FUNTV First Impressions?

BoddaH1994

^^ So true. Guests were supposed to get lost in the theme and take their times to wander and enjoy. Now it's the opposite. Now guests must plan their time down to the minute, and be at the Magic Castle before their LaneHopper ticket time expires and then run over to Mr. Bunnies Totally Awesome Hop Thingy to get a new LaneHopper before they're gone. Then they have to make it to the Inter Park River Transit before the dock closes to go to the Animals Only Park because they have a scheduled lunch reservation at the Shady Knoll Terrace, and they are required to be 15 minutes early. (It's almost like someone with ADHD was in charge of these new planning systems.)

BTW, FUNTV? I've already tuned them out as a distraction.

• Like 6

Heard Thriller thrice today.

The line for Boo Blasters is kind of silly now.

Adventure Express - a mine train into the jungle? Cool, let's hear modern music and get updates on pop culture.

Park trivia - oh, cool! Oh, wait, that question's been asked six times today already!

No useful information about the park, like wait times, current closures, attraction advertisements, or places to go get food...

FUNtv is a great concept. But they really need to work on it.

• Like 8

Heard Thriller thrice today.

The line for Boo Blasters is kind of silly now.

Adventure Express - a mine train into the jungle? Cool, let's hear modern music and get updates on pop culture.

Park trivia - oh, cool! Oh, wait, that question's been asked six times today already!

No useful information about the park, like wait times, current closures, attraction advertisements, or places to go get food...

FUNtv is a great concept. But they really need to work on it.

I think you're going to see a lot of the aforementioned stuff. It's an adequate team pulling off the FunTV stuff, but they are trying to come up with initial content for all of the properties.

The turn around on original products is a time killer. If you assume you need one hour for every minute of a final project, every 3 minute info piece takes 3 hours from planning, shooting, editing, etc. .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here is a press release about Cedar Fair's alliance with TWC for FUNtv:

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company Debuts FunTV
-- Designed to engage, entertain and enhance the overall guest experience with original programming and content

-- Arrangement with Time Warner Cable Media provides added value for guests, investors and advertisers

SANDUSKY, Ohio, July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cedar Fair (NYSE: FUN), a leader in regional amusement parks, water parks and active entertainment, has created a way to make the wait time for its most popular rides and attractions fun and entertaining this summer with the debut of FunTV.

Designed to engage, entertain and enhance the overall guest experience, FunTV is broadcast on large outdoor HD screens with full audio in the queue area of more than 120 top thrill and family attractions across Cedar Fair's parks. Taking guests behind the scenes of an amusement park, FunTV offers original programming and other content designed to help them plan their day. Other features include park trivia, news, real-time weather, sports, interactive games and music videos.

"FunTV provides a great avenue for advertisers to reach an in-demand audience, delivering more than one billion impressions to teens, adults and families with young children in an ideal environment," said Cedar Fair Entertainment Company's Chief Operating Officer, Richard Zimmerman.

This new digital platform spans across all 11 Cedar Fair Entertainment Company parks, including Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland, and will reach more than 23 million guests annually.

Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable Inc. serves as the exclusive advertising representative for FunTV. Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting 15 million customers to a rich range of home entertainment, information and each other.

"The arrangement with Time Warner Cable Media provides added value for our guests, investors and advertisers," added Zimmerman. "This digital media engagement provides us a platform for a larger in-park marketing program to create a high-impact, fully-integrated strategic alliance program."

FunTV is powered by Reflect Systems, a full-service provider of digital media solutions based in Dallas, TX, and is a member of the Digital Place-Based Advertising Association (DPAA).

About Cedar Fair

Cedar Fair is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio, and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, three outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. Its parks are located in Ohio, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, and Toronto, Ontario. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract. Cedar Fair's flagship park, Cedar Point, has been consistently voted the "Best Amusement Park in the World" in a prestigious annual poll conducted by Amusement Today newspaper.

About Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.twc.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmedia.com.

This news release and prior releases are available online at www.cedarfair.com.

SOURCE Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

• 2 weeks later...

Just read thru all the posts, couldn't find it :(

Does anyone know the song/video that was (as best I remember) mostly black and white? Female singer, kinda R&B-ish I guess? Very smooth and laid back, but weird video...I think she had a sorta Cleopatra hairstyle....and it's stuck in my head. Except I know NONE of the words lol. That's the worst kind of "stuck in your head" to me...

• Like 1

Wow that took a LOOONG time (my searching I mean....roughly 2 hours lol)....lotsa searching, found someone named Lana Del Rey that sounds like whats stuck in my head....MTV artists that sound like LDR = Phantogram :D

Fall in love.

And thx for the welcome :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...