Vortex being removed?

Ozmodian

I like watching Vortex.

...when I rode AE Friday none of the effects were really working in the tunnel and a arm of one of the warriors is STILL not working (haven't seen it move in about 2 years)

I don't see any reason for the park to get rid of Vortex. Sure it's a little rough but what arrow isn't?

You must not have ridden Tennessee Tornado methinks... :P

• Like 3

Was talking to a guy in line for the Diamondback and he was saying that maintence cost for Vortex was $750,000 to $1 million a year and this will be its last season. Any truth to this and what will fill that space?

Stop it! Posting bogus information like this forces the park to field unnecessary calls, emails, Facebook and Twitter messages.

Wouldnt a post like the above one be enough for rumors like this to just stop?

• Like 3

Not every train on Adventure Express disturbs the Temple. Some riders get the cordial, convivial treatment and are allowed to pass through peacefully. Others are keen and cunning, like Indiana Jones, and are able to sneak through without waking its denizens.

;)

• Like 7

ok, someone help me here, I've read the 5-1 a lot, but haven't ever been completly sure which seat that is. With my wife pregnant, that means 100% of the coaster riding with our 5 year old is one me. That is generally not a problem, but as much as I love Vortex, 1 spin on it pretty much knocks me out for a while. My wife likes to sit in the very back of the train, so getting into the 5th car isn't as easy, and generally we're there with the kids, so if our oldest wants to get on, I let her take him. This year its on me, so I'm aiming for 5-1 so I can continue on to other rides with him right away since Mom won't be able to do anything with him (well aside from Boo Blaster, train, and things like that.)

so is it

4-2 4-1

4-4 4-4

--------

5-2 5-1

5-4 5-3

---------

6-2 6-1

or is it

4-2 4-1

5-2 5-1

6-2 6-1

or is the alternate variation on each of those possibilities w/ 5-1 being closer to the exit side of the station and 5-2 being closer to the gate side of the station?

TIA.

^5-1 is normally referred to as the first row of the fifth car. For example, the front row is 1-1 and the back row is 7-2. If I said I was riding in 2-1, I would be referring to the first row of the second car. If I was riding in 6-2, I would be in the second row of the sixth car.

So it would be like this:

1-1

1-2

2-1

2-2

3-1

3-2

4-1

4-2

5-1

5-2

6-1

6-2

7-1

7-2

It hardly matters whether you sit on the left or right in row 5-1; you'll still get a smooth ride. It's basically the same with any row. You'll get the same experience that that row gives whether you're in the left or right seat.

I hope this is the clarification you are looking for. :)

• Like 7

Changing restraints sounds simple, but is actually very difficult.

The current seats are engineered to the current restraints. Re-engineering the restraints on a ride introduced in 1987 will not be looked upon as a good return on investment.

• Like 2

If there is anything I have learned last year at Kings Island, it's that there are a lot of bored people in line and they will make BS up about anything to (un)impress their friends... like the man who said roller coasters don't really need upstop wheels.

• Like 2