FUNTV First Impressions?

BoddaH1994

Maybe just a live feed of the noodle.

Kraft has got instant free advertisement every time some shmoe uploads his picture by that thing on Twitter. For the price of the sculpture, and the rental space, it seems they are getting their dough's worth.

Also, I was hungry before bed last night and all this noodle talk that's been going on prompted me to make some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for my snack.

Whoever thought up the giant noodle is Krafty.

• Like 8

I think FUNTV needs more noodle coverage. We need to be able to check in with our noodly overlord at least once every 15 minutes in case he decides to share his cheesy wisdom.

Also, now that The Bat is painted, perhaps we could move its webcam so that we have a noodle cam.

Shhhhh, for there are unbelievers of his noodly appendage in these woods!

Cedar Point is getting it too: https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/FUN-While-You-Wait-In-Line

A couple of interesting notes from that article:

You'll see park information, music videos, trivia, news & sports, and eventually, unique programming from right here at Cedar Point.

The "unique programming" piqued my interest. Will we get that at KI also, and what will it be? Are they talking about live-hosted segments, pieces of live shows, or what? Should be interesting to see how it develops throughout the season.

The "control center" is located down at sister park Kings Island, and they will distribute content across all of our parks in the U.S. and Canada. Pretty cool!

So KI controls it for the entire chain? I had expected that each park's programming would be controlled from that park, but they've chosen to go with a central control center here at KI for the entire chain instead. Interesting. On one hand that reduces the cost by reducing the number of employees needed to operate, but on the other hand individual park control would likely lead to more varied and thus more interesting content.

Very happy to see Kings Island getting the job and confidence to do it. I admit I am surprised that if it was being controlled from one location that California park didn't get it. Resources and the pool of talent to pull that off is pretty good out there.

• Like 2

^^Kings Island probably is in control because they had the infrastructure already built into the park. It would be interesting to see the control area room for this project. I'm curious about who is creating the content?

Part of the reason why FUNtv maybe based at KI is because that is where Matt Shaffer worked at KI. He was recently promoted to corporate vice president, strategic alliances. "Shafer's primary focus will be the startup and launch of the Company's new in-house television network."

See the press release here: http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases/index.cfm

• Like 4

On opening day I thought FUNtv was kind of dumb. But after today's trip, it seemed to make the waits a lot faster. Also I like that they've put them all over the park, and not just the popular rides, rides like AE and Delirium have them too. Also I really enjoy watching people when it gets to Park Trivia or the Ball under the Cup game. They all cheer when they get it right.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also enjoyed it up at Cedar Point this past weekend, other than that it played the same songs in every line over and over and over...

My biggest complaint is that it isn't geared to each individual ride in terms of music, and it took away some of the original theme in certain lines. No more "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!" audio in line for Dragster. Shouldn't Maverick have some kind of country music rather than Metallica? Other than that, I am a fan!

• Like 2

FUNTV gave me some trivia that makes me have to find an old movie and watch it. Apparently there was a movie in the 80s called Fresh Horses, that I've never heard of, that was filmed in part at King's Island. I'm amazed the first I've heard of it was on FUNTV in passing through a walk-on line. I could have sworn I once heard in the 90s that the last thing filmed in the park was the Brady Bunch episode.

• Like 1

I also enjoyed it up at Cedar Point this past weekend, other than that it played the same songs in every line over and over and over...

My biggest complaint is that it isn't geared to each individual ride in terms of music, and it took away some of the original theme in certain lines. No more "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!" audio in line for Dragster. Shouldn't Maverick have some kind of country music rather than Metallica? Other than that, I am a fan!

My thoughts excactly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...