Drop Tower? (update: now open!)

Delirium2018

I saw WindSeeker operate, without guests, one time while I was there this year. The seats were swinging around like Flying Eagles and a couple of times it sounded like they were hitting each other, but I think it was the divider, shock looking things. Has any other park bought these rides besides Cedar Fair?

• Like 1

WindSeeker has also been closed since opening day.

The ride has been open this year. Thousands of guests have ridden it since Opening Day. A lot of inaccurate information about the park has been posted on this site this year.

• Like 18

WindSeeker has also been closed since opening day.

The ride has been open this year. Thousands of guests have ridden it since Opening Day. A lot of inaccurate information about the park has been posted on this site this year.

This is a free public anonymous message board where literally anybody can post anything. A lot of posters are in their very early teens, as one would expect on a website about an amusement park. What else would you expect?

Your "a lot of misinformation has been posted this year" posts are starting to feel more and more melodramatic with each one. Maybe you're just reading the forum more this year?

I don't know, I personally think this community does a darn good job of challenging rumors and misinformation on here that is bound to be posted from time to time given the very nature of this message board as explained earlier. For instance, there were multiple posts that addressed the poster who claimed WindSeeker hasn't been running this year before you jumped in. These guys are on top of it. But even with that, there's still going to be false rumors and misinformation posted with some regularity.

• Like 15

Or it could be the beginning of the end of the site as we know it. Continual inaccurate info being posted could result in a shut-down of the site or the site goes to a pay site to weed out anyone from simply creating an account and posting bogus/trolling type information. Not that being a pay site will eliminate the problem altogether, but it would reduce it as folks would be forking out money and have "traceable" accountability back to what they post (even though you are kidding yourself if you think it couldn't be figured our who is posting what as the site operates today - amazing what can be found once a search warrant is issued).

• Like 6

It bugs me that Don can post and "call out" false information but didn't tell us even a GUESS to when Drop Tower will open. PR at it's finest. I'm just saying that if we had a guess/reason why a lot of the "inaccurate information about the park" would stop. I could simply state "Drop Tower is down because someone died on it" (I know that's not true this is an example, nobody has ever died on DT) and although most of us are smart enough to know I'd be wrong someone might think it's true because PR hasn't come out to simply say something like "Drop Tower is down because we had to order a part that's overseas. We expect it to be up and running sometime mid June. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Edited by OpSonofBeast
  • Like 1

It bugs me when people call out other people for doing their jobs. We are not owed any information about when the ride is going to open. Maybe its down, maybe there is no crew, maybe Mason has said no rides with 90 degree drops. Who cares. The ride is not up right now. If that bugs you then, honestly, get over it.

For everyone else who gets bugged about what has to be said on here and how it has to be said, get over it. Seriously grow up. No one cares about your complaining and all you do is potentially ruin some of the perks this site has built with KI.

There once was a time, where Don answered questions we posted to him. Not because he had to but because he wanted to. If you want to complain and make up stories please go visit kiextreme. Im sure you can get some people to drink your crazy over there...

On a more on topic statement. Never been a huge fan of rides like Drop Tower. Something about the heights and just sitting there. I think I may have only ridden the ride less than a handful of times...

• Like 9

It bugs me when people call out other people for doing their jobs. We are not owed any information about when the ride is going to open. Maybe its down, maybe there is no crew, maybe Mason has said no rides with 90 degree drops. Who cares. The ride is not up right now. If that bugs you then, honestly, get over it.

For everyone else who gets bugged about what has to be said on here and how it has to be said, get over it. Seriously grow up. No one cares about your complaining and all you do is potentially ruin some of the perks this site has built with KI.

There once was a time, where Don answered questions we posted to him. Not because he had to but because he wanted to. If you want to complain and make up stories please go visit kiextreme. Im sure you can get some people to drink your crazy over there...

On a more on topic statement. Never been a huge fan of rides like Drop Tower. Something about the heights and just sitting there. I think I may have only ridden the ride less than a handful of times...

Who cares? The person that made this thread and the many others who have posted/read it. Yes, its true we are not 'owed' any information at all. Kings Island has a right and they don't have to tell us. It's just thought full to tell the people who go to your park and who are the reason you have a park/job to at least say sorry. (It's what PR does.) Last and not least because you haven't made me a happy person, telling us you're not a fan of Drop Tower isn't the point of this thread. At least my post was.

I don't think any type of PR manager wants to report negative news, unless they must. It could be bad for businesses.

Maybe the issue is something the park doesn't wanna talk about, maybe they just don't have a time frame to when the ride will be open period. etc, it could be a number of things.

Sure I would like to know why it's not open but, as of right now, the park isn't speaking out about it. I'm not taking sides in this chaos but I am just saying why they may not be speaking.

• Like 1

Who cares? The person that made this thread and the many others who have posted/read it. Yes, its true we are not 'owed' any information at all. Kings Island has a right and they don't have to tell us. It's just thought full to tell the people who go to your park and who are the reason you have a park/job to at least say sorry. (It's what PR does.) Last and not least because you haven't made me a happy person, telling us you're not a fan of Drop Tower isn't the point of this thread. At least my post was.

Going back and re-editing your posts when someone comments about something you said.... come'on man!

My point being is this: If you want to state "Oh I wish the ride was working" feel free to. If you want to speculate, go for it and expect to get called out. But calling out the PR guy because he is not giving you the information that YOU DO NOT DESERVE. Weak sauce!

I missed the title of thread being called Drop Tower, a Discussion of Only Why its Broke. If you would like to continue this discussion, then I would be more than welcome to have a PM discussion with you.

Back to discussing all things DT....

• Like 3

Yea it would help with the misinformation on this one subject if they said why it was broke and when it would be fixed, but this is not the only thing that has been misinformed. I dont see Don telling everyting little negative thing about the park.

• Like 1

Its down and you don't need to know why. It's that simple.

Interesting. So do you take this approach with with every product you buy into?

"Sir, the burger you want is not available even though Its on the menu. No I will not tell you why. Have a nice day though"

• Like 2

Its down and you don't need to know why. It's that simple.

Interesting. So do you take this approach with with every product you buy into?

"Sir, the burger you want is not available even though Its on the menu. No I will not tell you why. Have a nice day though"

Actually, I have had something similar happen to me at a resturant and I did not feel I was owed an explaination. "'X item' is not available, would you like something else?" Knowing why, or throwing a fit about it, wouldn't make it anymore available to me. Same goes for Drop Tower. Knowing why it isn't operating isn't going to make it start operating any sooner.

• Like 8

Yeah but some of the attitudes towards things on here is what I'm not a fan of.

Like ...

"Well that's just how it is simple as that"

And...

"There's a lot of misinformation on this site"

I don't think it's wrong for anyone to question why something is down especially since we are all fans of the place and we are interested in how things work. Also you could avoid all of the misinformation and people asking why if they said something like " its down for a part that was ordered and has yet to arrive, we expect it in at this time however it could be longer".

• Like 10

It's not wrong to question, but some seem to be downright demanding answers. KI has their reasons for doing what they do.

Would I love to know why DT is not operating? Of course! Do I care that KI isn't more forth coming with that information? Nope.

• Like 2

Like I said before the secrecy makes no sense to me. It seems it would be easier to just give an answer like I provided in my last post instead of getting mad that there is misinformation for people guessing.

• Like 1

I don't think it's wrong for anyone to question why something is down especially since we are all fans of the place and we are interested in how things work. Also you could avoid all of the misinformation and people asking why if they said something like " its down for a part that was ordered and has yet to arrive, we expect it in at this time however it could be longer".

I don't think anyone has said that it's wrong to question (or even to speculate about) what's wrong with Drop Tower. (Just avoid posting information that is false.)

What gets really old are the comments criticizing people like Don for not volunteering specific information. Kings Island doesn't have to be interactive with this site at all. I sometimes wonder why they continue to do so when they get mostly backlash and criticism from us.

Regarding Drop Tower, I imagine that they prefer that the media focus be on Banshee and the rest of the Action Zone attractions that are open already. After all, they just opened the biggest investment in park history. I'm sure that KI wants Drop Tower open just as much as we* do.

*excluding Duncan and Lindzey

• Like 5