Vortex being removed?

Ozmodian

Was talking to a guy in line for the Diamondback

I'm gonna stop you right there. This is not a reliable source. Also, it is not "the Diamondback", it is "Diamondback", with no "the". No offense, just trying to help you out.

Vortex is not being removed unless there is something we don't know, and it is not sinking. Just want to clear that up for everyone. Also, if they decided to remove it, wouldn't they have already done it, or started work on demolishing it?

• Like 13

Last season, Vortex was one of the most ridden attractions in the park.

It's not going anywhere until it becomes prohibitively expensive to continue operating, it sees a DRAMATIC decrease in ridership, or until that land is needed for something else. In short, as long as no major incidents occur, expect Vortex to stick around for many years to come.

Besides, everyone knows 2013 was its last season. And 2014 is its current season :)

• Like 14

I would hope that Vortex will be re-painted gray and re-named "Top Gun" long before it is removed.

I don't think many would be pleased with such a decision.

....Although I do think it would be an even more popular ride if the park were to re-paint it and name it Gillette Mach 3: The Ride.

• Like 8

Ugh! I hear this every year! Vortex is being removed,Vortex is sinking...etc Vortex is going isn't going anywhere. Just tired of hearing about it. Yeah, those who know don't tell ..SO just wait like the rest of us and enjoy the ride. There is fun in speculation..who knows what to come.

• Like 6

Was talking to a guy in line for the Diamondback

Also, if they decided to remove it, wouldn't they have already done it, or started work on demolishing it?

Not necessarily. Remember back in 2012 when Cedar Point announced that Disaster Transport was going to stop operations on the 31st of July? I know this is a Kings Island forum, but I'm just throwing that out there. Your right though, It's highly unlikely that Vortex is going anywhere. It's one of Kings Island signature rides. :)

• Like 1

Moral of the story: Don't believe anything that the GP says, just let it go through one ear, and the other. I hear many MANY things at the park, and I don't post it, nor do I even talk about it. Heck I've heard some of the craziest stuff here, same at the park, some I don't even find funny anymore. The only people who really know stuff are people who work at Kings Island, or in the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, who, are given the information to keep locked up.

• Like 3

Was talking to a guy in line for the Diamondback and he was saying that maintence cost for Vortex was $750,000 to $1 million a year and this will be its last season. Any truth to this and what will fill that space?

Stop it! Posting bogus information like this forces the park to field unnecessary calls, emails, Facebook and Twitter messages.

As we have seen from threads elsewhere, we have called out crazy things posted on Facebook. Being a fan site, the general public may believe that what is posted here is correct if they stumble across it in a Google search. Personally I would rather the park field complaints about real issues than have to address rumors.

• Like 9

Some people assume that KIC is ran by the park and that any rumor posted here is coming straight from the horses mouth. KIC is not, nor has it been ran by Kings Island or Cedar Fair Entertainment Company.

I can relate to Don in this situation. Being in my line of work (in the past), those situations are not fun- AT ALL.

• Like 9

I thought the first several years it was a lot smoother. I am now a lot older (as Vortex is) and I can't say if it's more Vortex being more rough or I am older. I lean more towards the latter.

However, I rode tonight 5/1 and it was a better ride. Other hints about pushing myself up a bit during turns really made me enjoy the ride more. Thanks to everyone who offered ways to improve the experience of Vortex. I am hoping with a few more rides I will not tense up so much as I expect the roughness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I don't see any reason for the park to get rid of Vortex. Sure it's a little rough but what arrow isn't? It's not sinking and it doesn't cost anywhere near as much as what Ozmodian says it does. Vortex is a classic iconic ride that is going to stay in this park for many years to come.

• Like 5