Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Yep. Prior to this year, Kings Island was a once-per-year experience for us, being that we live in Lexington and don't find a lot of time in the summer to make the almost 2 hour drive. With gold passes, we're now going to be going at least twice a month including Halloween Haunt. I guess I've just never had an opportunity to learn where all of the old ride locations used to be :)

• Like 4

I understood your meaning.

It helps me out, too. I saw that pad when I've been there and wondered what it used to be. I went a lot 20 years ago but have barely been there in the interim (more times so far this year than total in the last 20).

So, another question someone might know: what are the bright yellow trusses being stored near the base of WindSeeker?

• Like 2

So, another question someone might know: what are the bright yellow trusses being stored near the base of WindSeeker?

That would be the new evacuation system for WindSeeker that was developed in the wake of the problems at Knott's and other places in 2012.

EDIT: Beaten twice. :)

• Like 2

Decided to waste timing reading the Facebook reviews for Kings Island.

People that say they're never going to the park because of having to pay $2 for a locker...HAH! We'll all be having fun without you. I can get the complaints about the lockers, but a lot of people are blowing it way out of proportion. It's really not that big of a deal.

Oh...and once again, Fast Lane. Shut up about how Fast Lane is "unfair". There are upgrades to everything in life. Why at an amusement park is it unfair? Why is Kings Island only getting slack for it - Universal has Express Passes for $80 or something crazy like that - I don't see complaints! In fact, I see people, and one of them is me, that think these passes are a great idea. I hate how everyone calls amusement parks greedy. They're making money - it's kind of their job.

Before making a trip to Kings Island, understand it costs money. Disney World is the same way. Six Flags parks are the same way. They are expensive. How do some of these people not understand that before coming?

Yeah, my ideas are kind of mixed in this post and I kind of jump to different ideas, but I'm tired and annoyed so...

• Like 9

Guest dtk1376

I've never done Fast Lane, but I think I would give it a try on a busy day that I plan on being there a long time and also plan on riding some of the bigger rides. So I can understand where people are coming from that use Fast Lane, and I don't think the impact on lines is really that major.

• Like 1

Eek. I'm at the park today, having kind of a terrible time because I got so spoiled by low crowds in May. Just was going toward WindSeeker and discovered my day could be worse. It's stopped about 20-30 feet from the top, with a full load.

I very possibly could be on that one if I hadn't gotten distracted on the way back here.

Eta: things are definitely looking up. I got front seat after an only 20 min wait for Banshee and then got to see (and video record) the Kings Island Five playing the Star Wars cantina theme in front of the theater for Cirque Imagine. Got here early instead of right on time (which is why I didn't get to see the 3:00). I'm looking so forward to this!

• Like 2

homestar92 and I talked tonight and he brought to my attention that Action Theatre was on the map this year, but is not showing a film like it did last year.

I then found a link to rides being sold, this came up: http://www.intermarkridegroup.com/major-family-rides/motion-simulator-ms1325

While it doesn't necessarily look like the seats that we previously had, it could be from another Cedar Fair park. Wondering if we'll see a movie there this year or not.