Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

3-D dino movie which was first included with the price to Dinos (or a sep upcharge) , then was free to everyone last summer.

Actually, it was an upcharge when it debuted in 2011, then became free to everyone in 2012, then returned to the same upcharge as before in 2013. They couldn't make up their minds.

• Like 4

I was looking at the webcams earlier and it looked as if people were in the Timberwolf theater. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is, why?

Today is the last day for Music In The Parks. The awards ceremony for that is held in Timberwolf.

• Like 2

(This goes with my post saying I won't be riding it much after the incident I had with it)

I don't want to drive anyone away from WindSeeker, but this is my incident on WindSeeker on 5/22. What happened on WindSeeker was due to high winds.

When first starting up WindSeeker, it was the usual. Music played (Star Trek to be exact) and we went up. When we got to the top and spun about 2 times, the wind picked up, causing the swings to go from 45* to 75* and the seats in front of me, kept hitting me. I pushed it forward about 8 or 9 times while on it.

Every time we went around, there was a jolt forward, which was really unpleasant as the ride kept making a clicking sound every time. I tried to wave the operators to stop the ride, but I don't think they saw it/under stood the hand signal. Plenty of other people were frightened, I was holding onto the bar with my arm locked around it, not moving it one bit, even when we were low to the ground, I was still holding because we kept swinging back and forth slightly still.

As said, I'm not trying to drive a crowd away from the ride, but just sharing my experience I had on the ride which is why I won't really be riding it much anymore.

• Like 4

Guessing the ride ops didn't see you waving to tell them to stop the ride while you were at the top of the tower, or even 2/3rd of the way up. The general public has ruined that aspect for riders who are really scared or upset by crying wolf when there's nothing wrong.

Not saying it didn't happen, but I find it hard to believe the seats extended 30 more degrees with the dampers that were installed after the first set of issues of seats bumping into riders. I can't say what happened for sure because I wasn't on the same ride as you, but it was safe to operate the ride or the system wouldn't have let it operate with the wind speeds.

• Like 4

Guest FersureShelbi

I might have exaggerated the angle the seats got, but I know it went over 45 quite a bit, maybe 15 to 20.

Exaggerated or not the look of that ride terrifies me. All I can think about is falling from that height or the old Kentucky Kingdom incident. I don't even go on the Eiffel Tower or DT.

• Like 2

On a more positive note, I want to say great job today Kings Island.

Park was clean, employees and management were out ad about.

My son is now 1 and I bought a gold pass on a whim today. We (he and I) only went for 3 hours, but it was great. Ride ops helped a fearful dad put his son on a ride by himself. The lil shark loved it! His first individual ride is the off road car ride in Planet Snoopy.

Great job today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

I think that was some juvenile attempt at sarcasm.

Read the comments. Plus, that's his second video about how much he hates Banshee.

I'm willing to bet that the person who made that video is a resident of northern Illinois, and not a fan of B&M.

our definitely right about the northern Illinois part, but he talks highly of the B&M's at Six Flags Great America.

• Like 1

Including Superman: Ultimate Flight. Many B&M partisans even admit those coasters are, to put it politely, not among B&M's finest.

And he should be advised that Cedar Point is a registered trademark, and, as such, is always capitalized. There are also many words not spelled correctly, poor grammar, and, my favorite, the title cards with Insert Title Here.

• Like 10

I just watched the video. I cannot believe what I just saw. Using a construction photo to claim it has no catwalks, other blatant falsehoods, I mean, what was this guy high on?

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 7

Also, he says that Banshee has too many loops and that Batman: The Ride at SFGAm has a better amount. Funny, I count two on both rides.

Unless he means INVERSIONS, which are not synonymous with loops. But surely he has the correct nomenclature. Any reputable source of information would surely take the time to get their terms right.

In all actuality, I think he's jelly.

• Like 8