Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I'm thinking about heading to the park tomorrow. For the past several years, I've been lucky enough to make it several times per season. This season, tomorrow will be my first and only visit for the season.

Should I expect heavy crowds? I've never really been this late in the regular season. Any tips are appreciated!

We were there Friday and last night and the crowds were very light on the dry side. Crowds picked up after Soak City closed last night. This obviously does not mean today will be light, with the heat that is in the forecast I will hope the crowds will be on the wet side during the bulk of the day.

There is a thread for current wait times. I will try to post there today during the open hours, not a final update 8 minutes after the park closes.

• Like 3

Just a random observation but we were at KI on Friday and I don't know if someone finally fixed the guns or if we were just weirdly lucky, but we rode Boo Blasters 4 times in a row in different cars each time and every one of the guns worked. We usually just figure out which is the least crappy gun and I let my daughter use it and I watch, but we were both able to get really high scores which is why she made me ride it 4 times. It was the first time all season it didn't feel lame.

• Like 6

I just read a Facebook review saying they drove 8 1/2 hours away on Monday to KI only to find it closed, and claiming that nowhere on the website does it say it is closed. Apparently there were many other confused people waiting in line behind her at the parking gates. It amazes me how people can plan a trip so badly that they come on a day that the park is closed. This isn't National Lampoons Vacation days anymore - we have Internet, and KIs website definitely says it was closed

this past week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I just read a Facebook review saying they drove 8 1/2 hours away on Monday to KI only to find it closed, and claiming that nowhere on the website does it say it is closed. Apparently there were many other confused people waiting in line behind her at the parking gates. It amazes me how people can plan a trip so badly that they come on a day that the park is closed. This isn't National Lampoons Vacation days anymore - we have Internet, and KIs website definitely says it was closed

this past week!

Yet, KI posted on that same Facebook page, August 22nd "A sure sign that summer is almost over: Daily operation ends this Sunday." The person knew how to post a review, so obviously they knew how to check out a Facebook page....they apparently couldn't comprehend what daily operation ending that coming Sunday meant. I smell a troll.

• Like 5

Sadly, not likely a troll. I've had to turn people away at work on our closed days. People make assumptions about business hours based on previous experience with that place or similar places. They don't think to double check.

I don't get it. Before I drive across town for errands or hours away for vacation, you better believe I'm checking their website for hours, admission and parking situation. How do people manage to drive such a length of time without any sort of planning?

• Like 2

this past week!

Yet, KI posted on that same Facebook page, August 22nd "A sure sign that summer is almost over: Daily operation ends this Sunday." The person knew how to post a review, so obviously they knew how to check out a Facebook page....they apparently couldn't comprehend what daily operation ending that coming Sunday meant. I smell a troll.

I smell a troll as well - go to any "seasonal"-type web page and you will see the same thing. Dollywood had a similar comment last week.

Folks just jealous they cannot afford to go to the park, so they post something negative hoping to "hurt" the business or hoping that they are given some complimentary admission at a later date.

Not saying it doesn't happen that someone drove someplace to find out it was closed, but I bet more times than not, posts on a Facebook page are false - I mean this person obviously knows how to use a computer!

• Like 1

You must've been in Skyline when I was. It was POURING as I sat by the window chuckling to myself at everyone in line to get their pizza.

I really don't have room to laugh though. I sat in line for Banshee from 9:40 till 11:10, when it finally reopened after quite a bit of down time and two heavy downpours. Both of which I got quite drenched.

• Like 3

Just got back from the last Boyz are Back show of the season and it was great as always!  :D Everyone in the show does a fantastic job singing and dancing to the songs I grew up with, plus the songs of today's generation (the whole third act) and the songs that were before my time (New Kids on the Block and New Edition). Here's hoping the show will be back next season!

• Like 3

You must've been in Skyline when I was. It was POURING as I sat by the window chuckling to myself at everyone in line to get their pizza.

I really don't have room to laugh though. I sat in line for Banshee from 9:40 till 11:10, when it finally reopened after quite a bit of down time and two heavy downpours. Both of which I got quite drenched.

LOL well, if you remember seeing someone who looks like a chubby Judd Nelson in an Abe Lincoln chin beard, juggling 3 Coneys, a cup of fries, a bunch of hot sauce, some napkins and a Banshee drink cup (because all of their freakin' trays were on loan to LaRosa's) then, yep, that was thy Biscuit ye saw.

• Like 4