Drop Tower? (update: now open!)

Delirium2018

We went on the Sunday of opening weekend and it was aggravating seeing a lot of rides not working properly or not even running at all. This seems to happen each year at the beginning of the season. It makes no sense when they have plenty of time to get the rides ready before opening weekend. At one point in the late afternoon, we went to Delirium, waited in line and it temporarily closed. So we walked to The Beast, and then it ended up closing. Grrrr!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The off season for some reason gets thought of as an empty quiet period at seasonal parks, when in fact, it's such a busy time and sadly such a small window to get so much done. Think each track is walked numerous times, inspected, repairs done to the track, supports, etc. The trains completely disassembeled to the smallest bolt, new parts put in place. Test runs and maint. runs on every ride, state inspections, new construction, changes to rides and retrofits, upgrades, etc. All of this mainly happening in the winter, which mind you this was a pretty bad one.

There's alot going on, and this is just rides. This doesn't involve the shops, games, food areas, etc. It's busier than you think.

• Like 13

I am impressed with how much they have done. The winter was brutal. I truly cannot believe they were able to not only get an entire roller coaster built, repainted Bat, rethemed an area which looks amazing in my opinions. I really did not expect the park to open until this weekend due to what the construction crews fought against. Well done construction and maintenance crews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 14

Is it too much to expect it to operate reliably and consistently?

Especially after paying so many millions for it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See also Cedar Point...

Holiday World

NJFTP

Knott's Berry Farm

Kings Dominion

Just to name a few.

Kings Island can be added due to Drop Tower.

For an Intamin? Yes.

Banshee biggest problem on opening day was protein.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went last night, 5/3 6:30 - !0 - Drop Tower was down the whole time, and WindSeeker only went up during the fireworks display.

Nothing gives me more of a rush than Drop Tower. I hope they get it working soon.

Yeah, it was sad. They didn't even have Drop Tower's lights on. :(

~Coolio schoolio~

• Like 1