Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

^ It looks like the storm will be gone before too long, so hopefully you'll be rewarded with short lines.

Watching storms roll through from inside the park beats sitting in the car, though needlessly walking outside during the storm wouldn't be advisable.

• Like 2

I am hoping the storm ends soon, but it has been going strong for 20 minutes and it is as dark as night outside. And no, I will not go walk into the park. I just find it funny that whenever they predict storms, they rarely come at the time expected, and I thought the same of now, but look what happened! Just my luck.

• Like 1

I just find it funny that whenever they predict storms, they rarely come at the time expected, and I thought the same of now, but look what happened! Just my luck.

Welcome to Ohio.

"Cincinnati USA, home of bipolar weather! Plan your trip today!"

• Like 3

Decided, hey, I should go to KI now, the storms never came! Now, here I am, sitting in the parking lot, underneath a pretty heavy rainstorm. Best day ever!

That storm was crazy. I was at Aldis on Fields Ertl and when I went in the sun was shining no clouds at all. I even left the car windows cracked. When I came out the sky was completely black and it was raining so hard you could hardly see. Wet seats, wet groceries, wet me. :(

• Like 1

Find all the letters around the fountain by using a compass. It is one activity in a team building program run by an offsite group. My team did it a few years ago. When I get to work, I'll find the website in my work email and share.

I would recommend it if your entire team likes roller coasters and didn't just go through major structural changes. Putting such a group into two groups to compete against each other isn't so successful in team building.

Edited to add: it was Camp Kern that led this experience. The link is http://campkern.org/leadership-conferencing/teambuilding/mobile-teambuilding/

• Like 4

I may have a new favorite pastime at Kings Island. I'm sitting here outside of Banshee's entrance watching people get told all loose articles must go in a locker. I swear some lady just about cried. I'm a horrible person.

Gave this a try yesterday - amazing at how bunched up it gets at the "temporary" entrance where they enforce this.

Highlight of the watching - saw a guy in the line forming before the temporary entrance with the Banshee cup that he just filled - gets to worker and is told he can't take that in the line - proceeds to toss it in the garbage can next to her and continues in the line!

• Like 4

I have a strange question. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or if this is real. I've been on The Beast multiple times this season. However, this past week was the shortest time between trips. The speed of the ride on Thursday compared to yesterday seems noticeably different with yesterday seeming faster.

Has anyone else noticed a drastic speed change? Or am I just imagining things?

I'm thinking about heading to the park tomorrow. For the past several years, I've been lucky enough to make it several times per season. This season, tomorrow will be my first and only visit for the season.

Should I expect heavy crowds? I've never really been this late in the regular season. Any tips are appreciated!

• Like 3