Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Guest dtk1376

Yes they do the fireworks on Sundays. And I believe they allow the queue for The Beast to fill until the 10pm closing time and once fireworks are over they run the trains until the queue is empty.

• Like 1

The Beast often runs well past 10. They stop the ride during the fireworks due to the proximity of the launch site, but once they they're run the ride until the line has expired. I'm not sure if the line closes right at 10 (when the fireworks go off) or just after it. The first time our son rode it last season, I was out in front with our daughter while my wife took our son. They were still in the que when the fireworks went off, they let people enter the que for a few brief moments after the fireworks before the employee slide the trashcan in front of the exit indicating that no one else was allowed in line. I don't know if that is standard or if that is just the way it works that day. In either case, if you're in line by 9:59 you'll get 1 more ride on The Beast. If you try to get in line at 10:00, well no guarantees.

On a similar note, I believe all other dry side rides work in the same manner in that they're lines don't officially close until 10:00ish and everyone in line gets 1 more ride to finish out the night. Obviously some rides, like The Beast or Diamondback have longer lines than others.

Guest dtk1376

Getting there right before they cut the line off at 10:00 is the best way to get a nice dark ride on The Beast in the middle of the long summer days.

• Like 1

This may be an odd question, but given that Chik-fil-A and Indiana liquor sales are not allowed on Sundays, I thought I'd ask: does Kings Island do their fireworks show on Sunday nights (10pm closing time)?

Kings Island is in Ohio; any Indiana regulations are not applicable.

• Like 1

This may be an odd question, but given that Chik-fil-A and Indiana liquor sales are not allowed on Sundays, I thought I'd ask: does Kings Island do their fireworks show on Sunday nights (10pm closing time)?

Kings Island is in Ohio; any Indiana regulations are not applicable.

How does the Indiana Liquor sales and Chik-Fil-A closing on Sunday affect the fireworks show? (I'm just curious on your inquiry)

Definitely get on to either The Beast or The Racer for a prime show of the fireworks. Although, personally, the first fireworks show of the year is the best; possibly from the long dormancy?

• Like 1

They stop running The Beast at 9:45. They still allow people access into the queue line until 10:00. At 10:00 they block access into the line.

Once the fireworks stop. It takes 10-20 minutes for the all clear to be given after the fireworks have ended. There have been times we have not left until 11:00 or after if we wait for last train, which we normally do this season much more frequently than other seasons.

Chick-Fil-A's policy is they do not ever open on Sunday. It is this way in every CFA nationwide, not just at Kings Island.

You can purchase liquor in Indiana if you go to a restaurant that serves prepared food except for Election Days until 6:00 pm. I think there are other events that permit liquor purchases in Indiana on Sunday (like the Indy 500.).

Even though I spend nearly as much non working, awake time in Ohio as I do in Indiana I do not know Ohio laws on liquor sales. I thought it could be purchased in the park on Sundays at Red's HOF Grille and maybe a few other places. I witnessed a ride op not allowing someone with a cup of beer in a queue. I don't know if it's park policy to not allow that or Ohio state law.

I am not sure the CFA / Indiana portion of your comment/question is being missed. If there was something connecting the three we are not seeing, please let us know.

• Like 1

I appreciate all the responses, both serious and comical!

I am not sure the CFA / Indiana portion of your comment/question is being missed. If there was something connecting the three we are not seeing, please let us know.

Thanks, I'm well aware of the CFA Sunday closure and the Indiana Sunday alcohol laws. My point in referencing that in my original question was just that there are still some things in business that don't happen on Sundays & I wanted to check with frequent park visitors about Sunday night fireworks.

• Like 1

I've been on The Beast in the back at night twice in the past week. I am very sorry for my negative opinion of it. I can honestly say those two rides were insane. I still dislike how there's really no forces, airtime, and what not, but I've come to appreciate the "out of control in the woods" feeling of The Beast.

• Like 6

Here is the music that plays on Banshee's lift hill: go to 5:01 in the video.

I'm confusing reality and fantasy... Did this ever play on The Crypt, or was it just one of the tracks we were rallying for it for play?

Here is the music that plays on Banshee's lift hill: go to 5:01 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJllk-0o6c

Plus, here's the Banshee scream:

It's definitely not Requiem for a Dream. I know every note of that song and I've been on Banshee over 50 times.

Well, they don't play the whole song on Banshee. Just the part at 5:01- 6:17 over and over again.

Actually no it doesn't.It does sound a lot like it but it's not I'm telling you.

Yeah, I would agree with you. Sounds very close to Requiem For A Dream, but don't think it actually is. I will have to listen closer next time I visit. I feel like the music was added relatively recently, not sure if I remember it during my first visits of the season.