Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

You guys just need to understand you do not know KI the way GODZILLA2877 does. The sooner that is clear the sooner we can move on.

Edit: This is a joke by the way. I know tone does not translate on here so for all parties involved it is a good natured jab. Hmmm...sarcasm is no fun when you have to explain it I suppose.

• Like 4

I found a point of conflict involving the park selling the all day drink wrist bands. I have several versions of an explanation, but the most common one was the food vendors weren't supposed to sell them in the first place, they got in trouble or something of that sort. The lady I talked to at Guest Services didn't even know they were being sold, she was adamant they didn't exist for this year. So it sounds like somethings didn't match up between the food department and upper management concerning them, thus they are now not being sold anymore.

• Like 3

WOW. We half-jokingly anticipated this. I'm actually stunned that things are as bad as we joked, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't already questioned it.

Employee: "Hey, for ten bucks you get free refills all day! I'll just scan this barcode and you're all set."

Employee at the next booth: "I don't think we have anything like that... Hey, have you guys heard of a drink-all-day pass? No, not the souvenir cup one. No, not the group wristband one. No, not the VIP tour one. It isn't on the website. It isn't on the menu. There is no master list available to customers, so it's not on there. Yeah, I haven't heard of that. Who sold it to you?"

Which of these two situations is most ideal:

Customer 1: "I've been ripped off."

Customer 2: "Oh, I was told this might happen. Please call the front office to verify that this plan exists."

From a thread a month ago on the topic of that very same, mysterious drink offer.

A month ago, people were being told "if the food stands say they've never heard of this, tell them to call up to Guest Services." Now, silver2005 says it was the lady at Guest Services who didn't know they existed! And worse, that employees "weren't supposed to be selling them?" Clearly she was mistaken, but what kind of system does the computer use that employees can sell things they're not supposed to?

• Like 3

And for the record, the 2 stalls I went to prior to going to Guest Services were Coney Refreshments and Auntie Anne's on I-Street. I gave up after GS as I figured it was a park-wide thing.

Also, that theorized conversation is almost word for word the way it went.

• Like 1

WOW. We half-jokingly anticipated this. I'm actually stunned that things are as bad as we joked, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't already questioned it.

Employee: "Hey, for ten bucks you get free refills all day! I'll just scan this barcode and you're all set."

Employee at the next booth: "I don't think we have anything like that... Hey, have you guys heard of a drink-all-day pass? No, not the souvenir cup one. No, not the group wristband one. No, not the VIP tour one. It isn't on the website. It isn't on the menu. There is no master list available to customers, so it's not on there. Yeah, I haven't heard of that. Who sold it to you?"

Which of these two situations is most ideal:

Customer 1: "I've been ripped off."

Customer 2: "Oh, I was told this might happen. Please call the front office to verify that this plan exists."

From a thread a month ago on the topic of that very same, mysterious drink offer.

A month ago, people were being told "if the food stands say they've never heard of this, tell them to call up to Guest Services." Now, silver2005 says it was the lady at Guest Services who didn't know they existed! And worse, that employees "weren't supposed to be selling them?" Clearly she was mistaken, but what kind of system does the computer use that employees can sell things they're not supposed to?

Yea I'd be curious how they were able to sell it in the first place. But the other aspect too is if they weren't selling them this year why did the food stalls have them to give away in the first place then. They couldn't sell you the wristband if they didn't have it.

And I agree Terpy. Not too surprised to see some confusion on things at the start of the season, but at the end of it these type of bugs should be cleared up.

• Like 3

I may have a new favorite pastime at Kings Island. I'm sitting here outside of Banshee's entrance watching people get told all loose articles must go in a locker. I swear some lady just about cried. I'm a horrible person.

Don't worry I do the same thing while eating my Banshee Berries!

• Like 1

For our very unscientific but hilarious count we kept today, in 30 minutes there were 53 instances of people (families and groups counted as 1) being told their belongings had to go into a locker or kept with a non rider. We only noticed 4 times where people read the sign and took care of their belongings without being told to do so.

• Like 3

I'm sure quite a few of the ones were probably aware either from prior visits or seeing the sign but were trying to get away with not having to use a locker. Even if they were free there would still be a lot of problems like that. At Universal they have lockers at attractions that don't allow you take stuff on that are free and they still have to fight with people about them.

• Like 2

This may be an odd question, but given that Chik-fil-A and Indiana liquor sales are not allowed on Sundays, I thought I'd ask: does Kings Island do their fireworks show on Sunday nights (10pm closing time)?

I also read here that The Beast stops running prior to closing time because of proximity to the fireworks. What time does The Beast usually close?

TIA!

The Nightly Fireworks Spectacular is every night of the regular season in which the park closes at 10:00 or later - barring significant weather restraints.

The Beast temporarily ceases operation at 9:45 on nights in which there are fireworks (although you can still get in line until 10:00) but reopens a few minutes after the fireworks end.

What do Reds players Jack Hannahan, Kristopher Negron, and J.J. Hoover like to do on off days? Visit Kings Island of course! They did a Q&A today at the Festhaus.

pyte8eze.jpg

^^ Credit to the Cincinnati Reds on Twitter: https://twitter.com/reds/status/498868692785311746

Mr. Redlegs and Rosie Red make new friends.

qyzy9yje.jpg

^^ Credit to Kings Island on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kingsislandpr/status/498877504233291776

Infielder Kristopher Negron enjoys KI's famous blue ice cream.

ne8esepu.jpg

^^ Credit to Kings Island on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kingsislandpr/status/498883336149147648

• Like 7

Guest dtk1376

Did they break into song and dance of some Backstreet Boys or *NSync? Just wondering with them being positioned in front of the banner for "The Boyz are Back". :)

• Like 4

I witnessed a ride op not allowing someone with a cup of beer in a queue. I don't know if it's park policy to not allow that or Ohio state law.

It's park policy that alcohol is not permitted in any queue line at Kings Island. There's actually a snippet about that on the park map.

• Like 2