag, every time.

Good security often involves a certain level of unpredictability. Most of the work park security does isn't seen by guests.

If you're asked to open your bag or let security "wand" you, just be courteous and helpful. It doesn't take long, and your assistance will speed things up for everyone.

I didn't mind the security we had to go through yesterday though it was pretty frustrating. I carry the bare minimum most days but that was not the case we had a ton of stuff because the baby was with us. I was unprepared for a search after having got used to there being none recently and I had everything packed away perfect for the day. Oo well. The more frustrating part of the day was ERT only being 15 minutes.

I had to just walk away shaking my head yesterday after the worker at Potato Works told me that none of the Fanta in the park was carbonated. I was getting my cup refilled. I took a sip and told him it was Hi-c and not Fanta. Thats when he told me none of it is carbonated. Instead of arguing I walked away because I was in a good mood and didn't feel like dealing with that crap.

• Like 1

I would think the Coca-Cola company may like to know about this as well, since they require their products to be served a certain way in restaurants (aside from the occasional flat soda). If that hasn't been happening for some time, they might send someone out to investigate.

• Like 6

I didn't mind the security we had to go through yesterday though it was pretty frustrating. I carry the bare minimum most days but that was not the case we had a ton of stuff because the baby was with us. I was unprepared for a search after having got used to there being none recently and I had everything packed away perfect for the day. Oo well. The more frustrating part of the day was ERT only being 15 minutes.

I had to just walk away shaking my head yesterday after the worker at Potato Works told me that none of the Fanta in the park was carbonated. I was getting my cup refilled. I took a sip and told him it was Hi-c and not Fanta. Thats when he told me none of it is carbonated. Instead of arguing I walked away because I was in a good mood and didn't feel like dealing with that crap.

I worked in Food Service at KI from 1989-1993. Even back then, the orange soda in the park was not carbonated. This allowed for that spicket to have a water button which we could push whenever a park guest asked for a cup of water. I don't remember if it was Fanta or Minute Maid, but I think it was Minute Maid back then. I know it wasn't Hi-C.

When someone asked for water, we would have to push that button and let it run for a few seconds to clear the orange out of the dispenser so the guest could get plain water. If someone had an issue with the orange not being carbonated, we could add a splash of Sprite to it, which people didn't mind; we never had any complaints when we did that.

• Like 1

That's ridiculous. If I'm paying for orange soda I want orange soda I dont care what the excuse is. Every fast food place I've ever been too doesn't pull this crap neither should a park. I'm a bit of a hot head at times if I had paid the large price for a normal drink instead of the dollar it coast me to get what I did I would have probably had some not so kind things to say that would voice my opinion on it.

• Like 2

Lol some would think that the outrage over soda to be ridiculous. But truly, it could be a big inconvenience to the unsuspecting park guest who pays $4 or something, for what they expect to be Fanta. Its definitely an issue that needs addressing. Of course, one can think of more Paramount issues for the park. But this one could probably be easily fixed.

Coca-Cola would be none too happy about this discovery though.

• Like 3

Your question makes sense, but my guess would be because not all locations have Hi-C? I can only speak from my experience way back over 20 years ago (yikes! that long ago?!?), but every food stand I worked in back then did not have Hi-C. Now that Hi-C is in the park, I have no clue. Did the location you got your non-carbonated Fanta from also have Hi-C?

• Like 1

Yes it did.

It's amazing to me that the park complains about trademarks and perfect capitalization so that their sponsors are being represented properly yet they decide not to put the product out there as it is supposed to be.

Hey lesson learned and I'm glad it only cost me a dollar but I will still let them know I am unhappy with the decision they have made.

• Like 4

I would love to see new POVs on every roller coaster at Kings Island this year. We have a new Beast and obiously Banshee but I'd love to see an updated POV for rides like Vortex and Diamondback which look old. Diamondback's has no sound and looks like it was recorded in the early 2000s.

Really? You're being asked again to just empty pockets and go through a metal detector just as a preventative measure and to help security better do their job. Try coming onto a military installation or living on one, or have a security clearance. Then you can come talk to me. Ignorant comment mate, ignorant comment.

I have been on two bases before and I have more trouble trying to get into an airport.

I went to go on base to visit my friend in the marnines and they wouldn't let me on because I left my proof of insurance at home.

• Like 1

Wow. We are probably going up to Northern Kentucky tomorrow (if my brother starts feeling better) because we are going to see my grandma who was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. So, seeing this as an opportunity to ride Banshee I was like "Mom, can we go to Kings Island?" She paused for a second allowing for me to get my hopes up and then replied "NO." Naturally I was depressed because how else am I supposed to ride Banshee if I am stuck here in NC? But now I am rethinking this and realizing that the crowds this weekend will probably be very extreme. Anyway, can someone give me insight on what the crowds will be like probably so I can at least attempt to convince my parents to take us to KI?

Wow. We are probably going up to Northern Kentucky tomorrow (if my brother starts feeling better) because we are going to see my grandma who was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. So, seeing this as an opportunity to ride Banshee I was like "Mom, can we go to Kings Island?" She paused for a second allowing for me to get my hopes up and then replied "NO." Naturally I was depressed because how else am I supposed to ride Banshee if I am stuck here in NC? But now I am rethinking this and realizing that the crowds this weekend will probably be very extreme. Anyway, can someone give me insight on what the crowds will be like probably so I can at least attempt to convince my parents to take us to KI?

Go to a certain Kingdom, or something. Now that I think of it, there is not much to do in NKY.......

As far as Planet Snoopy goes - of I fits I sits. Kids or not. A group of adults rode Surf Dog without any children last night. We took over Woodstock Express and rode Flying Ace Aerial Chase with two teens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to do that.

• Like 2

Go to a certain Kingdom, or something. Now that I think of it, there is not much to do in NKY.......

Uh, that certain Kingdom will doubtless have crowds far, far, far beyond its capacity to handle. I think I remember predicting a fiasco, a circus and worse, as far as orderly rides and attractions handling.

• Like 4

May I suggest you spend the weekend talking to your gma. Have her tell you stories. A cancer diagnosis can be frightening. One day she won't be here as you will be beyond upset you chose a park over a family member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Sorry, this may have been mentioned already but does anybody know what is going on with the Action Theater? While riding Winderseeker I saw a sign that said 'Adventure with teeth' or 'Adventure with terror'. Is this for Dinosaurs Alive or something else?

One side of AT is currently home to the Urgent Scare haunt which is used every fall. The other side as of recently was playing an edited down version of a 3-D dino movie which was first included with the price to Dinos (or a sep upcharge) , then was free to everyone last summer. I'm not sure if it's playing this summer or not.

I don't think I'll be riding WindSeeker for a while after the incident I had with it earlier today...

These type of posts here and on other social media are the ones that drive most folks crazy - just say what it was already and quit looking for attention from 20 more posts asking what happened!

There is actually a name for these types of posts - vaguebooking - Urban Dictionary defines "vaguebooking" as the following: "An intentionally vague Facebook status update that prompts friends to ask what's going on, or is possibly a cry for help."

I am sure most of us would prefer to not have to scroll through 2 pages of posts asking "what happened" - just say what the "incident" was in the original post so that everyone can move along.

End of rant

• Like 10