Thoe124's 2014 Opening Day trip report!

thoe124

So me and my friend Ethan got to KI at about 5:30 in the morning. We met with these really cool guys who were determined to be the first because they got there first. The guard told us that it was going to be a free for all. So we waited for about 3 hours and then the guys we waited with started having contests to see who could get the farthest into the park before the guard started driving over. Then at about 8:45 we actually were allowed to go up to the gate. We were about the first ones there. Then about 2 hours later the line stretched all the way back to the drop off area. As soon as the gates opened, it was complete chaos. Everyone wanted to get in first. It was an insane mob. I got a cut on my hand, Ethan got kicked in the shin, and we saw some kid flying through the air at some point. (Not on Banshee) Finally we got to Banshee and holy moly it is beautiful. I was with the crazy mob and too excited to even take it all in at that point. Everybody surged through the queue hopping over and under rails. No one stopped. Finally we got up to the station just as the second train of the day dispatched. Me and Ethan got train 3!!! I was in a daze afterword because it was so great. Then we rode Bat which was about as dead as it usually is with 4 people in the station. Then we rode FOF and Firehawk with minimal lines. Finally we got to beast, and noticed that Banshee want running. It was broken down. That meant that lots of people were going to get out of line and go ride other things. Like beast. We were glad we got there when we did. So after that, we went and tried out the chicken shack for lunch. Had a great chicken salad and a water. Then we tried to go on Delirium but it broke down when we got in line. Then we tried to go on Congo falls but it broke down right before we got in line. Then Banshees line was about half the length that it was so me and Ethan waited 3.25 hours to ride. I think that front seat is best on Banshee. Usually i would say back, but Banshee is better on the front. My favorite part was the zero g roll or the inline twist. After Banshee, we went to WindSeeker. WindSeeker got stuck. So we went to ride Vortex. Then Vortex got stuck. Ethan said wait 5 minutes. Vortex was back up in 5 minutes! After Vortex, we got candy, and left. It was really fun!!! I will only get there at 5 on opening days that have a new ride, though. Altogether it was a great day!

-thoe124

• Like 4