FUNTV First Impressions?

BoddaH1994

Yeah, yeah... I get it. It's a continuous loop right now. If you want to win a bet with your friends, the skull is under the #3 Tombstone in the Banshee queue.

With that being said, we discussed months ago, FUNTV is a work in process. I think the potential for FUNTV is astronomical. I'm really excited about this concept. Clearly they've made the investment into the manpower and/or software to make it an up-to-the-minute broadcast. The weather and hour by hour forecast is a good example of this.

Here are some new and/or stolen ideas that I thought would be interesting ideas for FUNTV:

1 - The Reds have a photo game for their scoreboard. If you use a certain hashtag, they may put your photo up. Why not do that? #KIPhotoGame

2 - I noticed that FUNTV keeps playing at its normal pace during the fireworks. Why not have a countdown for the last 5 or so minutes until the fireworks? When 10:00 hits, cut to a live feed of the family that gets to push the button to start the show? Once they start, cut to a feed of the fireworks, or at least show fireworks graphics while piping through the soundtrack of the show. Wouldn't that be neat?

3 - It would be nice to have hosted segments that involve things such as interviews and trivia.

For all I know, these things could already be in the works, but I think they'd be neat ideas.

What ideas do you have?

• Like 24

I was very impressed considering it's brand new, and hope they take it to another level so were not seeing the same old same old all season. My impression is that's where their headed with it, constantly being updated with up to date news and weather, more trivia, and a great mix of music videos!

• Like 1

First impressions? I'll bite. Keep in mind that I have so far only experienced it at Banshee and Boo Blasters.

Most of the "trivia questions" at Banshee were laughably ridiculous. "What is the best new ride for 2014? A. Banshee B. Banshee C. Banshee D. Banshee" Um, really? That hardly qualifies as a "trivia question". That one was the worst offender, but there were others that annoyed me. Boo Blasters had much better trivia questions.

Also on the subject of trivia, the hints literally give it away. Create some tougher hints or ditch them altogether. While they're at it, they can shorten the time to answer drastically. By the time 30 seconds are up, my attention has turned elsewhere. I think it should be 10 seconds at most.

Music videos: I'm not a fan of them, but that's more my personal tastes in music. However at Boo Blasters, either the speakers were broken, or (more likely since the TVs were inside the building) the sound was turned off. What's the point of playing music without sound?

Ideas for additions: I want to see something interactive. Maybe the #KIPhotoGame that Ryan mentioned, or something else. I'm no good at brainstorming at 2:00 in the morning. :P

Overall review for opening day: C+, with plenty of potential for improvement.

• Like 8

I wouldn't mind seeing an update every so often of wait times around the park. That way people can plan on where to go once they are done riding.

Thursday, I noticed Banshee did not have one of the wait time signs. Not sure if they installed one between then and yesterday or if they did away with them altogether?

• Like 13

The news updates were more celebrity updates and weather from what I saw.

Would be cool if they did behind the scene things.

The crazy looking gray haired lady in the video was the only negative thing I saw on the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for some sports updates, such as the Reds score! I'm actually watching the replay now.

Would there be a legal issue with showing the Reds? Licensing or something?

Edit: originally read this as showing the game, not just updating the score. Might be a hassle for them to show an update with the score though?

^ If licensing would be involved, I don't think it would be an issue considering there's already the Reds Hall of fame Grill.

I don't think that one would equate to the other. I know they have a blurb before, during, and after Reds game broadcast that involves all accounts of the game requiring written consent from MLB, but I don't think that would be hard to acquire if they're just doing score updates every few minutes.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the inclusion of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and Metallica's "Enter Sandman," both of which were a great fit for the Banshee queue, and while I like the Bastille song, "Pompeii," man, I seriously hear that song like five times a day. There's not a single Wal-mart I visit, nor bowling alley I go to, nor alternative radio station I listen to that I feel does not overplay that song way too much, and tonight's trip to King Island was no different.

There's also this gnarly music video that really set a vibe for the Banshee night ride queue. I didn't pick up the name of the song nor who it was by, but it was a dubstep tune overlaying a flashy montage of trippy patterns and imagery.

Another video that stood out to me was what I call "The Crazy-Hair Girl Video." Once again, I don't know anything about the song nor artist, just that I saw it at least four times during the day, a bit too much perhaps, and that it was a little weird.

The news could be beefed up a bit. As suggested, I think Reds stats would be a fantastic inclusion, far more interesting than Lindsay Lohan guest-hosting an episode of The View. The photo of Rosie O'Donnell was also pretty scary, particularly when it pops up in sync with "the Banshee Scream!"

• Like 12

Yes, the crazy grey haired lady with the awkward stance will haunt my nightmares, I've seen her that much today.

It would be nice to have the show schedules, or events that are happening listed, and particular menu items shown from restaurants around the park.

• Like 6

My only complaint was that they play Pompeii 4 times while I was in line. Not a bad song, I just don't want to hear it four times. The trivia was pretty easy. It said how fast Banshee goes twice though.

So how fast does Banshee go twice?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

136 MPH.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I was looking for some sports updates, such as the Reds score! I'm actually watching the replay now.

Would there be a legal issue with showing the Reds? Licensing or something?

Ummm, No.

You are not allowed to show highlights during the game. Other than that Im sure you would just needs written permission.

One of the trivia questions bugged me. It was the one about how fast Banshee goes in miles per hour. The choices were 50, 55, 68, and 88. Decent question for the general public as they probably don't honestly know. But one of the hints bugged me. IT ws meant to eliminate the choice of 55, but the hint was "Sammy Hagar can't drive it".

Umm... I pretty sure that that's a misleading hint. Sammy Hagar can't drive 55, which seems to indicate that 55 IS the answer. In fact, the song was protesting the 1973 National Maximum Speed Law that lowered all speed limits to 55 MPH or less. Sammy Hagar most likely COULD happily drive 68 (which is the right answer) and so I think that's a bad hint. And it honestly bugged me so much that I couldn't enjoy the trivia in Banshee's line...

• Like 5

I thought it was pretty good for a brand new option. The TV's they have this time are far better than the ones originally in the DB queue, though I agree that the trivia questions were a bit on the cheesy side (I also agree with that Sammy Hagar hint). The music video by St. Vincent was a bit odd as well, but it at least got my attention because it was unusual. I also liked hearing "Enter Sandman" and "Thriller" in the Banshee queue last night.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Where is this program displayed in the park?

A large amount of the rides in the park now have this it seems.

I found FUNTv to be a fantastic addition. The fact that it will,hopefully, be updated all the time leaves me very excited. This is much better than any other queue entertainment the park has ever had. Sure the news might just be celebrity gossip, but it's something different.

the skull is under the #3 Tombstone in the Banshee queue.

I actually saw one time where it was under tombstone #2, so maybe I should've bet you Budda ;)

• Like 9