Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

Reading KI's Facebook reviews is hilarious. One woman claims that Fast Lane is unfair because it's forcing people to stand in hour waits unless they pay money. Uh, no. Fast Lane is an upgrade in park experience. Why do people hate it so much? It is at every amusement park.

The price - so many complaints about the expense of going to KI. People need to realize that going in, amusement parks are just expensive places. At least you aren't spending $100/day (Disney).

One review asks why there are no more big rides at the park and that there were a lot more big rides before. Hah.

Just so many complaints, and most of them obviously show that these people shouldn't be going to amusement parks!

• Like 1

Fast Lane is only in Cedar Fair parks.

Skip the line systems are NOT in every amusement park:

Camden Park?

Holiday World?

Indiana Beach?

Waldameer?

Kennywood?

Conneaut Lake?

Knoebel's Grove Amusement Resort?

I could go on for hours...

Ed Hart will (hopefully) be able to mark his park in that category......someday...

That is something I personally like, variety. Hey, if I don't want the Fast Pass/ Fast Lane/Skip the line system, I will just go somewhere else. But, if I do, like in WDW parks, I go and have fun. Trust me, it is a blessing at certain parks, a curse in others.

• Like 1

Do you think Don and Mr. Scheid instinctively followed that sign when they saw it?

If I wasn't already shaven and I didn't have to work my 5th double in a row, I would have loved to do it!

I have a friend who did it. She won't post a pic of her head though.

• Like 2

Do you think Don and Mr. Scheid instinctively followed that sign when they saw it?

If I wasn't already shaven and I didn't have to work my 5th double in a row, I would have loved to do it!

I have a friend who did it. She won't post a pic of her head though.

Tell your friend that I think she's awesome. I wondered how many women shaved their heads. As a woman it's got to be difficult to do.

• Like 5

At the park today, I think I saw 3-4 women with shaved heads. They all looked awesome and I wanted to high 5 each and every one of them.

Got the last ride of the night on Vortex tonight. Going up the lift hill the fireworks were going off. This was a first for me and it was awesome. Never experienced being on a coaster with fireworks going on. Favorite moment had to be going through the double look to see fireworks lighting up the sky.

• Like 6

I went through the same situation (few posts back).

After thinking about how Gold Pass ERT admission is administered, and never seeing any entrance without a Gold card flashed to the officers, I became hesitant of the GR answer from a person that didn't even know what ERT was.

Note that I realized only a flash of the card is needed.

Either the park doesn't know.....or don't care.

• Like 3

I know I said awhile ago that that last post I did was my last. But I promise and I do mean that, I was just wondering who all is going to Kings Island on Saturday August 9th? I'm going with my 3 sisters and brother. I am only 10 rides away from my 100th at Kings Island, so I'm excited about that. Like I said I promise this is my last post I just wanted to know who all was going to the park that day. Thanks

• Like 1

Fast Lane is only in Cedar Fair parks.

Skip the line systems are NOT in every amusement park:

Camden Park?

Holiday World?

Indiana Beach?

Waldameer?

Kennywood?

Conneaut Lake?

Knoebel's Grove Amusement Resort?

I could go on for hours...

Kennywood had a skip to the line last year when I was there. I don't know if if they still do or not. I think they called it a Coaster Tour or something like that. They also had separate ones for flat rides and water rides. You were given a hour long window to ride each coaster at predetermined times. It worked pretty well and and was not terribly expensive. I am glad we did it. The park was busy and they were not running multiple trains on the coasters.

• Like 1

Like the Cincinnati Reds and Kings Island? Well you can visit both of Cincinnati's hottest attractions this summer! Tickets for the Reds game are valid for any home game through the rest of the season and the Kings Island tickets are valid during any operating day through September 1st. For more information, here's a link: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/kingsisland.jsp

• Like 1

This may be an odd question, but given that Chik-fil-A and Indiana liquor sales are not allowed on Sundays, I thought I'd ask: does Kings Island do their fireworks show on Sunday nights (10pm closing time)?

I also read here that The Beast stops running prior to closing time because of proximity to the fireworks. What time does The Beast usually close?

TIA!