Where will the next coaster be located ?

RyGuy

According to recent rumors of ride relocations and/or removals, the next coaster will most likely be located where the Antique Cars currently are. Other possible spaces for a new coaster would be pretty much anywhere on the other side of The Racer.

Yeah, I haven't considered you a n00b for awhile DXRunner. You make smart posts.

Back on topic, I have heard all the things you have. Which space they choose, who knows. All of the rumored areas could easily fit a new ride (Tiques, behind Racer, next to FoF).

Lets honestly think about this whole Tiques relocation thing:

1) Where else would Tiques go?

2) Tiques is a very popular ride. Its great with kids and great with adults. It is a great all around ride for PKI, family orientated.

3) Wouldnt it be cheaper just to keep Tiques where it is? If you move Tiques, all you can move is the steel, cars, and station. You cant move the concrete, and thats about half the ride.

4) Ok, maybe its only half of Tiques. Think of the smallest coaster you have seen. Now try to imagine that coaster fitting into Tiques spot. Aint gonna fit. Plus they intertwine each other.

I can see PKI taking out half of Tiques and putting something like a Jump2 or a flat ride there. Its a possibility. I would like to know where this rumor started, just for sh*ts and giggles.

If the park did take out the Antique Cars to install an indoor ride, a concrete foundation would have to be poured, and they would probably have to make a foundation that would be larger than the current surface area of the concrete at the Antique Cars. Does this make sense?

Just ADDING to the concrete foundation would be pretty much suicide, since you have to first excavate the ground, dig a few feet down, lay gravel and such, and then pour the mix and set to dry. It would probably be cheaper and safer if the just took out all the old concrete and replaced it with new stuff to build a new ride.

As for the next coaster, I wouldn't mind seeing something go over the Rivertown pond (maybe a cobra element or batwing near The Beast's exit?). It would look pretty schanzzy to me.

Beastbuzz was pretty cool. The tours were great, and the scavenger hunt was awesome! I didn't get to stick around for much of the ERT though, but it was probably awesome as well. On a sidenote, supposedly when asked about tiques removal, Jeff started commenting on all the rumors he had read, and he said one of his favorites was that tiques was being relocated behind TRTR. Someone on these boards might find that interesting, lol, j/k. Oh, and SOB TOM, the rumor about Tiques removal was originally started by Shaggy on another site, then very very very quickly escalated on this site. It's escalated so much so, that it's been accepted by many to be fact. Gotta love Shaggy.

On a sidenote, supposedly when asked about tiques removal,

I was the one who asked him that question he had said his favorite was that the tiques were beign relocated behind TR:TR and that we were getting a B&M flyer called Revenge of The Bat

I loved when Jeff said that they were going to show a special preview video of the new attraction during The Beast documentary presentation. It was really funny to hear everyone go "YES....oh...no........."

Anyways, I know how Jeff says that his favorite rumors are about how we are moving the tiques....but I don't remeber him ever saying that they weren't be removed..........

Jeff is just playing mind games with everyone. If we get an announcement, I think it will be... 1. At the end of the season. 2. When we begin to see construction. or 3. Next season/off-season.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope there next coaster won't be towards the outside of the park like the locations for Top Gun, Son of The Beast, and The Beast. I never liked how some parks will do that with coasters, always put them on the outside. I know Six Flags is probably the most guilty saying they build coasters on top of Parking Lots, but it's just one of those things I don't really like, but any coaster location for PKI next one should be satisfactory.

Where the hell else could they build? The only practical places not inhabited by trees over 60 feet tall are 1) the Antique cars, 2) between Top Gun and the Campground and 3) that oddly treeless area just east of Flight of Fear.

I think it'll be where the Antique Cars are because if you ride the cars you can see survey markers in the ground.

Thank you.

See, I am not crazy. Just wait about a week; You will see what it will be soon enough! ohmy.gif

I'm looking more and more towards Tiques now, because listen to this, SFGADV is supposedly getting a coaster taller than TTD. Now they haven't started footers and stuff, but they are using a parking lot and a grassy knoll. So I think that if we are getting a coaster, Tiques would be a fine spot for it, we'll find out the 12th.

I think it'll be where the Antique Cars are because if you ride the cars you can see survey markers in the ground.

Thank you.

See, I am not crazy. Just wait about a week; You will see what it will be soon enough! ohmy.gif

I'll see for myself on Wednesday, thank you very much. I'll look hard...really hard. maybe there will be three non-crazy people here!!

(sniff sniff...Something smells like a Vekoma Flyind Dutchman...or is it something else?)

Thank you.

I'll see for myself on Wednesday, thank you very much. I'll look hard...really hard. maybe there will be three non-crazy people here!!

(sniff sniff...Something smells like a Vekoma Flyind Dutchman...or is it something else?)

Boy, will you be sadly disappointed if you like that kind of crap. (a flying dutchman I mean) And like I said don't expect a Vekoma ride.

I didn't say I like the Vekoma Flyind Dutchman. I MEANT that I wouldn't be surprised to see such a Vekoma model installed where the Antique Cars are. Seems as if Paramount has been liking Vekoma lately, and with one of their parks trading the Flyer with another, it sounded like an option. There is more than enough space in that area. It just sounds quite logical to me.

I LIKE most things Intamin and B&M.