Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Guest dtk1376

I agree about the LaRosa's pizza in the park, the quality is not even close to the restaurants. I used to love it when I was a kid at the park, but I'm thinking that might of been because I was young and it was grouped with the excitement of being at Kings Island. And saying that LaRosa's pizza isn't good is subjective, some people think some foods taste good, others don't, all a matter of personal opinion on taste. But the LaRosa's in the park is definitely not same as the outside, but it is at least better than the LaRosa's at the Cincinnati Zoo.

• Like 3

^^ Ouch.

The Coaster Crew event would be a good time to go in July. Today is the last day to buy a ticket.

If you're looking for light crowds, you might want to pick a day with rain in the forecast. Extremely hot days (100°F+ air temperatures) have been very lightly crowded, but be careful and drink lots of water in that case.

• Like 1

Cancer is caused by a multitude of factors, but basically you need two things to cause a gene to go wonky. Usually the two are a genetic disposition and an environmental addition. So for example, you have a genetic disposition for lung cancer and you work in a coal mine.

Sometimes you may only get 1 of the two situations and never get cancer. Sometimes you get both and get lucky...

This is a very over simplified explanation of cancer.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A few things I noticed today at the park:

Drop Tower no longer plays Van Halen, and is officially dead to me.

Banshee, while certainly not rough by any stretch, seems to be getting a bit shakier in the last few rows than it was on Media Day and the first few weeks of the season.

That single pop of airtime in 7-1 on Vortex is the greatest sensation that one can experience on a roller coaster in Ohio. Possibly the world.

The Bat is still awesome no matter what anyone says.

My phone rang while in the tunnel on Adventure Express. My ringtone is that tunnel's audio. My phone, zipped up in the pockets of my cargo pants, produced that audio much louder than is done by the ride speakers, and that's sad. Though the ride speakers WERE working today. I rode a second time to double check.

I do not have the willpower to resist blue ice cream, and my wallet hates me for it. For what it's worth, I recommend buying your blue ice cream in Planet Snoopy, as the color is actually correct there.

• Like 9

My phone rang while in the tunnel on Adventure Express. My ringtone is that tunnel's audio. My phone, zipped up in the pockets of my cargo pants, produced that audio much louder than is done by the ride speakers, and that's sad.

For some reason, I find this hilarious and sad at the same time. :D:(

• Like 7

[quote name="homestar92" post="626863" timestamp="

That single pop of airtime in 7-1 on Vortex is the greatest sensation that one can experience on a roller coaster in Ohio. Possibly the world.

That's true, but wouldn't you agree that the ride goes downhill after that?

C what I did there?

Screwed up quoting?

• Like 4

Looks like I won't be going to the park for a little bit. Recovering from an extreme sunburn. Best time to go in July?

I got sun poisoning at Soak City this past Saturday. It's still really red but the swelling is down and it no longer hurts. Just really itchy.

Coconut oil at bedtime, cover with clothing, you'll wake up feeling much better. Good luck.

I need a coaster fix. Haven't quite gotten the nerve to go to KI alone. Hell, I can't even go out to eat or the movies alone. I have issues....

• Like 1

Looks like I won't be going to the park for a little bit. Recovering from an extreme sunburn. Best time to go in July?

I got sun poisoning at Soak City this past Saturday. It's still really red but the swelling is down and it no longer hurts. Just really itchy.

Coconut oil at bedtime, cover with clothing, you'll wake up feeling much better. Good luck.

I need a coaster fix. Haven't quite gotten the nerve to go to KI alone. Hell, I can't even go out to eat or the movies alone. I have issues....

Are you married/do you have kids? I don't have kids but I am married, and while I love my wife more than anything, I cherish my alone time more than ever. I have no problems being out in public alone. But I know that everyone is different, and some are vastly different on this topic. Plus it's way different for women.

• Like 2

Are you married/do you have kids? I don't have kids but I am married, and while I love my wife more than anything, I cherish my alone time more than ever. I have no problems being out in public alone. But I know that everyone is different, and some are vastly different on this topic. Plus it's way different for women.

Divorced for almost 2 years after a 10 year marriage. I have two kids. The boy loves every ride he's tall enough for (he's 8) and my daughter isn't a coaster girl, except BLSC--it's a heights thing for her. She's 10.

• Like 2

Well post in here when you go and I'm sure you will find others who are hitting the park that day. I would ride with ya but mosty I take the lil one with me and he needs 5-8 years before beig tall enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll post next time and see who's going to be there that day. :D

My son is absolutely dying to grow 4 more inches so he can ride Banshee. I told him he's going to have to wait at least another year. Poor kid, he's so small for his age compared to his classmates.

• Like 2

I am single and conquered the fear of going out alone. It's simple to do if you really want to do it. Start with grabbing a book (if you like to read) and get coffee some place. It's weird at first, but love time alone at times. My daughter goes to camp every July and I rarely make plans with others. It's my time to have down time.

One suggestion if you are going to do things alone, let someone you know, know where you are going. It's best to be safe. Going out to grab a soda may not require a call to a friend, but if you are going to go to Kings Island alone just let someone know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

This year is the first time in 15 years I've been able to ride coasters much, because I finally decided to stop waiting for people to go with me. I've been enjoying it immensely. Going alone isn't in any way as bad/sad/scary/lonely/whatever I thought it might be.

My husband and I are practically joined at the hip ordinarily, so it is unusual to spend hours apart. We both work at home for his business, so we spend most of our waking hours (and sleeping hours for that matter) together. So, it was a big step for me to go do this by myself.

But, as I said, my fears were unfounded. I think I've had my best times at the park, ever, this season, because I can do whatever I want whenever I want without having to worry about someone else's desires. If I want to ride Beast seven times in a row, I can. If I want to stick around an extra hour just to watch another set of the Kings Island Five, it's not tiring anyone. I wouldn't want to spend this much time with someone other than my husband (one of the reasons I've not tried too hard in past years to find a coaster-riding buddy), but it's actually been kind of nice to have so much self-directed time.

• Like 7