Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I took the weather suggestion to heart and asked my dog what the weather was like today. She went outside dry and came back in wet. I can share her forecasts as time allows. Her future forecasts are a little "ruff" to be too accurate, however, she's always right on target as far as current weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 17

A message board I frequent has a rule that if you make a "goodbye forever" post, you better mean it, because you will be banned (and banned again if you start up a new account). It stops any over-dramatic plays for attention.

I feel a little bad about this one though, because I don't think it was necessarily meant for attention as much as inexperience in interacting with virtual strangers in real life or online, and this kid was probably "picked on" a little more than warranted (mostly teasing and jokes more than attacks, I don't think anyone was intentionally mean, it just felt that way to the one it was directed at). But, on the other hand, it's a lot more mild than one is likely to get when talking around many mixed groups online or in real life.

• Like 3

Not a joke, this is my last post on this site. My parents have decided to go to to Kings Island on May 28th cause it will be less crowds. And it's not nice to make fun of people. Bye.

Have a fun visit to KI!

(By the way, people here can sometimes be humorous or sarcastic in their responses. This doesn't mean that anyone was making fun of you.)

• Like 3

When I was a 1st Year Apprentice Electrician, the Journeyman I was working with told me "Kid (Ive always looked young for my age and He thought I was 18 or 19), take your last feeling out to the parking lot and put it back in your car, this is the real World." My Commandant in the Police Academy 2 years prior to that said the same thing, in a less PC manner. Moral.... if you cant handle it as a 13-15 year old, you are in for a ROUGH life as an Adult in the Adult World.

• Like 6

Just a little whining, I apologize in advance.

It was the email KI sent about their new season-long meal plan that actually finally sparked my interest in getting a pass this year, but I ended up not buying it along with my gold pass. What really bugs me about it is that there is no "snack" option.

When I last went to KI before this season, I finally had a friend visiting who loves coasters too (none of my friends in the area or my husband or family really like them, so it had been several years since I went), so I got Fast Passes for us both. Since it sounded like a pretty good deal, I also got us each the day-long meal plan. It included both a meal (possibly two, I forget?) and certain number of snacks (like funnel cake, frozen lemonade, soft serve, cotton candy, popcorn). I notice that, like the season plan, the daily plan this season no longer includes any possibility of snacks.

The couple times I've been to the park so far, I've been tempted to try some of the food but it is sooo expensive, and I don't like to eat too much food when I'm riding coasters (or when it is hot out, for that matter). I also love to get blue ice cream (and have actually bought some of that). If they offered snacks with the dining plan, I would be all over it. It would be nice to be able to trade one meal for two snacks (an generally cheaper for the park from what I've seen of relative prices). I could eat the snacks while I'm still riding coasters, and get an actual meal at the end of my day before leaving the park. But I'm not springing for the plan when it leaves me still needing to pay over $4 for a soft serve every time, I'll just get something outside the park when I leave.

I also agree with those that have said it would be nice to have a drinks plan that is linked to your pass, so you don't have to carry that cup everywhere. I'd settle for a smaller drink for $1 each time if it meant I didn't have to worry about extra baggage.

• Like 1

OK....so what happened to serving alcohol/ beer during the weekdays before 5pm?!? I wouldn't mine a sipper or 2 through the day. The Reds Grille turned away a lot of business today. Is this rule going to change during peak season???

Last year, the Reds Grille was doing the same on the first Friday in May. The bartender told me that there were no alcohol sales allowed until after 5pm because of the education days and all of the kids in the park. It would therefore seem reasonable to assume that when education days end, so will the no alcohol before 5pm rule. (Though when you ass-u-me, you make an... :))

• Like 5

I definitely agree the season-long meal plan is an excellent value, for those who can use it. The pricing is quite generous for what it offers, especially for someone who visits the park as often as I intend to. It is just that what it does offer isn't what I would want on my days at the park, so I'm whining. :) If I could make use of two full meals each visit, assuming $10 a meal (which is, I believe, low), I would already be halfway through paying for the plan this week.

If they offer a plus plan, I might consider it. If they offer a snacks only plan (like four a day, separated by at least an hour), I might get that. But, one with a little flexibility would be ideal, so I could choose snacks and/or meals.

To be fair, I may end up spending $80 just on ice cream over the summer (I don't know for sure I'll visit 20 times or get some each visit, but it could happen), so they may be getting the money out of me one way or the other and there's not much incentive in it for them to offer something like I want. I'm just wishing. And whining :)

• Like 1